Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Cargo Flight Crash

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Turkish Cargo Flight Crash

A TK cargo flight has crashed in Kyrgyzstan killing 4 crew and dozens of people on the ground.

https://www.rt.com/news/373782-cargo...-crash-killed/
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Boeing tweeted about this a few hours ago. I forgot to look into it further. Sad. RIP
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
A more neutral source than RT: http://avherald.com/h?article=4a38d07d&opt=0
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Every source is more neutral than Putin TV (RT)

Aircraft was not a TK one, rather a company called My Cargo (9T), Turkish registered aircraft but the company is half Chinese owned. Think it was mis reported that this was a TK aircraft.

Sad loss of life all the same.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
My dad flew in a few hours before the crash, and said weather was pretty bad. When I flew in a few weeks ago in similar weather, the runways weren't very well cleared of snow. I can see how a crash could happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.