Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Exclusive Drive - complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury car for business-class pax

Exclusive Drive - complimentary chauffeur-driven luxury car for business-class pax

Old Apr 15, 18, 11:22 am
  #16  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: BOM/DEL/GAU
Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Posts: 1,126
Question

Originally Posted by shuly View Post
I got an e-mail from TK a few weeks before the flight with a link to the chauffeur booking web page. Or try this page.

Shuly
Thanks @shuly!! Quick question, do you have to be crediting to TK, to avail of this? My dad flew on a 'K' fare, last year, while crediting to LH. He did not receive any such email?!! Weird!!?!
AvidFlyer1990 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 18, 11:53 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: HFA
Posts: 1,575
Sorry, no idea.

Shuly
shuly is offline  
Old Apr 16, 18, 12:26 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Posts: 1,021
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
... do you have to be crediting to TK, to avail of this? ...
No need to credit at all to any FFP not even TK. This is a TK service to passengers that adhere to the service rule (route, flexible biz class, etc.).
flyerby is offline  
Old Apr 16, 18, 8:37 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: TK Elite+, UA Silver, DL Silver, SPG Plat, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Posts: 106
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
Thanks @shuly & @dtphonehome for sharing your experiences. I do fly TK quite a bit, but only in the cheapest 'J' class biz-tickets, so never had a chance to try it out myself.

Would you mind sharing / explaining how you booked it? I assume you booked it only after you booked your biz-ticket ('K' or higher)?
Originally Posted by shuly View Post
I got an e-mail from TK a few weeks before the flight with a link to the chauffeur booking web page. Or try this page.

Shuly
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
Thanks @shuly!! Quick question, do you have to be crediting to TK, to avail of this? My dad flew on a 'K' fare, last year, while crediting to LH. He did not receive any such email?!! Weird!!?!
i didnít get an email either. I used the link shuly posted.
dtphonehome is offline  
Old Apr 17, 18, 2:49 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 130
are C and D Business Flexible? I find it so hard to figure out which fare class I am getting short of going to the office. When using booking sites like ctrip (which accept my mainland China payment method - Wechat and Alipay) I don't get to see a fare class at all. On the TK website I just figured out my next flight is in J, which is a shame since I would have liked to take the car, especially if it's from the plane door.
pandablood is offline  
Old Apr 17, 18, 3:41 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Posts: 1,021
Originally Posted by pandablood View Post
are C and D Business Flexible?
In theory, you can have C or D as either flexible or non-flexible ticket but in paractice C and D are flexible. In the past, Iíve seen K class as both semi-flex and flex.
flyerby is offline  
Old Apr 17, 18, 7:27 pm
  #22  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: BOM/DEL/GAU
Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Posts: 1,126
Originally Posted by dtphonehome View Post
i didnít get an email either. I used the link shuly posted.
Don't you have to enter some 'code' to make the chauffeur service 'complimentary'?? How did you get that?
AvidFlyer1990 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 18, 7:59 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: TK Elite+, UA Silver, DL Silver, SPG Plat, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Posts: 106
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 View Post
Don't you have to enter some 'code' to make the chauffeur service 'complimentary'?? How did you get that?
Nope. Just booked through the link. A few weeks before the flight I got an email from the limo company asking for my promo code or a copy of the ticket. I emailed them my ticket and they confirmed I was eligible and confirmed the ride.
dtphonehome is offline  
Old Apr 23, 18, 1:54 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Posts: 5,094
This kind of services are really classy.
So far I have only enjoyed "exclusive ride" with TK when bussing to aircraft and back to terminal with dedicated Business class bus emptying the plane first and leaving first. I hate apron transfers but the best you can do it is TK style
FFlash is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 8:02 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Programs: TK E+
Posts: 387
Originally Posted by pandablood View Post
are C and D Business Flexible? I find it so hard to figure out which fare class I am getting short of going to the office. When using booking sites like ctrip (which accept my mainland China payment method - Wechat and Alipay) I don't get to see a fare class at all. On the TK website I just figured out my next flight is in J, which is a shame since I would have liked to take the car, especially if it's from the plane door.

"All Business fare classes (C,D,K,J,Z) are eligible for Exclusive Drive service" - TK probably updated the terms since you last checked
https://exclusivedrive.turkishairlines.com/#
bamba70 is offline  
Old Nov 5, 19, 4:34 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,658
Originally Posted by bamba70 View Post
"All Business fare classes (C,D,K,J,Z) are eligible for Exclusive Drive service" - TK probably updated the terms since you last checked
https://exclusivedrive.turkishairlines.com/#
Award tickets (Class I) are not eligible.
The list of destinations seems to have grown a bit, but still excludes Istanbul (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha, Kuwait, Beirut, Tel Aviv, Tehran, Cairo, Mumbai, Delhi, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Dacca, Nairobi, Riyadh, Dammam, Amman, Jeddah, Bahrain).
MaxVO is offline  
Old Nov 6, 19, 2:05 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
Posts: 669
Originally Posted by bamba70 View Post
"All Business fare classes (C,D,K,J,Z) are eligible for Exclusive Drive service" - TK probably updated the terms since you last checked
https://exclusivedrive.turkishairlines.com/#
I've a J class fare, but when checking website it says "The information you provided is not eligible for Exclusive Drive."

Planing to use for Houston and it's a roundtrip booking.
wantan is offline  
Old Nov 6, 19, 8:05 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Posts: 6,328
Originally Posted by wantan View Post
I've a J class fare, but when checking website it says "The information you provided is not eligible for Exclusive Drive."

Planing to use for Houston and it's a roundtrip booking.
I presume the problem is one of the two below;

1- Upgrades are not allowed to use Exclusive Drive.

2- Not all itineraries to US&Canada destinations qualify for Exclusive Drive. Where is your point of origin ( first point of departure )? This might help.
ISTFlyer is online now  
Old Nov 6, 19, 9:31 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
Posts: 669
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
I presume the problem is one of the two below;

1- Upgrades are not allowed to use Exclusive Drive.

2- Not all itineraries to US&Canada destinations qualify for Exclusive Drive. Where is your point of origin ( first point of departure )? This might help.
1. It's a full fare J.

2. On a single itinerary I'm doing BTU - KUL - IST - IAH and back
wantan is offline  
Old Nov 6, 19, 10:19 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Posts: 6,328
Originally Posted by wantan View Post
1. It's a full fare J.

2. On a single itinerary I'm doing BTU - KUL - IST - IAH and back
You are not eligible for the exclusive drive service. Kuala Lumpur is not on the eligible origin list.

Only our passengers who are travelling between our direct flight points in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha, Kuwait, Beirut, Tel Aviv, Tehran, Cairo, Bombay, Delhi, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Dacca, Nairobi, Riyadh, Dammam, Amman, Jeddah and Bahrain, and in the USA and in Canada can benefit from this service.
ISTFlyer is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: