Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK*G and forced overnight layover 9.30h! HELP!

Old May 2, 2016, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air France Flying blue Platinum, TK ELITE STAR ALLIANCE GOLD

I have 9.30 Hours forced overnight layover at Ataturk, what should I do? I am TK*G ELITE flying in coach and I am coming on the evening from short haul flight and having long haul transcontinental flight next morning to Buenos Aires.
Under those FREE HOTEL stay rules if I got this right I can not be granted with free hotel or neither have a room in CIP Lounge because waiting is longer than 7hours and shorther than 10hours? Please help, should I book hotel?
Old May 2, 2016, 4:54 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Yes, you have to pay your hotel or stay all night in the lounge.

Of course I'd pay few euros and get a real hotel with free airport pick up, rather than camp in the lounge or deal with the TK hotel desk mess.

Oh, and now the "airport" hotel concept for TK means hotels as far as the Mercur Topkapi. Closer to the city than the airport.
I got it last week due to a misconnection.

Last edited by Forrest Bump; May 2, 2016 at 5:09 am
Old May 2, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: miles&smiles
Originally Posted by Domcro
I have 9.30 Hours forced overnight layover at Ataturk, what should I do? I am TK*G ELITE flying in coach and I am coming on the evening from short haul flight and having long haul transcontinental flight next morning to Buenos Aires.
Under those FREE HOTEL stay rules if I got this right I can not be granted with free hotel or neither have a room in CIP Lounge because waiting is longer than 7hours and shorther than 10hours? Please help, should I book hotel?
You would need to be TK E+ as well to use the relaxation rooms. You could always ask at the front desk, who knows, you might catch them on a good day. If not, then I can recommend the Hilton Garden Inn, 10 min away, nice rooms and about $50 a night. They have a shuttle leaving from outside the arrivals every hour :30 min past.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air France Flying blue Platinum, TK ELITE STAR ALLIANCE GOLD
Thank you guys,
I find better solution to book a hotel rather than camping in a chair in the lounge for almost 10 hours, thats nuts.
I went to TK office today and I was told that I could try to ask for a voucher at hotel desk because sometimes they give vouchers to people in similar situation with overnight layove near 10hours without possibility for a tour. I guess its more safer to simply book recognized hotel brand for few bucks than dealing with turks. Anyways thank you guys
Old May 2, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
No doubt about it.
Plenty of cheap accomodations around IST with convenient shuttle van from/to.
It is unlikely anyway that they make an exception for your case.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Domcro
Thank you guys,
I find better solution to book a hotel rather than camping in a chair in the lounge for almost 10 hours, thats nuts.
I went to TK office today and I was told that I could try to ask for a voucher at hotel desk because sometimes they give vouchers to people in similar situation with overnight layove near 10hours without possibility for a tour. I guess its more safer to simply book recognized hotel brand for few bucks than dealing with turks. Anyways thank you guys
I received a hotel for a 8h 50m forced layover (it was originally a 9h 50m layover but they made a schedule change). But unfortunately there is no way for you to find out other than on the spot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.