Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sleeping rooms in the IST lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nacho
Food services completely stops at around 12.00. The staff starts clearing stuff off at around 11pm, and they will gradually taking stuff away, including nuts and olives. Drinks will be there (no idea about strong alcoholic drinks).
That's crazy that they take away all the food...is there not even a station with salads or snacks? Is there at least wine overnight?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
That's crazy that they take away all the food...is there not even a station with salads or snacks? Is there at least wine overnight?
As I said, I have no idea whether they take away the strong alcohol at night, but olives, nuts, cakes, even homemade lemonade are all gone by midnight. If you are lucky you may find some kinder chocolate at the kids area. My flight usually gets in at IST at 10:30pm, I rush to the lounge, grab all the food I'm going to eat at once because I know they will stop serving food at around 11:30pm or so. Learned the lesson once and was shocked by it too, so I won't consider picking flights that have late arrival past 10:30 at IST.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:50 am

So I have a 9 hour layover at IST. Travelling in J but that’s over the 7 hour threshold for day rooms. I’m also on one of the “forced” longer layovers (could have, and would have taken a later CDG-IST flight but there was no award space) so as I understand it I don’t get access to the transit hotel either. Does this mean that we basically have nowhere to rest up for a few hours besides in the lounge itself?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyer05
So I have a 9 hour layover at IST. Travelling in J but that’s over the 7 hour threshold for day rooms. I’m also on one of the “forced” longer layovers (could have, and would have taken a later CDG-IST flight but there was no award space) so as I understand it I don’t get access to the transit hotel either. Does this mean that we basically have nowhere to rest up for a few hours besides in the lounge itself?
9 hours day or overnight?

You won't get a sleeping room - they are strict on the 7 hour limit. You can try asking for a hotel room - you've got nothing to lose, and they do occasionally given out hotels even when not needed, although technically the fact there were no seats available is NOT a valid reason.

Worst case, if it's an overnight stay then there's no shortage of cheap hotels near the airport (some with shuttles), or if it's a day stay you can leave your luggage in the lounge and head into the city - either on their city tour or just on your own.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:27 pm

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by EK788
The day rooms are only available for J pax or Elite + members for layovers between 4 to 7 hours. They're pretty strict on that.
Is this according to official arrival and departure time? If your flight is arriving late and when you show up at the lounge it is less than 7hrs, from next flight's departure will you qualify for the sleeping room?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Atuchan
Is this according to official arrival and departure time? If your flight is arriving late and when you show up at the lounge it is less than 7hrs, from next flight's departure will you qualify for the sleeping room?
According to official arrival and departure time. One more thing I didn't add is that at least one of the flights needs to be a long haul flight (8+ hrs) according to the dragons at the desk. I've been flying TK 2 to 3 times a month for over 6 years now and have not yet flown a compatible pair of routes that allows me to use these rooms.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: *G
SGN-IST-VIE put us in the sleeping room. Connex was 4h05m

We've also "slept" overnight just in the lounge itself. When wife was infuriated at my causing us to miss our flights, and didn't want to leave the airport risking next mornings rebooking.

It gets quiet overnight, although there were a few other sleepers as well. Beats the makeshift camps littered around the terminal.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:55 am
jtz

If I go ahead with the booking I'm looking at I land in IST at 5 am and leave at 11:50am, connection of 6 hours and 50 minutes and the flight before this is 8 hours long, will there be food available at this time? And whats my chances of getting a sleeping room for 2 people?
Thanks
Old May 30, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
jtz, sleeping room info is here on the wiki:
TK in IST: Thread #3 - Transit and Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms

I don’t think there are double sleeping rooms and faintly remember an earlier post from Atatürk where someone wasn’t allowed to share a room w someone else, but if both of you qualify, I don’t see why you couldn’t have two rooms.

and don’t worry about food!

Last edited by gr8pirate; May 30, 2019 at 6:23 pm
Old May 31, 2019, 7:04 am
jtz

Thanks will have a look on that thread, hoping to get a room for a couple hours sleep, breakfast, explore the city a little bit and be back for the 16:35 flight next (chose the later flight to make room for time to nap/eat and explore!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.