Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking classes for business class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Booking classes for business class

With apologies if this has been asked before but I could not find it with the search engine . . .

What is the order in the booking classes J, C and Z?

By order I mean in terms of relative cost / importance.

Many thanks,

Another GoldMember.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:35 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
It's C, D, K, J, Z. I'm not sure what you mean with importance. K, J, Z earn fewer miles.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Here you go:
  • C
  • D
  • Z
  • K
  • J
  • I (award)
  • R (staff travel)
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: TK E+ *G, AA Gold, A7 *S
Related question: Wanting to use my E+ upgrade vouchers.

When searching on itamatrix and THY, I see D and K fares available. Will these be eligible for the voucher upgrade as they are higher than J? I've been told there must be J seats available in order to upgrade.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by ttapps
Will these be eligible for the voucher upgrade as they are higher than J? I've been told there must be J seats available in order to upgrade.
And you have therefore answered your own question.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by airoli
And you have therefore answered your own question.
I would have thought so too, but when I call to process my E+ voucher, multiple agents say they can only process J booking class, not D and K. Anyone else had this issue? Any way I can check on J availability apart from D & K?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ttapps
I would have thought so too, but when I call to process my E+ voucher, multiple agents say they can only process J booking class, not D and K. Anyone else had this issue? Any way I can check on J availability apart from D & K?
If you can only see D & K, then there is no J available! Those are more expensive fare classes. (although to be fair, most airlines wouldn't use "J" for their cheapest Business Class fare)

Run a Matrix search limited to J class and you'll see the dates when you can use an E+ upgrade.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you can only see D & K, then there is no J available! Those are more expensive fare classes.

Run a Matrix search limited to J class and you'll see the dates when you can use an E+ upgrade.
Thanks! I had the order confused in my mind.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Mind you ITA is notoriously bad for finding TK availability and pricing. You cannot rely on TK's own website even to find J availability.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by boosh
Mind you ITA is notoriously bad for finding TK availability and pricing. You cannot rely on TK's own website even to find J availability.
ugh. sad but true. this is driving me nuts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.