Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
See this post for evidence of how the promotion should post to your account

Terms & Conditions, as available at: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/you-have-a-special-place-in-our-hearts-now-your-flights-give-you-more-advantages-430

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.

From now on , until June 15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.

Campaign Rules and Conditions
  • Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
  • This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
  • The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
  • Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
  • Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
  • All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
  • 2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
  • Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
  • Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Print Wikipost

Up to 4x Status Miles!

Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
OK kids, good news!

I can confirm that 4x status miles applies on top of any Elite bonuses.

BOG-IST is 6688 miles and IST-BCN is 1400 miles. So, the amounts credited shortly after my flights reflect the 160% for an Elite member flying in J.

Today, I received my bonus, which is exactly triple what I was credited in the first place. ^

Long story short... Elite members earn 640% of miles flown in J. All miles are redeemable and count for status.
Attached Images  

Last edited by craigthemif; Apr 3, 2017 at 12:42 pm
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Ka Ching! VNO-IST-EZE incoming in J!!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Now I'm wondering how quickly status gets upgraded to E+, so that I might squeeze in a 40K re-qualification before 15 June...
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Long story short... Elite members earn 640% of miles flown in J. All miles are redeemable and count for status.
I'm jelaous :-) Congratulations!
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gnopps
I'm jelaous :-) Congratulations!
Thanks. But I promise you that the TK J experience (angled flat, ancient A330, poorly timed for sleep) was far worse and twice as long as the IB J reward I cancelled. So today feels good but the other day I was wrecked and wondering if I had made a huge mistake...
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
I was able to price VNO to EZE until 2 days ago for dates in April and May. now the price is almost double. I see the fare on matrix, but not on turkish airlines website.i am doing something wrong?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
I was able to price VNO to EZE until 2 days ago for dates in April and May. now the price is almost double. I see the fare on matrix, but not on turkish airlines website.i am doing something wrong?
I don't think you'll find this fare in April or the first half of May you should look towards the back end of May early June
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
OK kids, good news!

I can confirm that 4x status miles applies on top of any Elite bonuses.

BOG-IST is 6688 miles and IST-BCN is 1400 miles. So, the amounts credited shortly after my flights reflect the 160% for an Elite member flying in J.

Today, I received my bonus, which is exactly triple what I was credited in the first place. ^

This is fantastic! I've got a round trip JFK-TLV in J coming up, and I'm flying with my two kids in J as well. We're all pooling miles as a family, so with 4x 160% for each passenger, I'm in for a big haul!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not to take this thread back to "conspiracy theory" territory, but it appears that the link to the T&Cs has died. Anybody still able to access them? Hopefully it's just TK IT...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Not to take this thread back to "conspiracy theory" territory, but it appears that the link to the T&Cs has died. Anybody still able to access them? Hopefully it's just TK IT...
I see them. not a problem

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...advantages-430
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
I wish i got targeted for this promotion , enjoy guys!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by LH4116
Now wanting to sound mean or anything, but I hope that the promo has been pulled. It was way too generous, and frankly unfair to us who've earned Elite Plus the hard way. Spent approximately €20-25K on Star Alliance last year, the majority of which went towards reaching and retaining E+ on TK.
But sorry, it does sound like a mean and unhealthy sentiment. A bit like the unhappiness of J-ticket holders at economy-class passengers getting upgrades into the business-class cabin.

Disappointment at the happiness of others probably translates as one of those lovely German compound words. It mirrors the delightful sentiment attributed to Gore Vidal "whenever a friend succeeds, a little something in me dies.”

Envy is corrosive. Far better not to bother yourself with the success of others in such trivial matters. You have earned Elite status with Turkish Airlines: savour the moment, and don't concern yourself with other people. Their relationship with the airline is their business, not mine, and not yours.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
But sorry, it does sound like a mean and unhealthy sentiment. A bit like the unhappiness of J-ticket holders at economy-class passengers getting upgrades into the business-class cabin.

Disappointment at the happiness of others probably translates as one of those lovely German compound words. It mirrors the delightful sentiment attributed to Gore Vidal "whenever a friend succeeds, a little something in me dies.”

Envy is corrosive. Far better not to bother yourself with the success of others in such trivial matters. You have earned Elite status with Turkish Airlines: savour the moment, and don't concern yourself with other people. Their relationship with the airline is their business, not mine, and not yours.
I'm not convinced this is about envy. Every over-generous promotion in frequent flyer history has been followed by a devaluation, and this would've been no different.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I'm not convinced this is about envy. Every over-generous promotion in frequent flyer history has been followed by a devaluation, and this would've been no different.
You devalue when cabins are full and you need to ration the seats by charging more miles. TK flights are half-empty, and it will only get worse with the electronics ban. If anything there will be more reward promos so that at least M&S members will pay some surcharge.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
You devalue when cabins are full and you need to ration the seats by charging more miles. TK flights are half-empty, and it will only get worse with the electronics ban. If anything there will be more reward promos so that at least M&S members will pay some surcharge.
No, you devalue when your profit margins get squeezed.

The people who are only going to qualify for E+ on the basis of a double/quadruple mile promotion will drive down TK's average revenue metrics for each tier, while the cost of serving each tier will rise as more members get higher status.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.