Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CoweyB
Update January 2016: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus, Oneworld Emerald members, Emirates and Etihad Gold/Platinum and El Al Platinum/Top Platinum. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/01/2017 - CoweyB. There appear to be issues with TK automatically extending Elite membership for a second year even if the 15,000 status miles have been accumulated. Some FTers are reporting downgrades to Classic Plus instead
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Unhappy

Originally Posted by nmsondrej
Hi, exactly the same here. Card was downgraded to silver one just after one year; despite having accumulated 25000+ status miles... just few of them with TK though.
This is what I have just sent to TK.

Dear Miles and Smiles

My membership number is TKxxxxxxxx. I wish to complain about your failure to honour the status match challenge you gave me on 24 December 2015.

These are the facts.

On 28 September 2015 I joined Miles &Smiles.

I applied for a status match challenge and on 24 December you upgraded me to Elite membership for four months with the promise of an extension of Elite membership for a year if I took an international flight with Turkish Airways in that period.

I took that flight in February 2016 and my Elite status was extended to 26 December 2016 after I reminded you to do this.

The status match challenge said that "if 15,000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year Elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity will be 2 years".

On 23 October 2016 I accumulated 15,214 status miles but my Elite membership was not extended.

I contacted the Customer Relations Centre to advise them of this and on 7 November 2015 I received an email from Axxxx K (attached) saying "...when we checked your account we have seen that your card criteria has been fulfilled. Therefore your Elite membership will extend 1 year more on December 26th 2016. We kindly would like you to check your account after that date."

I did check my account after 26 December but I saw that you had not extended my Elite membership for another year but instead downgraded me to Classic Plus.

I am therefore asking you to reinstate my Elite membership for another year as was promised in the status match challenge the conditions of which I fully met.

I am attaching a copy of the email from Axxxx K and a screenshot of my account earlier in the year, both of which state that my Elite membership would be extended if I earned 15,000 status miles.

You will see from my account that I have earned 36,928 status miles.

I hope you will correct this mistake and reinstate my Elite membership as quickly as possible.

Kind regards
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by CoweyB
This is what I have just sent to TK.

Dear Miles and Smiles ...

I have the same problem, have been downgraded to Classic Plus, despite having fulfilled all requirements. I wrote TK several (similar) messages and I have still not received an answer.
I'm curious if you will get an answer.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:15 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
In order to declutter I have created a new thread for the TK status match from 2017 onwards. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...ch-2017-a.html

starflyergold
TK M&S forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.