Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sammyg901
Last Updated: 21 AUG 2021
Due to various changes to the TK IT-system booking partner awards has taken a great step back. Details below.

Online: Potentially working?

See recent (July 2022) posts - it seems possible to ticket *A online IF you can find availability. A lot of availability does not show. If you can see X or I class on ua.com but not on turkishairlines.com then likely a ticket office can assist

Since August 2021 the online *A ticket payment flow is broken ("continue" button does not appear on the credit card entry page) so transactions cannot be completed. No known workarounds

From 18 Nov 19, you may continue to book partner awards online for selected airlines, routes and options. Not all options that you could book with another partner is bookable through the TK website.

Availability could be checked online via the United website without being a MileagePlus member with the book with miles tool at the flight search engine. Note: For UA flights, check 'X' fare bucket, for other airlines check Saver Award.

TK Hotline: Partially working

From recent reports ( fall 2020 ) in this thread, it is now possible to book *A awards from the TK hotline although still, not all agents are capable to do it; you might need to HUACA multiple times to find an agent that knows how to book *A awards. Although, it's strongly suggested to make your own research on availability before calling them.

Sales Office: Working

A sales office could book *A award tickets. You could call, e-mail or visit them in person. Some offices do not answer phones or do not reply to e-mails so visiting them in person would improve your chances to book a *A award ticket.

First class award: Not working

TK has stopped issuing first class awards since at least September 2019.

Print Wikipost

Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: Miles&Smiles
Response to DOT complaint

Finally heard back in regards to the compliant submitted to DOT on TK unable to issue United and Air Canada award tickets which include domestic segments. No solution in sight but the agent wrote they “hope” for a solution “very soon”:

“We would like to inform you that we are unfortunately still working on abolishing the technical issues and hope that we will have the solution very soon. During our investigation, we determined that you did not lose any miles from your account as there was no deduction and or expiring miles.

We regret the fact that we could not assist you with your inquiry due to unforeseen technical issue, but hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back aboard a Turkish Airlines flight in the near future.”

Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
DELETED

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Mar 6, 2019 at 2:42 am Reason: Not Appropriate
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:55 pm
soy

Programs: various
there’s only one way to find out......but posting it in public is a sure fire way of killing it.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Finally managed to get through TK's website in order to issue a domestic OW ticket on UA. If you have any software friends who can interface directly with their APIs while bypassing their frontend, you too can issue tickets without talking to anyone. The process is error-prone and requires a lot of manually writing JSON.

It issues correctly at the expected miles price + $5.60.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:36 pm

Can you share the HTML/JSON code so we can play with it too on the TK API platform?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
It seems the star booking site is working now for N/A flights? I was able to find relatively straight forward mainline AC/UA flights out of YYZ to YVR, SFO, LAX, IAH, etc. No YQ on UA, regular YQ on AC (lower than AP).

khkchan likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:17 am

I think it might be a bit premature to say that it’s “working”. I tried some twenty domestic routes for which I know there is AC and UA availability. Only one came up as available (but for really few miles and taxes!) and of course the “one way” option hasn’t been added yet. I suspect that the call center is unable to book these either but I haven’t tried yet.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by ericw
It seems the star booking site is working now for N/A flights? I was able to find relatively straight forward mainline AC/UA flights out of YYZ to YVR, SFO, LAX, IAH, etc. No YQ on UA, regular YQ on AC (lower than AP).

Did you actually book it? Because I can get through until the point where I would put in my credit card, and continue to payment does absolutely nothing. And I emailed a few days ago to confirm with my local sales office that the system is still down.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by tmj143
Did you actually book it? Because I can get through until the point where I would put in my credit card, and continue to payment does absolutely nothing. And I emailed a few days ago to confirm with my local sales office that the system is still down.
No, I didn't go through the whole process and I definitely see less availability than AP or UAMP.
At least it is a good sign that TK is doing something.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:26 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by xfisgsm
Finally managed to get through TK's website in order to issue a domestic OW ticket on UA. If you have any software friends who can interface directly with their APIs while bypassing their frontend, you too can issue tickets without talking to anyone. The process is error-prone and requires a lot of manually writing JSON.

It issues correctly at the expected miles price + $5.60.
Did you book a TK award through an API ?
I can't find which one.
Could you tell me ?
Thanks
Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by mdbe
Has anyone gotten an O Class (first) award issued recently. I’m being told system won’t issue f/c awards anymore even though you can make a reservation through the call center.
Can anyone provide update regarding First class awards? Can they be actually issued after reservation is made??
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:18 pm

Can confirm Domestic awards on United are back. Sent an email to the ticketing office, got push back to call center initially, but later they were able to create an itinerary and sent the authorization forms.

As mentioned earlier, 2 forms (one for miles redemption, one for credit card authorization), copy of DL and copy of card (front and back). Only US cards accepted.

15k miles RT + $11.20, no fuel surcharges.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by soy
DP - Set up a reservation about a week ago. Asked them to hold it while I transferred over citi TYP.
That took about 4 days. Then contacted BOS office to ticket. All done very efficiently over email and could use my credit card for taxes. Tickets now issued.

Award is a one way TG-TG in business.

When setting it up heard all sorts of nonsense from the call center. They either could not see the seats, or if they could would claim that they can only issue as 2 separate awards.
can share BOS offcie email ?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:39 pm

1 BR 216 I SA 21SEP SINTPE HK1 X 1510 1950 E
2 BR 61 I SA 21SEP TPEVIE HK1 2230 0835*1E
>FQ*FFY//AWARDST
PSGR FARE TAXES TOTAL PSG DES
FQA 1 AUD AWARD 337.50 337.50 FFY

email SYD office ask for EVA award redemption , need AUD337.50 for tax , seen like TK charging YQ for EVA
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:06 pm

Just booked PNI-TKK UA 154 island hopper through the YYZ office. the IST call centre had problem locating TKK airport (which is not included in the list of airports on TK.com).
Sales office uses a different DOS-like generic booking system and had no problem entering "TKK".

I did have to tell the agent at YYZ office that it's a domestic flight costing only 7500 miles, instead of 15000 miles for regular in-region flights. She had to change some entry to get the correct mileage. 0 tax on this route.

Overall, it seems the system is now working. Finally!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.