Wiki Posts
Search

RFID Baggage Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold
RFID Baggage Card

Does anybody know what the RFID Baggage card is? I found a link on my Miles&Smiles account but no further information.

Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: AV Diamond, TK ELP, IB Oro, AD Diamante, NZ Gold, QF Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Taking a guess...
http://http://www.flyertalk.com/foru...aud-email.html

Last edited by kiwitakingflight; Jan 25, 2017 at 10:38 am Reason: URL not working
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by kiwitakingflight
You've got me excited now. Will be waiting for the 'gift'. Will probably turn out to be a calendar now!
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
That would be cool. But on the other hand I don't know if I would welcome one more way TK could loose my luggage
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:45 am

I do wonder though if this will be globally accepted? Qantas have a similar thing and AFAIK it is only accepted on domestic
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
I'd guess it's for those new Rimowa tags
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by nilsrtw
I'd guess it's for those new Rimowa tags
That is not an RFID tag, but a nice idea though.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 1:59 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by boosh
Qantas have a similar thing and AFAIK it is only accepted on domestic
Correct.

Shall I be a guinea pig and order the TK tag
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
Correct.

Shall I be a guinea pig and order the TK tag
please do but maybe only check in a bag of bricks for the trial run

i am really surprised they haven't done a big song and dance about this as it would a genuinely cool thing
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:24 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Wonder if they may consider incorporating it into their current luggage tags - like this:

https://www.reboundtag.com/
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:15 pm

Looks interesting, but I think I will wait until an industry standard comes out. It is not that I don't trust TK's IT infrastructure, but something tells me, it will might read "checked in" at IST and that is the last update you get until you see it in hand. And the update will probably arrive after you arrive at your hotel.

http://tr.shopandmiles.com/tk-collec...id-bagaj-karti
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:23 am

I got an email on this subject today -- seems like a good idea. It appears that the card will only be useful on TK flights, and there's a one time cost of 1994 miles to order one.
Details available at this link: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...fid/index.html
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I got a couple of RFID luggage cards from TK a while back (I think they sent some to E/E+ members) and have had it in my bags since.

Got a few middle-of-the-night SMS messages while I was at a hotel near IST and my bags were bouncing around the airport baggage system. This happened a few times this year and while it’s completely useless in this scenario, at least it shows the tech kind of works.

The one time I’m suspecting the tag may have helped was a brutally tight connection last month (near MCT already, then first flight was late, then go-around and buses) and I really couldn’t believe it when my bag was among the first on the belt at the final destination...with the normal baggage tag missing/torn off!
MaxVO likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I got an email on this subject today -- seems like a good idea. It appears that the card will only be useful on TK flights, and there's a one time cost of 1994 miles to order one.
Details available at this link: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...fid/index.html
I have been trying to get hold of one of these but couldn’t find it on the Shop&Miles site for the UK so when I also got the email it prompted me to contact the TK Twitter team to find out how to get one.

The attached reply informed me it can only be sent to a Turkish address or purchased from the Shop&Miles shop in Kavacik in Istanbul.

Last edited by CoweyB; Nov 4, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by CoweyB
The attached reply informed me it can only be sent to a Turkish address or purchased from the Shop&Miles shop in Kavacik
CoweyB, send me a PM, maybe I can help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.