Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CoweyB
Update January 2016: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus, Oneworld Emerald members, Emirates and Etihad Gold/Platinum and El Al Platinum/Top Platinum. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/01/2017 - CoweyB. There appear to be issues with TK automatically extending Elite membership for a second year even if the 15,000 status miles have been accumulated. Some FTers are reporting downgrades to Classic Plus instead
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:04 am

So it has now been around ~8 days since I requested the status match with Skyteam Elite Plus and I have yet to hear back...has anyone had any luck in dealing with customer service over the phone? Would it be better to do this via Twitter? Any tips appreciated.

Beginning to despair...everything would have been perfect with this match!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by krakalao
So it has now been around ~8 days since I requested the status match with Skyteam Elite Plus and I have yet to hear back...has anyone had any luck in dealing with customer service over the phone? Would it be better to do this via Twitter? Any tips appreciated.

Beginning to despair...everything would have been perfect with this match!
I find the @TK_HelpDesk account very good, I use them to reserve seats for me and they respond within a few hours.

Don't give up hope yet...
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: NZ*G
I have a question. I am Air New Zealand Gold, and I was able to get a Status Match from THY to become Miles&Smiles Elite - with the 4-month trial period, to be extended to 12-months if I took an International TK flight in the trial period. Unfortunately I won't be able to get on to a TK flight in that time-frame.

So, my question: at the end of my 4-months, will I drop back to Classic Plus? Or all the way back down to Classic?

I have TK flights booked for 2017, so my status will impact my earn-rate.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by NZGez
I have a question. I am Air New Zealand Gold, and I was able to get a Status Match from THY to become Miles&Smiles Elite - with the 4-month trial period, to be extended to 12-months if I took an International TK flight in the trial period. Unfortunately I won't be able to get on to a TK flight in that time-frame.

So, my question: at the end of my 4-months, will I drop back to Classic Plus? Or all the way back down to Classic?

I have TK flights booked for 2017, so my status will impact my earn-rate.
My guess is Classic but I don't know. It's a shame your TK flights are after the four month period.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by CoweyB
I find the @TK_HelpDesk account very good, I use them to reserve seats for me and they respond within a few hours.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Sent them a message via Twitter this morning quoting my case number asking for a follow-up on the status of my request. Received a response and within 2h I have received the e-mail granting the status match.

Now to book some flights!

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by CoweyB

You, sir, are a gentleman and scholar.

Took your advice and reached out to these folks on Twitter. Within 2h I received the e-mail for the status match which has been granted!

Now to find some Xmas tickets to SE Asia! Guess the only other question I have is these 15k 'status miles' - are all miles equal? If I buy the cheapest economy seat would these miles still count towards the 15k or is it impacted by % earnings (i.e. avios you get are 25% of miles on Economy for BA flights). I take it the Elite tier doesn't give you additional mileage?

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Last edited by krakalao; Sep 29, 2016 at 6:09 am Reason: Additional question
Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:08 am

That's great news! If you go to https://www4.thy.com/tkmiles/earn.tk you can enter your trips and you'll see how many miles you get.

Let us know how you get on.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:17 am

And now yet another question...what is TK's stance on Expedia bookings? Would they earn mileage and, more importantly, would they count for the 1 international flight?

I've reached out to the Customer Services team and their response was "...booking on other Star Alliance partners earns miles" - obviously not the question and not too helpful either....
Old Sep 30, 2016, 8:26 am

The challenge says it has to be a TK flight but doesn't say it has to be booked on the TK website. So as long as the booking has your M&S number I dare say you'll be fine. Neor can I see any reason why it wouldn't earn mileage - but if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will soon say so...
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:12 am

Having issues with TK. Trying to match my BA gold and since I only have my digital card (lost my physical) they refuse to match. Even tried to convince them to take my login info and check for themselves if my screenshots weren't enough l. But no dice and customer support both twitter and email are hopeless.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by fekman
Having issues with TK. Trying to match my BA gold and since I only have my digital card (lost my physical) they refuse to match. Even tried to convince them to take my login info and check for themselves if my screenshots weren't enough l. But no dice and customer support both twitter and email are hopeless.
Ring up the BA Gold line and get a replacement card sent out and start the process again. It shouldn't take too long.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:24 pm

Does anyone know if the required international TK flight to extend the status from the initial 4 months has to be a revenue ticket?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by godsquare
Does anyone know if the required international TK flight to extend the status from the initial 4 months has to be a revenue ticket?
If you don't earn miles for the flight, how will Miles & Smiles know that you flew TK?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by godsquare
I'm pretty sure it has to be a revenue flight - it's a challenge to fly with them to get the four months extended to a year.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
does anyone know if there any way currently of matching to turkish without a challenge.

Last edited by ermintrude; Oct 5, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.