Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked round trip lax-ist-tlv tlv-ist-lax

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Booked round trip lax-ist-tlv tlv-ist-lax

I have the above flights booked in biz class. Paid $. They have since changed every leg of the flights. I would like to cancel the return only, as in tlv-ist-lax and keep the lax-ist-tlv. When I call the main # they said no go, unless I call the lax desk and they figure out a way to do it. No one ever answers the phone at lax and the vm is full.

Is there a way to cancel just the return? Should I keep trying to call the lax office?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
It depends on the rules of your booking fare. You might have booked a cheaper non-refundable biz class ticket, or one where the return price is actually lower than the price of a full-fare one-way biz class ticket.

No idea why they would send you to the LAX office to change a ticket, unless you already have flown the first flight.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:19 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Cancel the whole ticket (should be a full refund if this is a caused by schedule change) and purchase a new one way on TK or other airline.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:59 am
Original Poster

They are definitely willing to cancel the whole itinerary for a full refund. Unfortunately, I booked this months ago and a one way fare now costs more than my entire return fare did when I purchased.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by emaij
They are definitely willing to cancel the whole itinerary for a full refund. Unfortunately, I booked this months ago and a one way fare now costs more than my entire return fare did when I purchased.
Then what is it you are hoping to gain by cancelling the return? the ticket will have to be repriced to a one way which is more expensive.
If you can't fly the return, just skip it...
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Fly LAX-iST-TLV before requesting a refund due to schedule change.

LAX office is typically quite responsive to email, but I wouldn't recommend contacting them until the outbound has been flown.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Fly LAX-iST-TLV before requesting a refund due to schedule change.

LAX office is typically quite responsive to email, but I wouldn't recommend contacting them until the outbound has been flown.
I was going to recommend exactly this as well
Old Aug 27, 2016, 6:55 am
Original Poster

That could work, PVDtoDEL and siberslava. I will have to see if they will let me confirm just the LAX-IST-TLV. Both directions are in some suspended animation state due to the multiple schedule changes. Once I fly the outgoing leg, you think there is a chance they will refund the return? Do you have an email address for the LAX office?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I would expect refunds to be all or nothing. The OP will not be allowed to turn a return fare into a super cheap o/w fare, i.e. at a fare/amount that was never possible in the first place. For partial refund the fare will be recalculated to reflect a o/w fare; maybe at the original/historical rates if the OP is lucky but most likely at present fare rate.

The OP will not be allowed to commence travelling with unconfirmed schedule changes in the intinerary. The request for confirmation of the the new itinerary will come sooner or later.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I would expect refunds to be all or nothing. The OP will not be allowed to turn a return fare into a super cheap o/w fare, i.e. at a fare/amount that was never possible in the first place. For partial refund the fare will be recalculated to reflect a o/w fare; maybe at the original/historical rates if the OP is lucky but most likely at present fare rate.
Refund due to schedule change is considered an invol refund, so the refund for a partially used ticket is the pro rata value of the remaining unflown coupons remaining.

Originally Posted by SK AAR

The OP will not be allowed to commence travelling with unconfirmed schedule changes in the intinerary. The request for confirmation of the the new itinerary will come sooner or later.
This may or may not be the case. If OP is able to convince a TK agent that they can confirm the outbound but are still working to find an appropriate reroute for the return, then OP may be able to stall changing the segment status from TK to HK until the outbound has been flown.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:12 am
Original Poster

It's the best I can do, given the circumstances. If I cancel the entire itinerary, I will have to pay more to buy just the one way fare. And then I have to pay for the return separately. There are a bunch of "what ifs" that have to fall into place, so we will just have to see.

If anyone has a better idea, I'm happy to listen.

What is the LAX email address?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.