Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CIP Lounge at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gnaget
...I suspect that TK will try to steal ANA as the designated lounge and it might have already been done based on the number of Japanese in the lounge. However, the sign on the LH lounge indicated 08:20 opening, which must be for the ANA flight, which departs at 12:20....
My understanding is that both the LH lounge and the TK lounge at IAD are run by the same company - TAV. I don't know if the billing goes through TK/LH or is direct and what difference it makes...
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
Actually, you can. Security personnel don't inplement that rule. When you're in those stations next just hand out your BP and s/he will just check the destination and your name. Once you're in the boarding area you can also keep going back and forth between two sections since doors open automatically.
E+ section has one or two addirional food option and that's it.
What really annoys me is lack of protocol.

p.s. You can't go from the Elite to Elite Plus lounge at IST domestic without going through security again? There is a sign in the toilet about ablution facilities only being available in the Elite lounge. Not something that I (or most Turks) need, but is it really a better lounge?[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The lounge is open, TRAVELSIG is getting a tour right now!

TK management on site confirms lounge is open 7 days a week 0500 until 2359. ^

They said at TK they don't have the details on opening date for JFK except soon
Huh, means that it'll be open for 2-2.5 hours later than UA's own lounges.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Late in the night its probably not aiming to entertain the UA crowd but the departing late night flights from B.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 3:25 pm

Had a really good experience on a thursday evening. Missed the early UA flight so had to call 4 hours.

The receptionist was really accommodating and offer to store my luggage.

Only 4 people were in the lounge when I arrived. At around 9 the changed the offerings on the buffet. Really good fish!

I've been to the LH Senator Lounge before and I'd argue they're on the same level. (as some people already suggested) LH offers more international cuisine, while TK offers loads of turkish/ meditaranian dishes.

They have a Playstation 4 in the lounge that you can play on the screenwall. I guess it's about weird to do that when the lounge is packed.

Shower was ok. It's a little odd that they don't have a sink in there. Staff is really trying to keep everything clean though. Definitely a small step down from LH Senator Showers.

I don't really know were they can make Lounge boarding happen. Is there a walkthrough on the left side of the bar in the back?

Overall, like I said, great experience. Will go again there instead of LH next time.

Last edited by JamesMcGill; Oct 7, 2016 at 3:33 pm
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: UA *G MM
I was at SAW the other day. There the two lounges are right in front of you behind glass. The E+ was small and crowded so I headed to the E lounge.

Back to the topic. I read an article in the inflight magazine about a mezzanine level for the IAD lounge. I certainly did not see one. But I also recall hearing that this is the old Virgin lounge, which I visited once about 10 years ago and it definitely had a second level. Back then this is where you went if you flew LH F class.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just posted this in the UA thread but it's equally relevant here.

First saw this reported on VFTW and confirmed on my own on the PP site.

Looks like this lounge has been added to the Priority Pass network with no time of day restrictions (unlike BA and AF lounges which have lounge restrictions) though there is a length of time restrictions (though shouldn't be an issue for most at 4 hours). Great add for those of us who are UA flyers but not *G.

Opening Hours
06:00 - 23:00 daily.
Airside - Concourse B, near Gate B43. After Security, take the stairs to the next level and turn right. Passengers departing from other Concourses can access the lounge by train or walk way to Concourse B. Please allow sufficient time to reach the departure gate.
Conditions
Maximum 4 hour stay - Children under 6 years are admitted free - Non-smoking.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
We will be flying into IAD from SFO, we are both *G and I have priority pass. Can we gain access to this lounge even though we don't have a connecting ticket?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:00 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
We will be flying into IAD from SFO, we are both *G and I have priority pass. Can we gain access to this lounge even though we don't have a connecting ticket?
If you are flying on a Star Alliance flight (e.g. UA) you will have access. If you use PP it doesn't matter who you fly with.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by starflyergold
If you are flying on a Star Alliance flight (e.g. UA) you will have access. If you use PP it doesn't matter who you fly with.
Well, not exactly. You can't use it upon arrival if using the Star Gold card.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:49 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Well, not exactly. You can't use it upon arrival if using the Star Gold card.
Oh my mistake I misread the initial post. I guess I am too used to arriving pax being separated from departing ones. I don't even think PP allows arriving pax.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by starflyergold
I don't even think PP allows arriving pax.
PP doesn't care about that, if you can manage to show up at the lounge they will gladly charge PP and let you in.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
PP doesn't care about that, if you can manage to show up at the lounge they will gladly charge PP and let you in.
Am I correct that PP allows one guest?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:01 am

Priority Pass has different conditions... some memberships allow one guest (example the PP that comes with the US Amex Plat), some only a small charge (PP select), some unlimited guests (PP issued to Chase CSR)...
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:08 pm

I am traveling through IAD on UA with a 3+ hour connection. I am *G. I see that children 6 and under are admitted free. Is this the best lounge at IAD to check out with my wife and 2 year old daughter? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.