Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
See this post for evidence of how the promotion should post to your account

Terms & Conditions, as available at: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/you-have-a-special-place-in-our-hearts-now-your-flights-give-you-more-advantages-430

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.

From now on , until June 15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.

Campaign Rules and Conditions
  • Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
  • This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
  • The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
  • Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
  • Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
  • All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
  • 2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
  • Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
  • Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Print Wikipost

Up to 4x Status Miles!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, TK Gold, QR Platinum, WY Sinbad Gold, SV Alfursan Gold
Reply from TK:
Hi, we would like to inform you that unfortunately, only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion. Thanks for your understanding. Kind regards.

My reply to that:
you favored other members? I'll favor other airlines..simples 😎
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beduin
Reply from TK:
Hi, we would like to inform you that unfortunately, only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion. Thanks for your understanding. Kind regards.

My reply to that:
you favored other members? I'll favor other airlines..simples 😎
You're not really missing much seeing as to how TK isn't honoring the promo for those of us who did receive the email. They need a complete overhaul of their IT system.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: IHG Spire, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, TK Gold, QR Platinum, WY Sinbad Gold, SV Alfursan Gold
Originally Posted by EK788
You're not really missing much seeing as to how TK isn't honoring the promo for those of us who did receive the email. They need a complete overhaul of their IT system.
Thanks..

i'm just disgusted at the bare face neglect to those of us who weren't included. Adding insult to injury, they seem to have chosen those of us who were less loyal! I took my membership seriously with them, but they didn't deserve it. It's the gesture I'm talking about more than anything else.

I urge everyone who feels the same to lodge a complaint. Thats how this might get noticed. Let's inundate their customer service with the same issue! I already lodged one and got their silly useless reply. I would write again if a couple of you guys promise to do the same.

Last edited by beduin; Mar 28, 2017 at 6:07 am
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
i'm just disgusted at the bare face neglect to those of us who weren't included. Adding insult to injury, they seem to have chosen those of us who were less loyal!
You really don't understand how these programs work.

They are marketing measures to generate more revenue and profit from each individual customer.

If you are already loyal, i.e. keep flying TK despite the recent series of events in Turkey, they have no reason to spend money on you to shower you with bonus miles.

If, on the other hand, you were previously loyal but have stopped flying them, it is perfectly reasonable for them to put out a big incentive for you to come back. If you bite, they have the promo miles cost but also have secured fresh revenue from you. If you don't bite, they are not out any money.

I am E+ and already had several long-haul J trips on TK booked by the time this promo launched. Of course, I was not targeted - that would have been 100% wasteful (although TK has in the past done this... ahem... Superbowl commercial...).

If you think that loyalty programs are run for your benefit, I am sad for you.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:58 am

Agree. People who were targeted and then bought tickets because of the promo got soaked (presuming the worst case - that TK is not honoring the promo).
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by airoli

They are marketing measures to generate more revenue and profit from each individual customer.

If you are already loyal, i.e. keep flying TK despite the recent series of events in Turkey, they have no reason to spend money on you to shower you with bonus miles.

If, on the other hand, you were previously loyal but have stopped flying them, it is perfectly reasonable for them to put out a big incentive for you to come back. If you bite, they have the promo miles cost but also have secured fresh revenue from you. If you don't bite, they are not out any money.

I am E+ and already had several long-haul J trips on TK booked by the time this promo launched. Of course, I was not targeted - that would have been 100% wasteful (although TK has in the past done this... ahem... Superbowl commercial...).

I'm sad for you too buddy.. as you have put too many "ifs" in your message except my intended "if"!

Mine is:

If TK thinks it can get away with unfair treatment to their most loyal, there will be no more "most loyal".
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond

This is where I get confused, as my wife and I both got the promo. We're both E+, and I flew ~ 450K miles with them over the last 12 months with my wife flying ~ 150K miles with them. I know people who have received that promo that fly more than us on TK and I know people who haven't received it that used to fly them but have now switched over to EK and MS.

I'm guessing it's randomly sent out to a set percentage of M&S members.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:07 am

If TK thinks it can get away with unfair treatment to their most loyal, there will be no more "most loyal".
Targeted loyalty promos to certain parts of the membership base are not "unfair". There is no such thing as "fairness" in marketing. If you feel that the level of service and rewards you get from TK in return for your spend is not good enough, then yes, you should no longer be loyal.

I've certainly arrived at that point with another FFP I stuck to for 10+ years in the past.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:08 am

I'm guessing it's randomly sent out to a set percentage of M&S members.
That would be really stupid - although not impossible for TK.

My assumption was that it was sent to members with a certain amount of past activity and no forward bookings held.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
That would be really stupid - although not impossible for TK.

My assumption was that it was sent to members with a certain amount of past activity and no forward bookings held.
I got the email and this was exactly what happened with my activity in the last 10 months,quite active before and no flights lately.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I'm flying next week. Two targeted emails, both link to T&Cs showing 15 June expiry. Booked after the promo period started, direct with TK. Can't think of a single reason I won't get the bonus miles unless TK have simply decided to bait-and-switch everybody. Will let you all know what the outcome is of course...
Got the two emails as well. No activity on TK for a couple of years and minor activity on partners.
I did however purchase a J trip on the basis of this (well and also to spend a nice 2-week holiday ): CDG-IST-KUL//SGN-IST-CDG.
Still not entirely clear on whether I should be expecting to get (mileage x 160% x 4) or (Mileage x (160% + 300%)). If it's the former, then I should theoretically reach E+ with this trip. Time will tell !
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:17 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
as recent reports show you can only expect your normal miles

don't whine about targeted promos, all the hotel programs have targeted promos and i never get targeted... here you should even be happy if you were not targeted because it looks like it is a scam

I wanted to wait for more reports but i looks so bad so i will skip on this promo...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:24 am
tcm

A friend of mine (Elite) based in Turkey got a status extension challenge after his downgrade. What some here fail to realize is that TK does not have a sophisticated marketing targeting technique. You know the IT speaks already for itself That is why already being E+ for several years I tried to get the promo e-mail by changing my registered address for some extra miles.

I think the promo is/was over generous. But it is catastrophic business practice to promise something to a customer and then not honoring that promise.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tcm

I think the promo is/was over generous.
It's not like E+ or E gets you all that much. Lounge access at IST? Already included in J tickets. It's not like hotels or U.S. airlines where we might be competing for upgrades. Should any E+ member really care that I would get two confirmed upgrades per year?

BA were offering a triple Avios promo recently. As a Gold member I would then earn a 100% bonus. So 400% of miles flown. Then another 50-150% bonus depending on the fare code I booked Business Class in. So 450-550% of miles flown...

So, this TK promo is hardly over generous in comparison, considering that they are losing a fortune due to the security situation and now the laptop restriction.

What will put them out of business is promising something then not honouring it. That's a great way to ensure that those affected never fly TK again.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by tcm
A friend of mine (Elite) based in Turkey got a status extension challenge after his downgrade. What some here fail to realize is that TK does not have a sophisticated marketing targeting technique. You know the IT speaks already for itself That is why already being E+ for several years I tried to get the promo e-mail by changing my registered address for some extra miles.

I think the promo is/was over generous. But it is catastrophic business practice to promise something to a customer and then not honoring that promise.
Could those idiots have gotten confused and sent the emails to the non-entitled members? I would'nt be surprised with TK doing that! 🤔

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.