Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: SU, TK, LA
re

Originally Posted by ricardojrsousa
Hello.

I understand this has been discussed earlier but to be completely honest I am not 100% clear on what my requirements are.

I status matched successfully from FB in December 2017. I've flown the international TK flight and got status until December 2018. I am now at 32047 miles since the start of the year (or not ... See last question). The Turkish airlines app shows I need 5453 miles to protect elite status.
Based on the "deal" of status match you should have secured your status.

This is not automated in the software. I assume you also had to request gold elite status extension for one year after having made your first international flight on TK? The same is with having flown over 15k status miles on TK in the status match route. So you have to contact them. A word of caution: rumors are that TK is not always holding their part of the bargain.
Should you fly another 5k you have achieved gold elite status/status extension by the regular route. Even 5k status miles credited into TK from anoter *A airline would get you over this threshold. This is how it worked for me. Status Match, one TK international flight in three months. I only flew 10k status with TK but 50k status with *A in one year, hence I achieved status during this year in the regular route on not on the 15k status on TK as they requested.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Are there any suggestions for the easiest/cheapest way to achieve the 15K miles for the one year extension?

Based in LON, but happy to fly from any ex-EU outpost.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Vgravity
Are there any suggestions for the easiest/cheapest way to achieve the 15K miles for the one year extension?

Based in LON, but happy to fly from any ex-EU outpost.
Look at anything on Ethiopian Airlines. Still yet to come across an ET economy fare that doesnt credit 100% to M&S
EDIT: Just realised you need this on TK metal?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
LAX-IST-MIA RT is a hair over 15k miles in economy (semi flexible should give you 100% miles), but there may be cheaper options to other destinations.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Goaguy
Look at anything on Ethiopian Airlines. Still yet to come across an ET economy fare that doesnt credit 100% to M&S
EDIT: Just realised you need this on TK metal?
Yes, I'm afraid so.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Good morning my Turkish friends..

I took the status match last year - qualified the first 4 months with that IST flight to get one year. BUT because that 4 months qualifying date was somehow not exactly 4 months I screwed up when I booked my 15K deal.
now my return flight from BKK is the 13th of Oct.. my year ending the 12th.

as with BA you can ask to get an extension.. I sent a nice question to TK.. they just replied with a standard you will get downgraded.

does anyone know how I can get this ONE day so that I requalify for the second year?...
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:06 am

With TK, I am afraid you can't. Although I would not be surprised if your status is extended (because of TK's messy system).
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just a mini-update:

After my status match, I actually flew 4 segments on Ethiopian Air. I finally flew my first Turkish Airlines flight during the match period. It's in business, and I got the 50% bonus. I'm now curious to see if I'll also get 50% bonus on part 2 of this one-way ticket with a long, one month IST layover (ticket is CAI-IST-JFK).
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by godsquare
With TK, I am afraid you can't. Although I would not be surprised if your status is extended (because of TK's messy system).
so for the interested followers here are the results..

I asked three different TK agents about just giving me ONE extra day so my flight on the 13th would be credited within my last year ending the 12th.. I always got the same stereotype answer:
your year ends on the 12th..
bummer... was getting ready to loose my TK*G -
now is the 16th... and I still have ALL my status Miles and my TK*G is extended to 31st of October 2019.

So it looks like actually the TK year doesnt end on the DAY one starts but with the end of that month.

Thank you TK... and I really enjoyed my 700 euro return flight to BKK in C for that as well... Will stay with you.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Hi all,

It's more than a month since my international flight(s) with TK and the appropriate status miles are long showing in the system... yet my year end is still not updated.

Any of you recently did the challenge? Any hiccups in extending the status?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Hi all,

It's more than a month since my international flight(s) with TK and the appropriate status miles are long showing in the system... yet my year end is still not updated.

Any of you recently did the challenge? Any hiccups in extending the status?
I had to open a complain, too for the first extension after 6months... they were nice and easily extended to 1 year.
2nd year came automatically
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: SAS GOLD, TK GOLD, HH Gold, MB Plat Elite
I have enrolled into status match in October 2017 and in the right time acquired 40.000 status miles, but even though my app showed me that I have protected my Elite status today I was downgraded to Classic plus.
Can someone recommend me what to do in this situation?
I have already filed a feedback on TK website, but I dont believe them...

Last edited by levanos; Oct 24, 2018 at 5:01 am Reason: missing
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Hi,

Just want to confirm that it is the case that after flying the required 1 international flight during the 4 month trial period that I need to request the extension for 12 months as it is not done automatically?

Thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
I did do a request through feedback form, but never got email confirmation, so I don't know if it went through in fact.

Nevertheless now I have status until June.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Hi,

Just want to confirm that it is the case that after flying the required 1 international flight during the 4 month trial period that I need to request the extension for 12 months as it is not done automatically?

Thanks.
I flew the required 1 intl flight (after a week of getting matched), the extension from 4 to 12 months I received automatically after the 4 months.
​​​

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.