FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   New Year 'Special Gift' - Possble Fraud email? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1817429-new-year-special-gift-possble-fraud-email.html)

yulred Jan 24, 2017 6:23 am

New Year 'Special Gift' - Possble Fraud email?

Just recieved a weird email from M&S.

"We have prepared a special gift for you, just like we do every year. But this time, it is a surprise! We kindly ask you to check your address and update it if necessary, through the link below so that we can deliver your gift easily."

Never recieved a New Year gift before. Anyone else receive this/know what this is about?

Lefly Jan 24, 2017 6:56 am

Yes, received.
The address is the same of notification of accrual and statement summaries.
My "IT expert" is looking into it :p

ETA
Theoretically the mail is from TK. What is for, still unclear.

yulred Jan 24, 2017 7:20 am

Good to know. Seems FF programs are being targeted by hackers these days - AI got hit recently.

If it is legit, I wonder what I've missed out on over the past few years.

lonelycrowd Jan 24, 2017 8:13 am

I also thought it was pretty bizarre and curious, especially as TK hasn't even bothered to mail my membership card to the address they have on file - much less send holiday gifts in the past...

Perhaps they found a pile of Batman vs Superman trinkets in their office that nobody else wanted?

toastedcafe Jan 24, 2017 8:42 am

Also got the email... didn't click on the link.. Anyone has dared ?

nilsrtw Jan 24, 2017 9:33 am

I did :D Got a landing page saying "Your transaction has been completed succsessfully.". I am not an IT guy, but the URL looked legit and I didn't need to enter my password or anything.

Lefly Jan 24, 2017 9:52 am

Originally Posted by nilsrtw (Post 27810491)
I did :D Got a landing page saying "Your transaction has been completed succsessfully.". I am not an IT guy, but the URL looked legit and I didn't need to enter my password or anything.

I did too (also to test the web address, that seems legit).
Still no clue what this "gift" should be...

thogui1909 Jan 24, 2017 9:52 am

I cliecked to update my address... Was redirected on the TK Miles and Smiles official page to login. The address was the current one and I updated it.
No weird things in that ...
Wait and see

theswisswolf Jan 24, 2017 10:15 am

Well, it's a bit strange that they have my old address in the email yet my new address is on file when I log in......could be a dodgy email.

safra1 Jan 24, 2017 10:48 am

I got this too. Has anyone received a "special gift" from TK in prior years?

nilsrtw Jan 24, 2017 10:57 am

I think Elite+ based in Turkey get some kind of gift every year, a writing kit, notebook, etc.
So knowing TK it might just be an IT error

yoflieger Jan 24, 2017 11:28 am

I wrote to TK service and their reply goes " HI, yes that is true. (saying that the email was sending from TK official) Hope you will like it :) "
So hope it was not hackers who replied :D

vincewy Jan 24, 2017 7:47 pm

So if I click would my account get hacked with XXXK miles taken out or my PC get infected with virus and malware? Just kidding, seems legit with thy.com and without any phishing attempts.

Gnopps Jan 24, 2017 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by safra1 (Post 27810870)
I got this too. Has anyone received a "special gift" from TK in prior years?

Haha TK is starting to present "alternate facts"... No gift received but they're changing the past as in 1984:

We have prepared a special gift for you, just like we do every year. But this time, it is a surprise

siberslava Jan 24, 2017 10:46 pm

Being E+ based in Turkey I get this email every year so they can mail out their gift (which as stated earlier is usually a notebook). Nothing strange here other than the fact it might have gone out to everyone across the globe now? If so, probably is a bunch of Samsung Note 7 Batman vs Superman covers they need to get rid of knowing TK marketing :)