TK status match (2017 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 19, 20, 12:57 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: CoweyB
Wiki Link
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold.

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 27, 20, 4:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue
I have a small question about the timing to do the status match. Currently have SkyTeam Elite Plus (AF/KLM GB Gold).

I am thinking of doing AMS-IST-PTY and back in J in October. I imagine this would count towards the one TK flight to extend to one year, and the 15,000 TK miles to extend to two years? What would be the best time/month to ask for the status match?
Old Feb 27, 20, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by AHC96 View Post
I have a small question about the timing to do the status match. Currently have SkyTeam Elite Plus (AF/KLM GB Gold).

I am thinking of doing AMS-IST-PTY and back in J in October. I imagine this would count towards the one TK flight to extend to one year, and the 15,000 TK miles to extend to two years? What would be the best time/month to ask for the status match?
Correct me if I'm wrong but the 15K miles need to be had in the next 12 months ? so you can do your match now.
Old Feb 27, 20, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards

Originally Posted by Jolikiwi1980 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but the 15K miles need to be had in the next 12 months ? so you can do your match now.
If the OP does the match now, he would be downgraded to Classic Plus in 4 months as he should take an international Turkish Airlines flight within 4 months after his match has been granted.
The best time to do the match, for the case above, would be September 2020, as if you do the match earlier, your Elite period would end earlier, if you can't make the 15k miles. Plus, a reminder that your first TK flight, in your case, AMS-IST won't count for the 15k miles as it counts as the "One TK international flight within 4 months" requirement.
Old Feb 29, 20, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
If the OP does the match now, he would be downgraded to Classic Plus in 4 months as he should take an international Turkish Airlines flight within 4 months after his match has been granted.
The best time to do the match, for the case above, would be September 2020, as if you do the match earlier, your Elite period would end earlier, if you can't make the 15k miles. Plus, a reminder that your first TK flight, in your case, AMS-IST won't count for the 15k miles as it counts as the "One TK international flight within 4 months" requirement.
Thanks for the info! I'll carry on looking at it. However, I fear that IST-PTY-IST-AMS will not be enough for the 15k miles for the 2 years Elite. I can't seem to find anywhere on their website how to calculate status miles earned on a flight.
Old Feb 29, 20, 6:22 am

Thanks for the info! I'll carry on looking at it. However, I fear that IST-PTY-IST-AMS will not be enough for the 15k miles for the 2 years Elite. I can't seem to find anywhere on their website how to calculate status miles earned on a flight.
it will depend on your booking class. Usually, the cheapest booking class in economy that yields 100% of miles flown is Q.
Old Feb 29, 20, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by max_kolesne View Post
it will depend on your booking class. Usually, the cheapest booking class in economy that yields 100% of miles flown is Q.
Booking class shows as J and on TK's website it show's as 160% miles on Elite card. But are those rewards miles or status miles? WebFlyer says the entire trip is 14,830 miles at 100%, so I would be short. If it's 160% status miles then I'm alright. Wouldn't like to commit to it and then find out I'm 170 miles off and need to do an unnecessary trip to Turkey to get the miles.
Old Feb 29, 20, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Once you choose your flights, click on Fare Rules to be told how many miles you will earn.

This will actually be wrong though. Once you are Elite - even during a challenge - you will receive 160% of miles flown in J. IST-PTY-IST would easily get you there....
Old Feb 29, 20, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
%160 is both status and bonus miles. Unless stated or unless there is a mileage multiplier promo, when crediting to Turkish Miles&Smiles, you would get the same amount of bonus and status miles on TK, AJet, Azul and *A flights
Old Mar 26, 20, 1:39 pm

Programs: FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G)
A non Corona related question...

If you get 80.000 miles in the two years of the status match are you upgraded from elite to elite plus? Or is it only if you get them in the first year?

The reason for me asking is because the counter for elite plus upgrade in my profile keept going after the first year, and I will get over 80.000 miles (if the corona situation hopefully soon stabilises).
Old Mar 26, 20, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GR15 View Post
A non Corona related question...

If you get 80.000 miles in the two years of the status match are you upgraded from elite to elite plus? Or is it only if you get them in the first year?

The reason for me asking is because the counter for elite plus upgrade in my profile keept going after the first year, and I will get over 80.000 miles (if the corona situation hopefully soon stabilises).
80k within any 12-month period. The date of starting your status match is irrelevant.
GR15 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: