Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CoweyB
Update January 2016: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus, Oneworld Emerald members, Emirates and Etihad Gold/Platinum and El Al Platinum/Top Platinum. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received

03/01/2016 - zap7
Multiple reports from December 16th 2015 onwards state that TK now only grants a match to 4 months "elite trial", requiring 1 international TK flight during the 4 months following the match to extend it to one year and 15000 k TK status miles during that year to extend elite status to 2 years:
Welcome Miles&Smiles Turkish Airlines' advantageous Frequent Flyer Programme. Elite card trial period will be valid for 4 months. As of start date of elite membership within 4 months trial period one international Turkish Airlines flight should be realised for extending your card validity date to 1 year, if 15.000 status miles accumulate at the end of the first year elite membership will extend 1 year more and the total validity date will be 2 years.
04/01/2017 - CoweyB. There appear to be issues with TK automatically extending Elite membership for a second year even if the 15,000 status miles have been accumulated. Some FTers are reporting downgrades to Classic Plus instead
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Mict
So just finished my 4 month trial (it was until June 4th) and I flew the TK international sector.
The website still shows me Elite but the expiration date is still 04/06/2016 (Which was 2 days ago...)

Anyone experienced something similar and how did you solve it?
Give it a couple of days unless you have an upcoming flight.

If you do give them a call
Old Jun 11, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Quick update:

Checked again today and my status was extended to 1 year, you don't need to call or email them, it just takes a few days to process I guess.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Mict
Quick update:

Checked again today and my status was extended to 1 year, you don't need to call or email them, it just takes a few days to process I guess.
is it 1 year from extension date or from match date?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vitrysk_kille
is it 1 year from extension date or from match date?
Match date
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:52 pm

Has anyone successfully matched with less than 3 months validity left on their other card?

Cheers
Old Jun 18, 2016, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by SkyWorld
Has anyone successfully matched with less than 3 months validity left on their other card?

Cheers
Try your luck you won't lose anything, but keep in mind one of the rules states that the card should have an expiry date no less than 3 months.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:54 pm

Programs: TK*G
I got matched back towards the beginning of last year so my M&S Elite card shows an expiry of 12/16. I re-qualified last July, and at the beginning of this year, my M&S account shows "CARD CRITERIA HAVE BEEN FULLFILLED."

I still haven't gotten a new card in the mail yet however, does anyone know when it would arrive?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: JMB Sapphire
Anyone applied with OW Sapphire recently?
Are they still not accepting it...?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by renners
Here is my report on whats happening after the 4 month.
The facts:
Challenge:
- 1 International TK flight for 1 year status
- + 15k miles for 2 years status

I did:
- 6 International TK flights
- + 32k miles in the trial period

Now tonight they upgraded my card but just for one year. There is now the new challenge shown to fly 15k miles. I have to say I'm disappointed as I already did 32k miles in the 4 month.
Wrote them a feedback to upgrade my card to two years.

I'll keep you posted on the feedback.

.... still waiting
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by tvsjohn
Anyone applied with OW Sapphire recently?
Are they still not accepting it...?
To be honest I don't think they will ever accept Sapphire.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
For those in the US who have not taken a TK flight during the elite trial membership yet, what will happen if the FAA ban on all flights to/from Turkey is not lifted before the end of the trial? Will TK extend the elite trial membership? Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bensim
For those in the US who have not taken a TK flight during the elite trial membership yet, what will happen if the FAA ban on all flights to/from Turkey is not lifted before the end of the trial? Will TK extend the elite trial membership? Thanks.
I would be very surprised if they granted any exceptions to the trial T&Cs.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by bensim
I want a pony and you want your Elite extension. Both are equally likely to happen by TK standards.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:13 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Once you are given the elite status trial for 4 months, can you fulfill the 15,000 miles to qualify for the second year extension before your first intl segment on TK?

I plan to match but will not fly TK until October and in the meantime I have a CM flight to SJO in Aug. and might go to HKG on UA in Sept. These two trips will easily meet the 15,000 miles requirement if I credit them to TK.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Hello, can anyone please confirm whether a TK international flight which is taken during the 4 months trial period will extend the validity of the elite membership by one year? Thanks.

Last edited by bensim; Jul 20, 2016 at 12:48 pm Reason: correction for typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.