Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Exclusive Drive - complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury car for business-class pax

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive Drive - complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury car for business-class pax

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals

Just came across Exclusive Drive - a complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury vehicle service for business class guests. You have to be booked in 'C' or 'D' class.

More details can be found below:

Exclusive Drive

Exclusive Drive Terms and Conditions

Interestingly, the service is only for The Americas and The Middle East. Surprisingly, their hub, IST is not on the list!!

But ^^^^ to TK for providing this service to business class guests!!

Anyone tried this service? If so, feedback/more details would be appreciated!
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
You have to be booked in 'C' or 'D' class.
Not many TK tickets are sold in C or D class. Certainly not any of the fare sales that are often featured on Flyertalk.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:39 am

Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by airoli
Not many TK tickets are sold in C or D class. Certainly not any of the fare sales that are often featured on Flyertalk.
Many corporate rate fares book in those fare buckets, and they do sell a lot of them. This offer is mainly targeted towards those customers.

Title is a little misleading, since J implies the cheapest booking class which does not come with free chauffeur service.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LH4116
Title is a little misleading, since J implies the cheapest booking class which does not come with free chauffeur service.
I thought of that when coming up with the thread-title, however, couldn't fit

'Exclusive Drive - complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury vehicle for business-class pax' in the title.

Maybe mods have a way of putting that in the title?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:11 am

Can anyone confirm what booking classes are eligible? The T&C say "not I or J". The first post says "C or D". But what about K?

Shuly
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:51 pm

Answering my own question: yes, K class is eligible. I must admit the service is great: an agent was waiting for me at the aircraft door in JFK, breezed me through immigration and customs, and accompanied me to the car. I've been out in less than 15 minutes, which is incredible for the US. The car was nice and the driver, though chatty, very courteous. An excellent perk.

Shuly
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shuly
Answering my own question: yes, K class is eligible. I must admit the service is great: an agent was waiting for me at the aircraft door in JFK, breezed me through immigration and customs, and accompanied me to the car. I've been out in less than 15 minutes, which is incredible for the US. The car was nice and the driver, though chatty, very courteous. An excellent perk.

Shuly
Did you only use the service in JFK? The website says it's available for passengers travelling from US/Canada to various destinations, TLV among them, and I'd like to utilize it in TLV as well.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:50 pm

I only used it in NYC.

Shuly
​​​​​​​
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EX PLAT
K class is not Eligible

Shuly
Just tried to book the drive, holding a Business class (K) Ticket. Agent advised it was ineligible. Curious how you got yours booked? And which class of car is included? Economy, Premium, or SUV
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:48 am

I just used the service to JFK this morning (writing this from the LH JFK lounge). I got an email from TK suggesting the service, and I booked it online. I could choose from two types of cars, I think it was "black sedan" and SUV; in both cases, it was an SUV.
I believe that the key is not the booking class but whether or not the ticket is changeable. At least, this is the wording on the TK web site. Ex-CAI, K class tickets can typically be changed (either free or for a small fee). Not sure about other departure points.

Shuly
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:57 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Just came across Exclusive Drive - a complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury vehicle service for business class guests. You have to be booked in 'C' or 'D' class.

More details can be found below:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/online-services/exclusive-drive/terms-and-conditions]Exclusive Drive[/url]

Exclusive Drive Terms and Conditions

Interestingly, the service is only for The Americas and The Middle East. Surprisingly, their hub, IST is not on the list!!

But ^^^^ to TK for providing this service to business class guests!!

Anyone tried this service? If so, feedback/more details would be appreciated!
LOL, this service is such a joke. Due to unforeseen circumstance I had to purchase a full-fare one way from IST to JFK. I saw the add for the executive drive so thought I'd give it a go only to be told "only for roundtrip." LOL --- a full fare business ticket, more expensive than most roundtrip, but TK excludes for whatever reason. So low end! First off my experience didnt come as a surprise, while I enjoy TK up in the air in so many ways ground product and services really lacking. In the end it wasn't a big deal of course as I assume most folks who are buying these kinds of fares for business or personal reasons aren't really swayed much by having to spend a relatively small amount more on booking a car service.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I just used the service to JFK this morning (writing this from the LH JFK lounge). I got an email from TK suggesting the service, and I booked it online. I could choose from two types of cars, I think it was "black sedan" and SUV; in both cases, it was an SUV.
I believe that the key is not the booking class but whether or not the ticket is changeable. At least, this is the wording on the TK web site. Ex-CAI, K class tickets can typically be changed (either free or for a small fee). Not sure about other departure points.

Shuly
I recently used the service as well on a JFK-TLV on a K fare biz ticket. The driver was very courteous both ways (same driver in a big SUV). Nice perk but after the tip I didn't save much over my usual method of calling an UberXL or Lyft Plus. But I live close to JFK... if I was further away it definitely would have been a nice savings.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Shuly
Originally Posted by dtphonehome
I recently used the service as well on a JFK-TLV on a K fare biz ticket. The driver was very courteous both ways (same driver in a big SUV). Nice perk but after the tip I didn't save much over my usual method of calling an UberXL or Lyft Plus. But I live close to JFK... if I was further away it definitely would have been a nice savings.
Thanks @shuly & @dtphonehome for sharing your experiences. I do fly TK quite a bit, but only in the cheapest 'J' class biz-tickets, so never had a chance to try it out myself.

Would you mind sharing / explaining how you booked it? I assume you booked it only after you booked your biz-ticket ('K' or higher)?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:38 am

Would you mind sharing / explaining how you booked it? I assume you booked it only after you booked your biz-ticket ('K' or higher)?
I got an e-mail from TK a few weeks before the flight with a link to the chauffeur booking web page. Or try this page.

Shuly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.