Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CIP Lounge at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Priority Pass has different conditions... some memberships allow one guest (example the PP that comes with the US Amex Plat), some only a small charge (PP select), some unlimited guests (PP issued to Chase CSR)...
And there is one or more (can't remember which) that allow two guests or immediate family.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:36 am

Any recent DPs re: Priority Pass access at the TK-IAD lounge? Some recent Yelp reviewers have said they've been turned away by staff.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Any recent DPs re: Priority Pass access at the TK-IAD lounge? Some recent Yelp reviewers have said they've been turned away by staff.
As of two weeks ago, they were turning away Priority Pass until 4:45 p.m. Agent at the desk said the restriction usually starts around 2 p.m.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by 14940674
As of two weeks ago, they were turning away Priority Pass until 4:45 p.m. Agent at the desk said the restriction usually starts around 2 p.m.
Do you mean that you can enter before 2pm? Only the 2pm-4:45pm slot is restricted from PP? Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Do you mean that you can enter before 2pm? Only the 2pm-4:45pm slot is restricted from PP? Thanks!
They will admit PP members outside of those hours, including before 2 p.m. I do not know whether they throw out previously admitted PP guests if the crowding becomes too severe during that slot.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Currently restricting PP members until 6:15pm. This seems to be irrespective of actual lounge occupancy, because there is currently plenty of space available in the lounge (much less than half full - only about 30 people in the entire lounge).

Hopefully this doesn't go the way of the AF lounge where the time restriction is formally published and expanded, pretty much making the lounge unusable for PP members for much of the day (anytime after 2:30pm).

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:15 pm

I was there Friday. The line for admittance with literally several people out the door. It was crazy and once inside totally unpleasant - and I came here after going into the LH lounge because seating was an issue on the SEN side. It was around 4pm and I was departing on the SN flight to BRU. There were people on the SV flight plus I guess SK, SA and maybe others from LH, UA, OS, AV.

I saw plenty of PP cards getting swiped too when I entered at 4pm.

This place doesn't have the capacity for these flights and PP this time of day.

There was no seating in the main room or bar area. The bathrooms had queues out in the hall. Even the room upstairs filled up.

If you have a late afternoon departure, I would suggest you not make any efforts to get here early to enjoy this lounge. It's not possible.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by chuck1
There was no seating in the main room or bar area. The bathrooms had queues out in the hall. Even the room upstairs filled up....
I think it's bizarre that they constructed that lounge with just two single-stall, single-gender bathrooms.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:00 pm

The whole IAD set up is not okay for the late afternoon.
You've got LH/SN/OS/TK/SA/AV/SK all departing plus UA people with long layovers coming over and PP in the TK lounge plus SV using the TK lounge with their 5pm daily departure.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Any known updates to the PP access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.