Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Similes one way award and stop over in IST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys.
I currently have an award ticket from Rome to Singapore connecting in Istanbul with a 2 hour connection (one way - business class).
Is it possible to modify it to allow for a stopover in Istanbul (a couple of days >24h)?

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
One way award ticket rules, point 3:
Stopover is not permitted for one way award tickets.Tranfer between each departure and arrival point must be completed in 24 hours.In case of exceeding 24 hours one way award ticket is not permitted.
Old May 11, 2016, 11:30 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I am curious if anyone is able to book one-way award ticket with longer connection in IST. When you book online, the system will give you the first connection available, some of those are like under 2 hours, and there's no way I'd let my parents run through the mad dash at IST with less than 2 hours to catch the flight.

BTW, I found a cool feature on thy.com award booking, certain routes you can hold and use "pay later" option. I just held IST-NRT in J (booking class I) and it's giving me a month to pay and get ticketed, this will give me time to wait for special J deals if they ever pop up. You still get to keep the miles until you have it ticketed.

I know the cost would be astronomical if I purchase it as revenue ticket. YMMV, it may simply depend on routes.

Last edited by vincewy; May 11, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Old May 16, 2016, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
I am curious if anyone is able to book one-way award ticket with longer connection in IST. When you book online, the system will give you the first connection available, some of those are like under 2 hours
I am wondering the same thing.

I am trying to book a TK award ticket with an IST connection and the online system only shows me the first flight onwards, that leaves me only 1h 30min of transfer time. The next flight (it has award space left too) to my destination would leave me 7 hours of transfer time, but the system only shows the first flight. The same applies for any day. How to go about this?
Old May 26, 2016, 2:10 pm

Apparently people are very happy with the very short transit times at IST...
Old May 26, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by italian7
Miles&Similes
Actually, I find that miles&metaphors has better redemption rates for stopovers.

Sorry to detract from the thread, just found the title funny.
Old May 27, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by comfyincouch
I am wondering the same thing.

I am trying to book a TK award ticket with an IST connection and the online system only shows me the first flight onwards, that leaves me only 1h 30min of transfer time. The next flight (it has award space left too) to my destination would leave me 7 hours of transfer time, but the system only shows the first flight. The same applies for any day. How to go about this?
Have you tried to make the booking, choose pay later, and then calling TK to make the change? I can't see any other way to do it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.