FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Exclusive Drive - complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury car for business-class pax (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1785244-exclusive-drive-complimentary-chauffeur-driven-luxury-car-business-class-pax.html)

AvidFlyer1990 Aug 17, 16 5:20 am

Exclusive Drive - complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury car for business-class pax
 
Just came across Exclusive Drive - a complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury vehicle service for business class guests. You have to be booked in 'C' or 'D' class.

More details can be found below:

Exclusive Drive

Exclusive Drive Terms and Conditions

Interestingly, the service is only for The Americas and The Middle East. Surprisingly, their hub, IST is not on the list!! :eek:

But ^^^^ to TK for providing this service to business class guests!!

Anyone tried this service? If so, feedback/more details would be appreciated!

airoli Aug 17, 16 7:39 am


Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 (Post 27076881)
You have to be booked in 'C' or 'D' class.

Not many TK tickets are sold in C or D class. Certainly not any of the fare sales that are often featured on Flyertalk. :(

divjan Aug 17, 16 10:39 am

http://imgserveri.com/91F20ECC860041...veDrive_02.jpg

LH4116 Aug 17, 16 10:43 am


Originally Posted by airoli (Post 27077191)
Not many TK tickets are sold in C or D class. Certainly not any of the fare sales that are often featured on Flyertalk. :(

Many corporate rate fares book in those fare buckets, and they do sell a lot of them. This offer is mainly targeted towards those customers.

Title is a little misleading, since J implies the cheapest booking class which does not come with free chauffeur service.

AvidFlyer1990 Aug 18, 16 1:09 am


Originally Posted by LH4116 (Post 27078036)
Title is a little misleading, since J implies the cheapest booking class which does not come with free chauffeur service.

I thought of that when coming up with the thread-title, however, couldn't fit

'Exclusive Drive - complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury vehicle for business-class pax' in the title.

Maybe mods have a way of putting that in the title?

shuly Jan 7, 18 2:11 am

Can anyone confirm what booking classes are eligible? The T&C say "not I or J". The first post says "C or D". But what about K?

Shuly

shuly Feb 3, 18 5:51 pm

Answering my own question: yes, K class is eligible. I must admit the service is great: an agent was waiting for me at the aircraft door in JFK, breezed me through immigration and customs, and accompanied me to the car. I've been out in less than 15 minutes, which is incredible for the US. The car was nice and the driver, though chatty, very courteous. An excellent perk.

Shuly

dtphonehome Feb 4, 18 10:17 am


Originally Posted by shuly (Post 29376376)
Answering my own question: yes, K class is eligible. I must admit the service is great: an agent was waiting for me at the aircraft door in JFK, breezed me through immigration and customs, and accompanied me to the car. I've been out in less than 15 minutes, which is incredible for the US. The car was nice and the driver, though chatty, very courteous. An excellent perk.

Shuly

Did you only use the service in JFK? The website says it's available for passengers travelling from US/Canada to various destinations, TLV among them, and I'd like to utilize it in TLV as well.

shuly Feb 4, 18 8:50 pm

I only used it in NYC.

Shuly
​​​​​​​

airmarc Feb 6, 18 8:06 am

K class is not Eligible
 

Originally Posted by shuly (Post 29376376)
Answering my own question: yes, K class is eligible. I must admit the service is great: an agent was waiting for me at the aircraft door in JFK, breezed me through immigration and customs, and accompanied me to the car. I've been out in less than 15 minutes, which is incredible for the US. The car was nice and the driver, though chatty, very courteous. An excellent perk.

Shuly

Just tried to book the drive, holding a Business class (K) Ticket. Agent advised it was ineligible. Curious how you got yours booked? And which class of car is included? Economy, Premium, or SUV

shuly Feb 6, 18 11:48 am

I just used the service to JFK this morning (writing this from the LH JFK lounge). I got an email from TK suggesting the service, and I booked it online. I could choose from two types of cars, I think it was "black sedan" and SUV; in both cases, it was an SUV.
I believe that the key is not the booking class but whether or not the ticket is changeable. At least, this is the wording on the TK web site. Ex-CAI, K class tickets can typically be changed (either free or for a small fee). Not sure about other departure points.

Shuly

BOStonTravels Mar 8, 18 6:57 am


Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 (Post 27076881)
Just came across Exclusive Drive - a complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury vehicle service for business class guests. You have to be booked in 'C' or 'D' class.

More details can be found below:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/online-services/exclusive-drive/terms-and-conditions]Exclusive Drive[/url]

Exclusive Drive Terms and Conditions

Interestingly, the service is only for The Americas and The Middle East. Surprisingly, their hub, IST is not on the list!! :eek:

But ^^^^ to TK for providing this service to business class guests!!

Anyone tried this service? If so, feedback/more details would be appreciated!

LOL, this service is such a joke. Due to unforeseen circumstance I had to purchase a full-fare one way from IST to JFK. I saw the add for the executive drive so thought I'd give it a go only to be told "only for roundtrip." LOL --- a full fare business ticket, more expensive than most roundtrip, but TK excludes for whatever reason. So low end! First off my experience didnt come as a surprise, while I enjoy TK up in the air in so many ways ground product and services really lacking. In the end it wasn't a big deal of course as I assume most folks who are buying these kinds of fares for business or personal reasons aren't really swayed much by having to spend a relatively small amount more on booking a car service.

dtphonehome Apr 14, 18 10:48 pm


Originally Posted by shuly (Post 29386231)
I just used the service to JFK this morning (writing this from the LH JFK lounge). I got an email from TK suggesting the service, and I booked it online. I could choose from two types of cars, I think it was "black sedan" and SUV; in both cases, it was an SUV.
I believe that the key is not the booking class but whether or not the ticket is changeable. At least, this is the wording on the TK web site. Ex-CAI, K class tickets can typically be changed (either free or for a small fee). Not sure about other departure points.

Shuly

I recently used the service as well on a JFK-TLV on a K fare biz ticket. The driver was very courteous both ways (same driver in a big SUV). Nice perk but after the tip I didn't save much over my usual method of calling an UberXL or Lyft Plus. But I live close to JFK... if I was further away it definitely would have been a nice savings.

AvidFlyer1990 Apr 15, 18 6:33 am


Originally Posted by shuly (Post 29376376)
Answering my own question: yes, K class is eligible. I must admit the service is great: an agent was waiting for me at the aircraft door in JFK, breezed me through immigration and customs, and accompanied me to the car. I've been out in less than 15 minutes, which is incredible for the US. The car was nice and the driver, though chatty, very courteous. An excellent perk.

Shuly


Originally Posted by dtphonehome (Post 29641452)
I recently used the service as well on a JFK-TLV on a K fare biz ticket. The driver was very courteous both ways (same driver in a big SUV). Nice perk but after the tip I didn't save much over my usual method of calling an UberXL or Lyft Plus. But I live close to JFK... if I was further away it definitely would have been a nice savings.

Thanks @shuly & @dtphonehome for sharing your experiences. I do fly TK quite a bit, but only in the cheapest 'J' class biz-tickets, so never had a chance to try it out myself.

Would you mind sharing / explaining how you booked it? I assume you booked it only after you booked your biz-ticket ('K' or higher)?

shuly Apr 15, 18 6:38 am


Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 (Post 29642175)
Would you mind sharing / explaining how you booked it? I assume you booked it only after you booked your biz-ticket ('K' or higher)?

I got an e-mail from TK a few weeks before the flight with a link to the chauffeur booking web page. Or try this page.

Shuly


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:40 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.