Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sammyg901
Last Updated: 21 AUG 2021
Due to various changes to the TK IT-system booking partner awards has taken a great step back. Details below.

Online: Potentially working?

See recent (July 2022) posts - it seems possible to ticket *A online IF you can find availability. A lot of availability does not show. If you can see X or I class on ua.com but not on turkishairlines.com then likely a ticket office can assist

Since August 2021 the online *A ticket payment flow is broken ("continue" button does not appear on the credit card entry page) so transactions cannot be completed. No known workarounds

From 18 Nov 19, you may continue to book partner awards online for selected airlines, routes and options. Not all options that you could book with another partner is bookable through the TK website.

Availability could be checked online via the United website without being a MileagePlus member with the book with miles tool at the flight search engine. Note: For UA flights, check 'X' fare bucket, for other airlines check Saver Award.

TK Hotline: Partially working

From recent reports ( fall 2020 ) in this thread, it is now possible to book *A awards from the TK hotline although still, not all agents are capable to do it; you might need to HUACA multiple times to find an agent that knows how to book *A awards. Although, it's strongly suggested to make your own research on availability before calling them.

Sales Office: Working

A sales office could book *A award tickets. You could call, e-mail or visit them in person. Some offices do not answer phones or do not reply to e-mails so visiting them in person would improve your chances to book a *A award ticket.

First class award: Not working

TK has stopped issuing first class awards since at least September 2019.

Print Wikipost

Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
As near as I can tell, none of the TK regulars on FT has an infant. I've also asked a similar question in another thread.

I think it's 10% of the fare for international and simply forget about doing an infant on a partner. (via TK, although you can perhaps add one later with the operating carrier)
I can only provide feedback for a partner award: I booked two seats on TP using TK miles, then I called TP and bought an infant ticket. Note this is important: OP should not call the operating airline to ADD an infant to the TK issued ticket, but a completely new ticket has to be issued and somehow "linked" to the adult one. I then paid to TP the amount that I got on the matrix for an infant ticket.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:04 am

TK collects BR YQ.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:55 am

Smile Booking Via Call Centre

After much searching all over for a solution to book (on a Saturday evening in UK, midnight in Singapore, afternoon in New York - i.e. weekend) no less, I found a number that routes to a "Global Call Centre" that was helpful enough and able to book and issue (they are different after all, some places just book but require a visit to the office to pay and issue) Star Alliance award redemptions!

Call +44-2039911993 and speak to one of their agents - they are able to search, book and route you through 2 automated systems - one to key in the credit card and one to key in your Turkish pin to deduct the miles required!

Good luck!
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:42 pm

Mix of airlines still not possible?
Perhaps one airline + TK?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:54 pm

Mix of 2 star alliance airlines (non TK) possible.

How about First?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
No first class

Originally Posted by 336
How about First?
I last checked beginning of January and then TK was still blocking awards in first class.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:50 am

I have been trying with different ticket offices. No luck so far.

Despite United showing 3 available seats on a NH flight.

We do not have first class seat available for award ticket.
Unfortunately we can’t issue bonus tickets on first class, but only on economy or business class.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by 336
I have been trying with different ticket offices. No luck so far.

Despite United showing 3 available seats on a NH flight.
Are you trying to ticket a First Class or Business Class?

Where are you located? Try calling +44-2039911993 - they ticketed my Business Class NH award redemption
raporot likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:10 am

Thanks for your message.

This is about first class.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:42 am

Running into a weird quirk on the *A award search tool and wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I'm searching NYC-TYO, March 4 - March 17. The tool finds avail coach and biz seats without issue on both NH and UA on both out and inbound dates when I search one way, but when I run the search as a roundtrip, it displays no results and instead loops back to the initial search page where you input the flight details to search. I tried searching single airports (JFK/EWR vs NYC and NRT/HND vs TYO), which doesn't change the outcome. Odd since this seems opposite to what I've read that sometimes *A has to be booked as r/t and it has trouble with one ways.

Edit: Trying r/t searches on a bunch of different origin/destination and airline combinations, the above phenomenon keeps happening. One way tickets show up find, r/t searches loop back to the search box.

Last edited by darkice81; Feb 26, 2020 at 2:08 pm
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Tried to book UA flights for Jan 2021, 2 different TK reps advised that seats not are opened yet on their system? How far out do UA seats show for TK??? Does anyone know?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Tried to book UA flights for Jan 2021, 2 different TK reps advised that seats not are opened yet on their system? How far out do UA seats show for TK??? Does anyone know?
HUACA or contact a sales office. If there is 'X' inventory on United flights, regardless of the date TK should be able to book it.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
HUACA or contact a sales office. If there is 'X' inventory on United flights, regardless of the date TK should be able to book it.

Thanks will try HUCA a few more times later today.
Also, what is the best way to contact sales office? Do they prefer email or can I call them?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Thanks will try HUCA a few more times later today.
Also, what is the best way to contact sales office? Do they prefer email or can I call them?
Depends on your local sales office.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Anyone have a recommended office? Have tried 3, can't get them to respond to my email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.