New version of THY.com

Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
@Safra, there should be a "revert to the old version" button at the bottom of your screen. It was a life saver for me a few weeks ago as there was no way to load anything but their homepage.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: Star Gold
New website does no allow upgrade bookings or changes

No upgrade booking requests can be processed if you call with a booking through the new website. PNRs and eticket numbers are not searchable on the new website, so I cannot make flight or date changes.

They should have the old website back until all bugs have been fixed on the new website.

I will not be making bookings with TK for the next few weeks until the new website is fixed. Unfortunately, my business will go to TG, LH and AC.

Please TK, can we have the old website bacK ? Or else, I am taking my business elsewhere for the next 3 months.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: TK *G, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Does anybody know what is the current status of the new TK website? Did they make it available to the more countries or still only few as a testing ground?

2 months ago I was able to use it from Japan. There were definitely some improvements and overall I liked the new design and UX (you can see some of my impressions and screenshots on the page #1 of this topic) but also lots of bugs to be deal with. Reading some comments I can see that there is still plenty of work.

Do we see any progress there or this will just be one of the TK "success" stories?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (QR Gold), SkyTeam Elite Plus (ITA Volare)
New TK website

I entered www.turkishairlines.com today and found that the entire website has been redesigned, including the Miles&Smiles section and award ticket booking. Many improvements to the site, however, Elite overdraft of 10K miles doesn't seem to be working. I looked up a return flight in business class costing 90K (I am Elite and have 88,5K miles in my account) and where the old website would let me overdraft the difference, the new site does not. Luckily, there is an option to purchase the extra miles required, not in quantities of 1000 but the exact number, i.e 1441 miles.

I wish TK could also roll out functionality for booking *A awards online one day...

By the way. When logged into M&S account, all flight/earning history shows 0 miles. The total is correct though. Anyone else got this?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (QR Gold), SkyTeam Elite Plus (ITA Volare)
Hmmm, must have been some sort of a test rollout for a limited time only. Now I am getting the old page.
(When the new design was displayed the url was https://p.turkishairlines.com )
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Looks like it's down, when I try to go to www.turkishairlines.com it redirects me to p.turkishairlines.com (the new website).
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I can't access it all, it goes from www to p to www to p and repeat until the browser gives up.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
Wow - I travel this weekend, and I was able to add my United MileagePlus number to my reservation. And, I called them to confirm that it was in fact attached now. This is kind of a big deal because their old res system rejected UA's alphanumeric numbers. So, TK seems to have gotten an upgrade on both the front-end and back-end.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by Gnopps
I can't access it all, it goes from www to p to www to p and repeat until the browser gives up.
What does the new site look like - it is the woman on the beach gazing at the birds with the message Widen your World?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: TK *G, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by CoweyB
What does the new site look like - it is the woman on the beach gazing at the birds with the message Widen your World?
You can see some screenshots of the new website here.

Btw, there is already some discussion about new website on above link so maybe admins can merge this 2 topics.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by BurekTheGreat
You can see some screenshots of the new website here.

Btw, there is already some discussion about new website on above link so maybe admins can merge this 2 topics.
Thanks, I still can't access it but it does look good...
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by CoweyB
Thanks, I still can't access it but it does look good...
It depends which country you are at.

In Hong Kong, I got directed to the new website where I could only access to the old version in UK.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Seems to be an issue with your ISP and how it allocates IP addresses.

I can't access TK's website from home, but I can when I turn on a VPN and I usually can from hotels, etc.

Nonetheless, I still hit "revert to old version" 99% of the time.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:58 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
The "new" website is still only available in a very limited number of countries, apparently TK are unable to roll it out globally. Not surprising given its poor IT track record.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
New version appears to be rolled out in Sweden as well. Not sure what I think about the new website. Looks nice, but quite confusing to use.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.