TK status match (2017 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 22, 20, 6:04 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Jaenks
Wiki Link
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 27, 19, 6:53 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by HASHAH88 View Post
Hi-

I have AA Gold and sent it into match. And, got the following response:
Thank you for your interest in Miles&Smiles, the frequent flyer program which offers a whole world of benefits.

However, the level of your frequent flyer program membership is not equivalent to required level (One World Emerald required). As such, weíre unable to fulfill your request to match your membership status to Elite.

Your membership status in another frequent flyer program must be equivalent to at least Miles&Smiles Elite status to be matched.

Thoughts?
Isnít AA Gold equal to OWE?
Send a reply to them stating that AA Gold is already OneWorld Emerald.
Old Dec 27, 19, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Isnít AA Gold equal to OWE?
Send a reply to them stating that AA Gold is already OneWorld Emerald.
AA Gold = One World Ruby
Old Dec 27, 19, 7:49 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by HASHAH88 View Post
AA Gold = One World Ruby
My bad, I mixed up statusí between airlines.
Presumably, you are expecting a match to Classic Plus but TK does not do that.
Old Jan 7, 20, 7:08 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but wasn't able to find anything.

I've requested a status match with Turkish M&S from Flying Blue and as such, need to fly 15k miles with TK this year to extend it. I got my hands on some really good *A J flights this year but none of them with Turkish. So these miles wouldn't count towards extending my Elite status. Would it work for me to create another Turkish M&S account where I credit these J flights and get Elite status without the restrictions from my Status match?
Old Jan 7, 20, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan View Post
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but wasn't able to find anything.

I've requested a status match with Turkish M&S from Flying Blue and as such, need to fly 15k miles with TK this year to extend it. I got my hands on some really good *A J flights this year but none of them with Turkish. So these miles wouldn't count towards extending my Elite status. Would it work for me to create another Turkish M&S account where I credit these J flights and get Elite status without the restrictions from my Status match?
They might cancel duplicate accounts however, those *A flights would count towards obtaining Elite Plus status. By the way, if you don't meet the 15k TK miles requirement in 8 months after you have been dropped to Classic Plus, you should be able to see those miles towards your Elite status until 365 days after the flight.
Old Jan 8, 20, 12:35 am

They might cancel duplicate accounts however, those *A flights would count towards obtaining Elite Plus status. By the way, if you don't meet the 15k TK miles requirement in 8 months after you have been dropped to Classic Plus, you should be able to see those miles towards your Elite status until 365 days after the flight.
Let me see I understood this as it's a bit convoluted. I will credit for ex 30k miles to TK but they won't count for my Elite status extension. I will get downgraded, these miles will then count and I will get upgraded to Elite status again right away?
Old Jan 8, 20, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan View Post
Let me see I understood this as it's a bit convoluted. I will credit for ex 30k miles to TK but they won't count for my Elite status extension. I will get downgraded, these miles will then count and I will get upgraded to Elite status again right away?
Yes, you are correct in your statement.
Old Jan 8, 20, 4:34 am

This almost seems to good to be true. I would get to use my Elite status for most of the year and then would get upgraded for another 2 years since I will reach 40k with Star Alliance flights. Thank you!
Old Jan 10, 20, 2:26 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Miles & Smiles Elite
Hi folks,

This morning I found out that I was downgraded to Classic Plus from Elite even though I have met the 15k status miles requirement as per the status challenge. I was shocked because I made sure to accumulate 15k status miles with TK and worked really hard for that. Has anybody experienced this before and had it resolved? The TK app currently shows the following:

To protect Classic Plus, you need 15450 miles

To upgrade to Elite, you need 19527 miles.

Appreciate your help!
Old Jan 10, 20, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by A380 9K View Post
Hi folks,

This morning I found out that I was downgraded to Classic Plus from Elite even though I have met the 15k status miles requirement as per the status challenge. I was shocked because I made sure to accumulate 15k status miles with TK and worked really hard for that. Has anybody experienced this before and had it resolved?

Appreciate your help!
Status match on TK could a bit complicated so I would ask several questions in order to figure out if it's a glitch or not.

Dates are imaginary, assuming that your status match request was approved on 1 Jan 19 )
-Have you have flown 1 international flight between ( 1 Jan - 30 Apr )
-Have you have flown 15000 miles with TK between ( 1 May - 31 Dec )

If answers to both questions are yes, you are downgraded by mistake.
Also, a note that, unlike USA based FFPs, the fare bucket is also important in terms of status miles when booking tickets, eg. if you bought a discount ticket you would get 25% of the miles rather than 100%.

If you have benefitted from a mileage multiplier campaign, please also indicate that so we could check the T&C of that promo as well.
Old Jan 10, 20, 2:43 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Miles & Smiles Elite
Thanks for the prompt reply!

If I understand you correctly, the miles accumulated from the first international flight don't count against the 15k miles requirement. Is that correct? I guess this explains why I didn't get the one year extension because I accumulated less than 15k miles after flying my first international flight with them. I was short by like 45 miles lol.
Old Jan 10, 20, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by A380 9K View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply!

If I understand you correctly, the miles accumulated from the first international flight don't count against the 15k miles requirement. Is that correct? I guess this explains why I didn't get the one year extension because I accumulated less than 15k miles after flying my first international flight with them. I was short by like 45 miles lol.
Yes, the first international flight does not count for the 15k requirement.
Unfortunately, you were downgraded to Classic Plus because of missing 45 miles.
Old Jan 10, 20, 2:48 am

Yes, the first international flight does not count for the 15k requirement.
Unfortunately, you were downgraded to Classic Plus because of missing 45 miles.
Thanks again! I guess I will have to fly more with TK this year to qualify for Elite and enjoy it for two more years. I only need 19k miles which could be achieved in one long haul flight in C.
Old Jan 11, 20, 2:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AF/KL FB Gold (E+) TK Elite (*G) QR Gold (OW Sapphire) IHG Platinum, B&W Diamont, Ascott Gold
Does anybody know if the current x2 & x3 status miles promotion is eligible with status match?

After reading the status miles promotion rules, I'm not really sure what to think. It states that it is not combinable with other TK promotions, but is status match an promotion?

I am on my first year of the status match and need 15.000 miles to get me over the threshold.

Last edited by flyertalker00973; Jan 11, 20 at 3:07 am
Old Jan 11, 20, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by GR15 View Post
Does anybody know if the current x2 & x3 status miles promotion is eligible with status match?

After reading the status miles promotion rules, I'm not really sure what to think. It states that it is not combinable with other TK promotions, but is status match an promotion?

I am on my first year of the status match and need 15.000 miles to get me over the threshold.
Probably not as the promotional extra miles are credited separately without a flight number. The 15k mile requirement would require TK flights only so the system won't understand that the bonus miles are obtained through a TK flight. However, the base miles would count towards your 15k requirement.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: