Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles

Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles

Reply

Old Jan 21, 19, 4:21 am
  #391  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: YYZ
Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat. Elite
Posts: 215
Originally Posted by onlysuites View Post
Just $4 taxes?
Yep. $4.10 CDN to be exact.
jbjelloid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 19, 8:18 am
  #392  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Programs: TK*G, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold
Posts: 526
I just talked to TK YYZ office again.

They confirmed that "only on AC and UA we are not able to redeem points and issue award tickets but for other star alliance airlines we had no problem".

Not ideal for someone YYZ-based... but at least there are still ways to burn my TK miles.
ericw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 19, 11:20 am
  #393  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: LA
Programs: TK *G
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by ericw View Post
I just talked to TK YYZ office again.

They confirmed that "only on AC and UA we are not able to redeem points and issue award tickets but for other star alliance airlines we had no problem".

Not ideal for someone YYZ-based... but at least there are still ways to burn my TK miles.
If only my miles weren't expired now... and it looks like people were having problems with other carriers too. I tried booking other *A flights out of the US and it wouldn't let me do that either.

I highly recommend everyone who is US-based fill out a air travel complaint form with the Department of Transportation: https://airconsumer.dot.gov/escompla...nsumerForm.cfm or fill out the equivalent in your country. This is at the point of absurdity.
tmj143 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 19, 1:12 pm
  #394  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: Rapidly decreasing - BA Silver, O6 *G, HH DIA, Mrr PLT, Assorted debris
Posts: 2,441
DP - Set up a reservation about a week ago. Asked them to hold it while I transferred over citi TYP.
That took about 4 days. Then contacted BOS office to ticket. All done very efficiently over email and could use my credit card for taxes. Tickets now issued.

Award is a one way TG-TG in business.

When setting it up heard all sorts of nonsense from the call center. They either could not see the seats, or if they could would claim that they can only issue as 2 separate awards.
soy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 5:53 am
  #395  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: TK E+, DL platinum
Posts: 1,166
I have gone through this thread, but do not see any posts talking about booking start awards online on tk website.

I saw a link on my miles transactions page.
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-n...award-tickets/

Does anyone has any experience booking star awards online?
Culture Guru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 6:09 am
  #396  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: zurich
Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Posts: 358
where I can click "one way" ?
northernstar84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 6:12 am
  #397  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: zurich
Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Posts: 358
northernstar84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 6:19 am
  #398  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: TK E+, DL platinum
Posts: 1,166
there is no one-way button i know...
Culture Guru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 7:13 am
  #399  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CGH(GRU)
Programs: OWE(BA),*A G(TK E+),Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors D
Posts: 660
Originally Posted by northernstar84 View Post
where I can click "one way" ?
Originally Posted by Culture Guru View Post
there is no one-way button i know...
There is one way button when you open the dates.
Jaenks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 8:05 am
  #400  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 4,974
Originally Posted by soy View Post

When setting it up heard all sorts of nonsense from the call center. They either could not see the seats, or if they could would claim that they can only issue as 2 separate awards.
Yeah, this is also my experience/very common with the TK call center agents. I tell you, trying to get a stopover at BKK for an award EU-Asia (return) with TG (only TG flights; no other carriers involved)...good luck!
SK AAR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 8:23 am
  #401  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: TK E+, DL platinum
Posts: 1,166
Originally Posted by Jaenks View Post
There is one way button when you open the dates.
I dont think so - at least not for the star award. If you book an award with TK - yes, there is!
Culture Guru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 9:01 am
  #402  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: Rapidly decreasing - BA Silver, O6 *G, HH DIA, Mrr PLT, Assorted debris
Posts: 2,441
Anyone know how to get seat assignments for a TK award on Thai?

TK website is useless (no surprise), but when I emailed TG office in CPH, I was surprised to hear that they cannot assign seats either until T-24. It seems they cannot access the TK booking (I provided them with ticket numbers and PNR). I also notice that TK do not allow access via checkmytrip.
Am travelling with small kids so want to get 2x honeymoon pairs on the 77w
soy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 12:12 pm
  #403  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: FCO
Posts: 356
Originally Posted by soy View Post
Anyone know how to get seat assignments for a TK award on Thai?

TK website is useless (no surprise), but when I emailed TG office in CPH, I was surprised to hear that they cannot assign seats either until T-24. It seems they cannot access the TK booking (I provided them with ticket numbers and PNR). I also notice that TK do not allow access via checkmytrip.
Am travelling with small kids so want to get 2x honeymoon pairs on the 77w
Can't you select the seats on TG's website? (I suppose you're flying in business)
Sciamano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 12:41 pm
  #404  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: Rapidly decreasing - BA Silver, O6 *G, HH DIA, Mrr PLT, Assorted debris
Posts: 2,441
Originally Posted by Sciamano View Post
Can't you select the seats on TG's website? (I suppose you're flying in business)
Nope, I can bring up the booking on the Thai site using the TG PNR, but no seat option is showing.
Travelling in business
soy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 19, 12:57 pm
  #405  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: FCO
Posts: 356
Originally Posted by soy View Post
Nope, I can bring up the booking on the Thai site using the TG PNR, but no seat option is showing.
Travelling in business
Strange. I'm even able to do it from on the app (TG).
Maybe you can ask on Thai Forum because I think this has nothing to do with Tk.
Sciamano is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread