Wiki Posts
Search

Istanbul Airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,UA,CX
Istanbul Airport

I apologise if this does not belong here. I will have an eleven hours connection at this airport, arriving at 0500. Any place to sleep? I did not find any hotel inside the airport. Lounges? Thanks
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
There is TAV airport hotel inside the airport (airside). Quite expensive though, you can book for multiple of 3 hours. link below:
http://www.ataturkairport.com/en-EN/shoppingdinning/pages/airporthotel.aspx
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
If you're flying Turkish Airlines and your flight meets the criteria, you may be eligible for a free hotel and/or tour: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...cting-ist.html

Note that you'd be responsible for getting a visa, though.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by zagorsky
I apologise if this does not belong here. I will have an eleven hours connection at this airport, arriving at 0500. Any place to sleep? I did not find any hotel inside the airport. Lounges? Thanks
Depending on your arriving and departing flight you might qualify for the free hotel as stated above. The other option is the TAV airside hotel or booking one of the airport hotels, you can get one of those for about $50 a night. Have a look at the link posted above
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA,UA,CX
Istanbul Airport

I have just checked it and it is €95 for 3 hours, very expensive. Unfortunately I will not qualify for the hotel as there is an earlier flight, but the fare difference is over €200. I still have 3 weeks, I will see, thank you all. How about any lounges?

Last edited by zagorsky; Aug 3, 2016 at 7:26 am
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by zagorsky
I have just checked it and it is €95 for 3 hours, very expensive. Unfortunately I will not qualify for the hotel as there is an earlier flight, but the fare difference is over €200. I still have 3 weeks, I will see, thank you all. How about any lounges?
There is the TK lounge if you are *G or priority pass as a paid option. The PP lounge is alright but I wouldn't want to spend 11 hours in there. Prices seems to vary as well. If I were in your place I would get one of the airport hotels landslide. I usually use the Hilton Garden Inn, it's 10 min from the airport, they have a shuttle leaving every hour at :30 and they are pretty reasonable at $40-50.

Just be aware you might have to get a visa to clear immigration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.