FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   APIS and ESTA in Turkish Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1723984-apis-esta-turkish-airlines.html)

MrJBoy Sep 8, 12 1:16 pm

APIS?
 
I'm looking at my reservation at their website.
There is a place called APIS under ticket number.
When I click on it, it shows my information incorrectly.
I tried to correct them, but I need to fill all information to go to the next screen.
I don't need VISA to enter Turkey, but is this info for US immigration?

headhunterke Sep 9, 12 4:20 pm

Do you have an onward flight out of Turkey? Normally, Turkey doesn't require do pass on APIS. They however often do if you have a connecting flight, depending on the destination.

makhdoom Sep 9, 12 6:07 pm


Originally Posted by MrJBoy (Post 19278020)
I don't need VISA to enter Turkey, but is this info for US immigration?

Yes, for US immigration / Customs and Border Patrol.

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/..._factsheet.pdf

headhunterke Sep 9, 12 8:28 pm

I didn't know CBP also needed API for outbound flights. Again learned something new ;)

MrJBoy Sep 10, 12 4:38 pm


Originally Posted by headhunterke (Post 19283863)
Do you have an onward flight out of Turkey? Normally, Turkey doesn't require do pass on APIS. They however often do if you have a connecting flight, depending on the destination.

Yes, I continue to NRT the next day.

FlyingOnceMore Sep 10, 12 5:56 pm

I did GRU-IST-DUB the other day and the check-in desk did it all. Must have taken him two minutes of typing to get it all done. So it's APIS, kinda sort of; just not very much in 'Advance'

headhunterke Sep 10, 12 6:41 pm

It means Advanced Passport Information, not advance ;-)
And yes, you don't need to do it in advance, the agent does need to swipe the passport anyway in pretty much most of the cases. Or if he's unlucky and has a regular passport, need to type it :D

FlyingOnceMore Sep 10, 12 7:04 pm

APIS: Advance Passenger Information System (Dept of Homeland Security website)
APIS: Advanced Passenger Information System (U.S. Customs and Border Protection website)
API: Advance Passenger Information (UK Border Agency)

etc. etc....

Even Washington can''t decide on the meaning of one acronym!

I do have a swipe and chip in my passport but he still had to do it the tap, tap, tap old fashioned way. I'm not even sure his keyboard actually had a swipe slot.....

headhunterke Sep 10, 12 7:54 pm

I know here in Europe we call it Advanced ;-)
Whatever, it's just the data of the passport, regardless what you call it.
Those keyboards tend to refuse operation far too much (at least the ones we have) and that's darn frustrating. Or even more frustrating is when your swipe actually does work and you get an old fashioned passport without readable info and are forced to type everything. I shiver when I see people from Morocco in my line as half of those passports still aren't able to swipe. The horror... :p

starflyergold Sep 11, 12 12:41 am


Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore (Post 19291190)
APIS: Advance Passenger Information System (Dept of Homeland Security website)
APIS: Advanced Passenger Information System (U.S. Customs and Border Protection website)
API: Advance Passenger Information (UK Border Agency)

etc. etc....

http://bit.ly/OmRoAU :D

luziferccc Nov 2, 15 8:25 am

APIS information - help
 
Hi everyone
So I just booked a flight with Turkish from HAM to SFO via IST.
As we all know the USA require APIS data I think 72hours befor the flight.
Now I am logging into the booking on the Turkish Airlines Homepage and cannot enter the data (the customer service lady on the phone couldn't understand my problem)

- I can enter my personal data, passport information, current address, and address in the the usa just fine but now comes my problem:

They want me to fill out visa information before I can click to the next page or save the information. Problem is that I am traveling on the Visa Waiver Program, so there is no visa with visa number, etc.
I did get the ESTA approval which is another thing and not relevant for APIS.
What do I do now? Any ideas on how that can be solved? I mean, if I cannot enter the information 72hours before the flight I'll have a problem?

TlvLove Nov 2, 15 9:09 am

Hi Luzifer, welcome to FT. had similar problems in the past, entered everything but VISA data but couldn't save it. TKs WEB/IT system is quirky...
two things you can do : 1) try accessing it with another browser
2) dont panic - TK check in staff at counter in HAM will probably verify your APIS data before boarding HAM-IST, and if they don't - someone at IST surely will.
TK flights IST-SFO usually do additional passport checks at boarding gate for APIS/VISA.

bon voyage

duvin Nov 2, 15 10:32 pm


Originally Posted by luziferccc (Post 25651018)
Hi everyone
So I just booked a flight with Turkish from HAM to SFO via IST.
As we all know the USA require APIS data I think 72hours befor the flight.
Now I am logging into the booking on the Turkish Airlines Homepage and cannot enter the data (the customer service lady on the phone couldn't understand my problem)

- I can enter my personal data, passport information, current address, and address in the the usa just fine but now comes my problem:

They want me to fill out visa information before I can click to the next page or save the information. Problem is that I am traveling on the Visa Waiver Program, so there is no visa with visa number, etc.
I did get the ESTA approval which is another thing and not relevant for APIS.
What do I do now? Any ideas on how that can be solved? I mean, if I cannot enter the information 72hours before the flight I'll have a problem?

Your data will be entered during checkin (either online or by an agent). The APIS data page for reservations doesn't work for anyone.

olko Nov 12, 15 10:29 am

APIS and ESTA in Turkish Airlines
 
Hello, I just booked a Turkish Airlines flight BUD -> IST -> JFK and I want to fill APIS information in my bookings menu, but there is only Visa Info option and I am going to USA on ESTA. I cant enter my ESTA number, it wont let me click on Next. What should I do? As far as I know, APIS is required while flying to US.

Thank you very much

Ocn Vw 1K Nov 12, 15 10:33 am

olko, welcome to FlyerTalk! As your concern appears to be with Turkish Airlines' booking engine, let me move this to that airline's own FlyerTalk forum, for more discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:51 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.