Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles

Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles

Old Nov 14, 18, 1:09 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Jaenks View Post
Two awards. Book HND-FRA in F and purchase FRA-PRG in Y because it is cheap and short flight. Then call to LH F line and ask combine the tickets. That is what I did.
thatís a fantastic tip, should work for all the LH feeder flights to FRA!
Old Nov 14, 18, 3:40 pm

Programs: OWE(BA),*A G(TK E+),Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors D
Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post

thatís a fantastic tip, should work for all the LH feeder flights to FRA!
When landed at FRA to connect F the car was waiting at the Apron and took to terminal. Without combining the tickets you will get the bus ride when parking at field.
Old Nov 14, 18, 3:44 pm

Programs: OWE(BA),*A G(TK E+),Marriott Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors D
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler View Post
Booked an F class ticket on LH FRA-KWI last week. Called the tollfree number and was told no f class but when I told her to search for O class, she was able to book it, and took 35,500 miles from my account. The confirmation email says it was in economy class though. Arrived at IST airport an hour later and the sales dept was not sure if it was in F class because she couldnīt see it but when I told her I redeemed 35,500 miles which is for F class, she said it was ok. Paid 1,171.17 Turkish Lira for taxes and surcharge. All in all, it was a smooth process
That is the TK IT. Even my current partner airline J flight shows economy on TK website but BR website shows business and seats were selected to business as it should be.
Old Nov 15, 18, 9:21 am

Programs: A3 Gold, KF Classic, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Diamond, M&C Loyalty Gold
any idea what is the charges for Star Alliance rewards dates change?
Old Nov 15, 18, 3:31 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC
Originally Posted by yauee View Post
any idea what is the charges for Star Alliance rewards dates change?
I don't have first hand experience but the terms on TK's site state that the fee is $25 US:

Originally Posted by https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-gb/miles-and-smiles/awards/index.html
TRY 50 is collected in domestic flights and USD 25 is collected in international flights per transaction.
I'd love to hear from someone who's actually made changes to their rewards booking.
Old Nov 16, 18, 2:15 am

Programs: TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post
I don't have first hand experience but the terms on TK's site state that the fee is $25 US:

I'd love to hear from someone who's actually made changes to their rewards booking.
I havenīt done a change myself but the 25USD change fee is what the agent told me when I booked my LH award last week.
Old Nov 25, 18, 11:20 am

Did anyone experience miles credit (10k Elite/15k Elite plus) by redeeming a artner award through phone or ticket office? Through the new online page it's possible.
Old Nov 25, 18, 12:19 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Tifosi View Post

I have changed a ticket before. $25 fee applies.
Old Nov 26, 18, 7:32 pm

Problems issuing Star Alliance award ticket with Miles & Smiles

Anyone else having this problem right now?

I've made a reservation for FRA-BLR in LH F for Dec 5. No problems at the call center at first. Then at the ticket office when I was about to pay the taxes they tried, for hours, to issue the ticket. Not working. I've visited both the Stockholm and Brussels office, same result. They simply can't deduct the miles from my account in order to issue the ticket. They blame this on the "upgrade" of the Miles & Smiles system last week (when it was down for a couple of days). Have been trying to issue the ticket almost a week now. Haven't really got a clue how to proceed.

Has anyone managed to complete a Star Alliace award booking with Miles & Smiles after the system was down last week? If so, how, and at which ticket office?
Old Nov 27, 18, 12:56 am

Programs: TK*G
If i remember well, LH doesn't permit to book award F out of Miles&More
Old Nov 27, 18, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by monopod View Post
I have changed a ticket before. $25 fee applies.
Was it on TK metal or partner? Did you change only the dates or also the routing (always with same miles amount)? In the latter case and with higher taxes, did you pay the new whole amount and TK refund the original amount or you were simply asked to pay the difference?

Last edited by Sciamano; Nov 27, 18 at 2:52 am Reason: partner award
Old Nov 27, 18, 2:27 am

Programs: TK*G
What about if, booking award ticket with technical stop, i get off and skip the second leg?
I ask it because i've seen months ago an itinerary with less miles and taxes needed
Old Nov 27, 18, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Maux View Post
What about if, booking award ticket with technical stop, i get off and skip the second leg?
I ask it because i've seen months ago an itinerary with less miles and taxes needed
This is immaterial to a TK award, but it might be a bad idea for immigration purposes, because the onward flight might be blocked until the passenger count matches the manifest, and of course it would be impossible with checked luggage.
Old Nov 27, 18, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
This is immaterial to a TK award, but it might be a bad idea for immigration purposes, because the onward flight might be blocked until the passenger count matches the manifest, and of course it would be impossible with checked luggage.
I would "become ill" or something and inform cabin crew. Sneaking off the airplane could indeed result in some unpleasant consequences and make you very unpopular with the airline.
Old Nov 27, 18, 7:33 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
If i remember well, LH doesn't permit to book award F out of Miles&More
Itís definitely possible to book LH F using TK M&S (see the *A Award booking thread), but inventory is very hard to come by and calculating taxes/fees can be a challenge for TK agents.
From what OP writes, there is now a (hopefully temporary) roadblock that they canít deduct the required miles because of the IT update.

Hope they manage to sort you out, OP, itís a fun experience!

Search this Thread