Turkish Airlines mileage calculator

Old Nov 24, 16, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
Turkish Airlines mileage calculator

Hi all,

Some of you may be familiar with my Star Alliance Mileage Calculator, which despite the name, has since its inception only supported Aegean Miles&Bonus. I'm pleased to say it now also has support for Turkish Miles&Smiles. Simply select Miles&Smiles from the programme list, then enter your airport codes, airline and fare basis, and you can calculate how many miles you should earn. The calculator will also alert you if you would be able to earn more miles by crediting to Aegean (or vice versa), and you can switch between programmes and it'll keep all your data present.

The data is all up-to-date as of today (based upon the documents on the Turkish web site) but if you spot anything you think is wrong, please let me know. A few airlines have funny little exceptions that apply only to certain routes, and while I've tried to cover them all, it's possible some may have been missed.

Hope this is useful!

Cheers,
Old Nov 24, 16, 2:19 pm

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
What a fantastic tool! Congratulations and thank you very much.

If you would allow me a minor correction should be made in IATA code of Avianca Brasil.

Their code is O6 and not O3.

Alex
Old Nov 25, 16, 1:19 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Well done!

LH P (earning squat) is missing.
Old Nov 25, 16, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlexMC View Post
Their code is O6 and not O3.
My mistake, not sure how I did that - now fixed.

Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
LH P (earning squat) is missing.
At the moment, fares that don't earn anything don't show up. It may be less confusing if I just display A-Z and allow any code to be picked, even if it doesn't earn, though.
Old Dec 10, 16, 3:52 pm

Programs: Ex SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Saphire, Hyatt Gold, SPG, MELIA Platinum
Hi,

I just checked it and found the following:
*Does fare basis mean booking class?
*As per TK earning tables J class earns 160% of miles not 135%.... so I am not sure about the final figure
* maybe you should put point instead of coma between numbers. Or just omit it! It is a little confusing.
Rest is ok, and looks fine! Congrats
Old Dec 10, 16, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo View Post
*Does fare basis mean booking class?
Yes.

As per TK earning tables J class earns 160% of miles not 135%.... so I am not sure about the final figure
That's only for status-holding members it seems; I think the calculator should handle that, but if not I'll add it in in the very near future.

maybe you should put point instead of coma between numbers. Or just omit it! It is a little confusing.
Sorry, I'm British so used British conventions here. I'll see if I can make it pick up the browser preference or similar.

Hope you have found it useful otherwise. Thanks for your feedback!
Old Mar 27, 18, 7:05 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Noticed that the SK rates for business are wrong, the calculator says 200% (double) but it is 150% for C, D and Z.
Old May 3, 18, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
Noticed that the SK rates for business are wrong, the calculator says 200% (double) but it is 150% for C, D and Z.
This should now be fixed (sorry for the delay!). I've also gone through and checked that all other earning rates are correct.
starflyergold likes this.
Old May 4, 18, 12:20 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Fantastic effort, @orudge! Was doing a dummy BOM-AMD to check, and it came out exactly like the one I calculated manually (from tables published on TK with fare class).

Quick question, you are rounding up, I presume? Ex: if it's 68.6, you are taking 69? Just curious...Thanks!!
Old May 4, 18, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
Quick question, you are rounding up, I presume? Ex: if it's 68.6, you are taking 69? Just curious...Thanks!!
I think that will generally be the case, yes. Plus 68.2 would be rounded down to 68.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: