Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

How to know which flights have economy comfort?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

I was flying IAH-IST last week and to my surprise, on asking for a better seat, I was upgraded to economy comfort that made the 10 hour flight very manageable. I am wondering if there is a way to find out which flights have economy plus and how to do an upgrade prior to getting to the airport?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
I believe all aircraft with Comfort will be refitted to only have economy and business. I think this is the last month that they'll be offering this cabin.

It's too bad, though. I loved the earning rates/comfort/price of this vs economy and the large difference between economy and business. However, too many people thought the same and would book comfort over business, hence loosing Turkish some $. I think that's what has caused them to refit the cabins.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

So, no way to know if my IST-IAH coming next week would have economy comfort or not?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:40 pm

Try booking a comfort seat. If it allows you then that cabin is offered. If it doesn't allow it then it isn't offered
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Paki81
So, no way to know if my IST-IAH coming next week would have economy comfort or not?
Comfort Class has been removed from the fleet.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
Comfort Class has been removed from the fleet.
it actually hasn't, but it only flies to a few destinations. when you try to book comfort class on TK website this is the message you get:

Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by omaralt
it actually hasn't, but it only flies to a few destinations. when you try to book comfort class on TK website this is the message you get:

TK hasn't updated the information on their website. Comfort Class has been removed from all routes. The last route that featured CC was IST <> YYZ.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:53 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
comfort class has been removed from the fleet and was never on the iahist route for the past 2 years at least.

the way it used to be was that comfort class was offered only on certain routes and only on certain fleet. you would know whether it was or was not available months before and fleet switches were extremely rare, especially for long haul.

ps iahist is 12 hours not 10.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 5:04 am

Good to know. Thanks for the info
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
OP was lucky to fly on an aircraft that wasn't modified. Happened to us too back in January from IAH to IST. We got ourselves CC seats due to being TK E (that's the very first time that status means something).
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
I flew with TC-JJJ in domestic (IST-ADB) at April, 6th which has CC seats (28C/63U/246Y)

There are only 5 birds left on the TK's fleet as of April, 14th.

TC-JJH Rumeli
TC-JJI Ege
TC-JJJ Erzurum
TC-JJK Akdeniz
TC-JJM Marmara (It's not active)

YYZ and CAN routes flyable with CC for last couple of days.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: United Mileageplus Primier 1K
Originally Posted by omaralt

However, when trying to book Comfort from one of the suggested airports (I only tried JFK and it was on a certain day) from the message, it automatically gives you business class.

Comfort is slowly being removed and sometimes, a plane that still has it comes to IAH but very rare now and even rarer as the complete transitioning out of Comfort and in with more Business finishes very soon (as read in past newspapers and confirmed with TK agents last month when I flew IAH-IST).

Sucks as I really liked Comfort class and used to book it often.

TK's website, much like its user-friendliness and grammar, are slow to be updated. Not to be reflected in the actual flight service as I am a big fan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.