Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sleeping rooms in the IST lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Lewis42
out of curiosity, do TK offer any discount for the E-visa for Elite+ members travelling in J? I don't see anything anywhere but it's worth a shot if I can save $20!
I don't think TK has anything to do with issuing visas. The $20 is what is charged by the Border Agency or whoever issues the visas.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Access on Y tickets clarification

I'm a bit confused. I'm on a Y ticket with Star Alliance Gold. My layover is 9h15, so too short for the free hotel (10h+) but too long apparently for the sleeping room. That seems bonus. I'm guessing the 4-7 hour access rule is for C pax since for them the free hotel kicks in at 7h+. Can anyone clarify the rules for people on a Y ticket?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Karter
I'm a bit confused. I'm on a Y ticket with Star Alliance Gold. My layover is 9h15, so too short for the free hotel (10h+) but too long apparently for the sleeping room. That seems bonus. I'm guessing the 4-7 hour access rule is for C pax since for them the free hotel kicks in at 7h+. Can anyone clarify the rules for people on a Y ticket?
For Y ticket,the rule is simple: You have to be TK E+ to get the room, 4-7 hrs access rule remains the same.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I've made all sorts of long connections through Istanbul, in every class. I'm the proud owner of an E+ card. I've never once managed to get a sleeping room.

I was beginning to believe they were a figment of a marketing man's imagination.
starflyergold likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've made all sorts of long connections through Istanbul, in every class. I'm the proud owner of an E+ card. I've never once managed to get a sleeping room.

I was beginning to believe they were a figment of a marketing man's imagination.
I managed a few times.
What was the reason you were declined?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by flyerby

I managed a few times.
What was the reason you were declined?
No space - simple as that. Guess I've been unlucky or arrived at awkward times: I now look forward to a string of stays to even things out ...
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum

Same here, my connections always turn out too short or too long.
​​​​
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:13 am

Same here, I once was declined for having a connection that was 7:30 long. They suggested the hotel thing, but with clearing passport control and the need to be back at the airport early enough to clear security etc, if my connection really is 7:30 long then maybe I'd get 4 hours max to sleep at the hotel? This policy is ridiculous, it needs to be looked at.

The sofas by the piano is nice, it doesn't get lots of food traffic so it's also quiet.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:09 pm

Well, that's that then! Thanks for the information.
at which counter i have to go?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Jaenks
For Y ticket,the rule is simple: You have to be TK E+ to get the room, 4-7 hrs access rule remains the same.
On top of that the connection is counted from the first available connecting flight - so if you made your layover more than 7 hrs but there's a connecting flight less than that, you won't be able to get a room either. The sleeping room rules are very similar to the free hotel rules.

However for Tour Istanbul they don't care about that.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:16 pm

I usually fly US west coast to EU and have only come across a single connection that would have worked. From where I’m looking, connections qualifying for the private room are extremely rare beasts.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Finally got to experience one of the sleeping rooms - even it it was only for 5 minutes. Was downstairs at 12:50pm and asked to use a shower room to get changed. They said no as the showers downstairs closed at 1am, but then offered me one of the sleeping rooms (or to go upstairs to the showers).

gr8pirate likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have a 5 hour connection VIE-IST-MLE, but none is longer than 8 hours so looks like a no go for me. If I stay awake in the lounge, is the self-serve bar still open? What about food buffets? I know it wont be the full experience (Ive been there too many times to even care), but I will want something to eat between 1130pm arrive and 4am takeoff. I have slept many years ago in the theatre, which was a futile effort to say the best.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I have a 5 hour connection VIE-IST-MLE, but none is longer than 8 hours so looks like a no go for me. If I stay awake in the lounge, is the self-serve bar still open? What about food buffets? I know it wont be the full experience (Ive been there too many times to even care), but I will want something to eat between 1130pm arrive and 4am takeoff. I have slept many years ago in the theatre, which was a futile effort to say the best.
I’d go and ask, given how rare those connections seem to be.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Food services completely stops at around 12.00. The staff starts clearing stuff off at around 11pm, and they will gradually taking stuff away, including nuts and olives. Drinks will be there (no idea about strong alcoholic drinks).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.