Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Exclusive Drive - complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury car for business-class pax

Exclusive Drive - complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury car for business-class pax

Old Apr 15, 18, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Question

Originally Posted by shuly View Post
I got an e-mail from TK a few weeks before the flight with a link to the chauffeur booking web page. Or try this page.

Shuly
Thanks @shuly!! Quick question, do you have to be crediting to TK, to avail of this? My dad flew on a 'K' fare, last year, while crediting to LH. He did not receive any such email?!! Weird!!?!
Old Apr 15, 18, 11:53 am

Sorry, no idea.

Shuly
Old Apr 16, 18, 12:26 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
... do you have to be crediting to TK, to avail of this? ...
No need to credit at all to any FFP not even TK. This is a TK service to passengers that adhere to the service rule (route, flexible biz class, etc.).
Old Apr 16, 18, 8:37 am

Programs: TK Elite+, UA Silver, DL Silver, SPG Plat, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Thanks @shuly & @dtphonehome for sharing your experiences. I do fly TK quite a bit, but only in the cheapest 'J' class biz-tickets, so never had a chance to try it out myself.

Would you mind sharing / explaining how you booked it? I assume you booked it only after you booked your biz-ticket ('K' or higher)?
Originally Posted by shuly View Post
I got an e-mail from TK a few weeks before the flight with a link to the chauffeur booking web page. Or try this page.

Shuly
Thanks @shuly!! Quick question, do you have to be crediting to TK, to avail of this? My dad flew on a 'K' fare, last year, while crediting to LH. He did not receive any such email?!! Weird!!?!
i didnít get an email either. I used the link shuly posted.
Old Apr 17, 18, 2:49 am

are C and D Business Flexible? I find it so hard to figure out which fare class I am getting short of going to the office. When using booking sites like ctrip (which accept my mainland China payment method - Wechat and Alipay) I don't get to see a fare class at all. On the TK website I just figured out my next flight is in J, which is a shame since I would have liked to take the car, especially if it's from the plane door.
Old Apr 17, 18, 3:41 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Originally Posted by pandablood View Post
are C and D Business Flexible?
In theory, you can have C or D as either flexible or non-flexible ticket but in paractice C and D are flexible. In the past, Iíve seen K class as both semi-flex and flex.
Old Apr 17, 18, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by dtphonehome View Post
i didnít get an email either. I used the link shuly posted.
Don't you have to enter some 'code' to make the chauffeur service 'complimentary'?? How did you get that?
Old Apr 17, 18, 7:59 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, UA Silver, DL Silver, SPG Plat, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Don't you have to enter some 'code' to make the chauffeur service 'complimentary'?? How did you get that?
Nope. Just booked through the link. A few weeks before the flight I got an email from the limo company asking for my promo code or a copy of the ticket. I emailed them my ticket and they confirmed I was eligible and confirmed the ride.
Old Apr 23, 18, 1:54 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
This kind of services are really classy.
So far I have only enjoyed "exclusive ride" with TK when bussing to aircraft and back to terminal with dedicated Business class bus emptying the plane first and leaving first. I hate apron transfers but the best you can do it is TK style
Old Nov 5, 19, 8:02 am

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by pandablood View Post
are C and D Business Flexible? I find it so hard to figure out which fare class I am getting short of going to the office. When using booking sites like ctrip (which accept my mainland China payment method - Wechat and Alipay) I don't get to see a fare class at all. On the TK website I just figured out my next flight is in J, which is a shame since I would have liked to take the car, especially if it's from the plane door.

"All Business fare classes (C,D,K,J,Z) are eligible for Exclusive Drive service" - TK probably updated the terms since you last checked
https://exclusivedrive.turkishairlines.com/#
Old Nov 5, 19, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by bamba70 View Post
"All Business fare classes (C,D,K,J,Z) are eligible for Exclusive Drive service" - TK probably updated the terms since you last checked
Award tickets (Class I) are not eligible.
The list of destinations seems to have grown a bit, but still excludes Istanbul (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha, Kuwait, Beirut, Tel Aviv, Tehran, Cairo, Mumbai, Delhi, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Dacca, Nairobi, Riyadh, Dammam, Amman, Jeddah, Bahrain).
Old Nov 6, 19, 2:05 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by bamba70 View Post
I've a J class fare, but when checking website it says "The information you provided is not eligible for Exclusive Drive."

Planing to use for Houston and it's a roundtrip booking.
Old Nov 6, 19, 8:05 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by wantan View Post
I've a J class fare, but when checking website it says "The information you provided is not eligible for Exclusive Drive."

Planing to use for Houston and it's a roundtrip booking.
I presume the problem is one of the two below;

1- Upgrades are not allowed to use Exclusive Drive.

2- Not all itineraries to US&Canada destinations qualify for Exclusive Drive. Where is your point of origin ( first point of departure )? This might help.
Old Nov 6, 19, 9:31 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
I presume the problem is one of the two below;

1- Upgrades are not allowed to use Exclusive Drive.

2- Not all itineraries to US&Canada destinations qualify for Exclusive Drive. Where is your point of origin ( first point of departure )? This might help.
1. It's a full fare J.

2. On a single itinerary I'm doing BTU - KUL - IST - IAH and back
Old Nov 6, 19, 10:19 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by wantan View Post
1. It's a full fare J.

2. On a single itinerary I'm doing BTU - KUL - IST - IAH and back
You are not eligible for the exclusive drive service. Kuala Lumpur is not on the eligible origin list.

Only our passengers who are travelling between our direct flight points in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha, Kuwait, Beirut, Tel Aviv, Tehran, Cairo, Bombay, Delhi, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Dacca, Nairobi, Riyadh, Dammam, Amman, Jeddah and Bahrain, and in the USA and in Canada can benefit from this service.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: