Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jaenks
Update January 2020:

According to statusmatcher.com TK will only issue the the status match challenge to those holders of the following status:

Oneworld Emerald
Finnair Plus Gold (Oneworld Sapphire)
Skyteam Elite Plus
Emirates Gold/Platinum
Etihad Gold
Oman Air Gold

Other Gold Card holders including *G are out of luck.

Please report your experience in this thread and note the useful information in the Wiki below.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (note list of matchable status above)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/11/2017 - CoweyB. TK has clarified that once a status match is given any miles collected during the first year of the match do not count for renewal - despite the email suggesting that 25,000 miles collected in the first year will secure renewal. TK has said that it is necessary to collect 37,500 in the second year to maintain Elite status for a further two years once the period of the status match ends.
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Cool Gotten through the challenge...

I am about to leave shortly to go to SGN on my way home to LGW via IST and as a result of the flights I will have secured enough status points to pass 37,500. I will have gotten through the challenge and secured a further two years at Elite level.

Hopefully...

It has been a mad journey of having to remind TK of what they promised when each of the milestones were reached - and nothing happened (i.e. extending status for one year after the initial flight and for a further year when I reached 15K) and then there was the bizarre downgrade to Classic Plus that affected many of us, not to mention being reinstated to Elite with a card with no expiry date!

So I'm probably tempting fate to assume that it will all go smoothly... but I will report back after my points get posted to let you know if my status has been renewed automatically - or not!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CoweyB
I am about to leave shortly to go to SGN on my way home to LGW via IST and as a result of the flights I will have secured enough status points to pass 37,500. I will have gotten through the challenge and secured a further two years at Elite level.

Hopefully...

It has been a mad journey of having to remind TK of what they promised when each of the milestones were reached - and nothing happened (i.e. extending status for one year after the initial flight and for a further year when I reached 15K) and then there was the bizarre downgrade to Classic Plus that affected many of us, not to mention being reinstated to Elite with a card with no expiry date!

So I'm probably tempting fate to assume that it will all go smoothly... but I will report back after my points get posted to let you know if my status has been renewed automatically - or not!
Will you pass 37.5k miles in the 2 years or just the second year?

Because I just passed 37.5k in 2 years and nothing happened...
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Mict
Will you pass 37.5k miles in the 2 years or just the second year?

Because I just passed 37.5k in 2 years and nothing happened...
it will be in the second year - not over two years. As I posted earlier in this thread, I got confirmation from TK that status points earned the first year of the challenge don’t count for renewal - only second year status points do so the 37.5K all need to be earned in the second year.

In fact the total after tonight/tomorrow’s flight will be just over 40K so there should be no question at all.

Of course absolutely none of this was spelt out when they offered me the challenge in the first place...
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold), Le Club Accorhotels Gold
In my account the situation looks very different from your accounts.

In June 2017, after a year, I got a downgrade to Classic Plus (I had over 25,000 status miles, but only 7,000 TK status miles). I had the old conditions (15,000 status miles in the first year).
After many messages to Turkish, I got re-upgraded to the * A Gold card. But I do not need to get 37,500 miles miles in the second year. They counted me all the miles.

Finally, by June I still have less than 10,000 status miles.

I am writing about my case, because everyone seems to treat each other individually.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tomwro

But I do not need to get 37,500 miles miles in the second year. They counted me all the miles.

Finally, by June I still have less than 10,000 status miles.
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. When does your Elite expire? June 2018 (i.e. a one-year extension) or June 2020 (i.e. your 25K status miles counted as a standard Elite re-qualification).

If you have less than 10,000 status miles your Elite status won't last long.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:00 am

I am through the challenge.!

Mission accomplished. I also checked on old site which showed the comforting “zero” in card renewal box and it also said I didn’t need to buy status miles when I clicked there as well.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
So, I began to wrestle with TK since back in the day when my status match was approved the requirement was 15K on *A and not exclusively on TK as they later changed the rules.

Wish me luck
Same here, but I earned my 15k on TK metal within the trial! Was just downgraded to classic, wife (same status match, same flights) got upgraded until the end of 2018 lol.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I am through the challenge.!

Mission accomplished. I also checked on old site which showed the comforting “zero” in card renewal box and it also said I didn’t need to buy status miles when I clicked there as well.
Congratulations!

Now the question is whether you want to push for another 40K to get Elite Plus. With the soft landing to Elite that's another two years of *A Gold, plus four free J upgrades.

Alternatively you are simply waiting for your next cycle and doing 25K to renew Elite. Depends on how much organic travel you have and how much you need to "travel hack" these requirements with quasi mileage runs.
CoweyB likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Congratulations!

Now the question is whether you want to push for another 40K to get Elite Plus. With the soft landing to Elite that's another two years of *A Gold, plus four free J upgrades.

Alternatively you are simply waiting for your next cycle and doing 25K to renew Elite. Depends on how much organic travel you have and how much you need to "travel hack" these requirements with quasi mileage runs.
I think the latter option. A big trip to Asia in J next summer and two trips to IST might just get me to 25K next year
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Same here, but I earned my 15k on TK metal within the trial! Was just downgraded to classic, wife (same status match, same flights) got upgraded until the end of 2018 lol.
I am happy to report that after several assertive correspondences with TK they renewed my Elite for another year So at the end they understood that at the time of my status match 15K was required on any *A carrier and respected that.
CoweyB and craigthemif like this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:09 am

And a follow up question, which is indeed very basic:

I can't find anywhere any mention that in order to qualify for Elite / Elite + status (or re-qualify) there is a minimum segments / status miles to be taken on TK metal. Is that right?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:18 am

And a follow up question, which is indeed very basic:

I can't find anywhere any mention that in order to qualify for Elite / Elite + status (or re-qualify) there is a minimum segments / status miles to be taken on TK metal. Is that right?

My understanding is that they can be on any Star Alliance flight - it's just the challenge that has the fly on TK metal requirement.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:26 am

My understanding is that they can be on any Star Alliance flight - it's just the challenge that has the fly on TK metal requirement.
Thanks; but isn't it somewhat strange? One could have status with an airline without "ever" flying it?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:31 am

I am happy to report that after several assertive correspondences with TK they renewed my Elite for another year So at the end they understood that at the time of my status match 15K was required on any *A carrier and respected that.
Via the feedback system? How long did you take it back and fourth?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Via the feedback system? How long did you take it back and fourth?
Yes, via the feedback system; it took about three weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.