Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Anyone has got a status match from Star Alliance Gold recently?

I am ANA Platinum and will be flying home using Turkish this xmas, good timing to get a status match and get upgraded to business...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by sodaisei
Anyone has got a status match from Star Alliance Gold recently?

I am ANA Platinum and will be flying home using Turkish this xmas, good timing to get a status match and get upgraded to business...
Why do you think you will be upgraded to business class with TK Gold?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by godsquare
Why do you think you will be upgraded to business class with TK Gold?
I guessed I will have more chances than rather being Star Alliance Gold
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by sodaisei
I guessed I will have more chances than rather being Star Alliance Gold
Hate to break it to you but the chance of getting upgrade is close to zero even with TK status.
Innocent Abroad likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
:-:Hmmm.., I completed the status match and got around 17k status miles on TK this year and my status has been extended for another year.
But now it says that I need 25k miles in this year to extend it for another 2 years...

I thought it would be 17k (in the first year)+20,5k in the second year to have a total of 37,5k at the end of the second year..

Can someone tell me if this is correct?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: Star Gold
Hate to break it to you but the chance of getting upgrade is close to zero even with TK status.
Zero(not close to zero)
Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by belize 1
Zero(not close to zero)
I would say close to Zero, not zero,. I have been upgraded once and have seen it happen to others as well (but very very rare).
(I lived in Turkey for 7 years so used to fly TK a lot, and still do but a lot less)
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by Mict
I would say close to Zero, not zero,. I have been upgraded once and have seen it happen to others as well (but very very rare).
(I lived in Turkey for 7 years so used to fly TK a lot, and still do but a lot less)
Same here. Didn't take a lot of TK flights but been upgraded on board once last year on TPE-IST flight as a TK Elite when it was oversold in Y.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by cchuang1980
Same here. Didn't take a lot of TK flights but been upgraded on board once last year on TPE-IST flight as a TK Elite when it was oversold in Y.
This is what I meant. At least my options will grow from zero to close to zero.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: AY Plat, AA ExP, NH Gold, AMEX PLAT
"15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years. "
I hear read so many conflicting threads about once you have reached the 15k for the next year extension.
I did the one international flight so I have until the end of December to get another 13k for this. I'm OW past 3 years and my question is that fares of course vary with amount of status miles you will receive. If I flew a LH TK flight on a cheap econ ticket, as a TK Gold now, I would only receive 25%-50% status miles and therefore I would not qualify or would I need to get a 100% status miles biz class ticket to get those additional 13k needed for gold 2018? Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL JGC, TK Silver, AF/AZ/KQ Elite Plus, IHG DM Amb, Accor Plat Plus, HH Gold, WY DM
It seems that when the first year of status match is ended, TK clear the status mile in first year, and we have to get another 25K to extend two more years. Is this something new or is that what it is used to be?

Anyway, I got 20.5 K status miles in the 1st year, and I have an upcoming booking that would earn me another 20K. That simply means in 2 years, I have 40.5 K status miles and I don't get 2 more year of gold membership. Sounds quite uneasy to me.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by belize 1
Zero(not close to zero)
Me and and 2 other people in the same booking got op-upped to C on IST-HEL so I wouldn't say it's zero...
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: AY Plat, AA ExP, NH Gold, AMEX PLAT
I did the status match and need only 15k for 2018 status.
2k flown and need to fly 13k more - my question is that they look at the fare and calculate status miles which of course would be a lot less on longhaul flights if you fly in economy class due to that fare being only 25% or 50% status miles, therefore best to do one longhaul TK biz flight to make the additional 13k? It's not very clear in the letter they sent. Cheers

Originally Posted by DavidKN
It seems that when the first year of status match is ended, TK clear the status mile in first year, and we have to get another 25K to extend two more years. Is this something new or is that what it is used to be?

Anyway, I got 20.5 K status miles in the 1st year, and I have an upcoming booking that would earn me another 20K. That simply means in 2 years, I have 40.5 K status miles and I don't get 2 more year of gold membership. Sounds quite uneasy to me.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL JGC, TK Silver, AF/AZ/KQ Elite Plus, IHG DM Amb, Accor Plat Plus, HH Gold, WY DM
Originally Posted by altitude75k
I did the status match and need only 15k for 2018 status.
2k flown and need to fly 13k more - my question is that they look at the fare and calculate status miles which of course would be a lot less on longhaul flights if you fly in economy class due to that fare being only 25% or 50% status miles, therefore best to do one longhaul TK biz flight to make the additional 13k? It's not very clear in the letter they sent. Cheers
Sure, TK biz is the easy and comfortable pick. You can get 160% of the status mile flown as an Elite member. I got an ICN-IST-TXL on TK J at 1300 USD last year. They have really good price some time from Scandinavia/Russia to Asia as well.
altitude75k likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:07 am

so with this challenge, all qualifying flights must be on turkish metal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.