Community
Wiki Posts
Search

APIS and ESTA in Turkish Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Palmer
TK still don't appear to have sorted this issue. I am unable to proceed from this page because it requires details of my visa. I don't have a visa. My passport falls under the Visa Waiver Program. I don't have that information.

I don't particularly want to faff around at an airport check-in desk. I travel with hand baggage only and avoid any sort of transactions or queues etc. at desks, preferring to go directly to security. I'll be connecting to TK airside in any event.

Can this be done over the phone or the at the gate?

Palmer

I would be doing this over the phone Palmer before you arrive at the airport as you never can tell how long the queues will be. I would want full confirmation of my ESTA and API before I travel rather than be denied boarding or delayed.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by danielonn
I would be doing this over the phone Palmer before you arrive at the airport as you never can tell how long the queues will be. I would want full confirmation of my ESTA and API before I travel rather than be denied boarding or delayed.
Thank you.

I'll give TK a call during the week when I get a minute. I tried to access my booking from my Miles & Smiles account to see if there was anyway of linking the two and in the hope that the information might be stored somewhere from a previous booking but it doesn't appear possible. I can't recall what information I entered when I booked - but I did book directly with TK online.

I've had my latest ESTA since July and I travelled to New York in August, so the ESTA shouldn't be an issue.

Palmer
Old Oct 26, 2016, 5:14 am

I'll give TK a call during the week when I get a minute.
I've just got off the phone with TK. I didn't get very far. I asked three times for the customer service representative to update my reservation with my passport details. I explained twice that I couldn't do this online and that I wanted to enter my APIS details (I explained APIS and why it was required).

The CS rep said that as long as my date of birth was in the reservation then I was 'good to go' and 'nothing else is required'. He did confirm my date of birth.

I couldn't get him to budge on entering any other data even though I emphasised that the information was required for entry into the USA. I did a dummy booking yesterday on the TK website. It didn't ask for my passport details at any point before I got to the payment page. I'm quite certain that TK don't have this information.

I'll just have to sort it out at the airport.

Palmer
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I've just got off the phone with TK. I didn't get very far. I asked three times for the customer service representative to update my reservation with my passport details. I explained twice that I couldn't do this online and that I wanted to enter my APIS details (I explained APIS and why it was required).

The CS rep said that as long as my date of birth was in the reservation then I was 'good to go' and 'nothing else is required'. He did confirm my date of birth.

I couldn't get him to budge on entering any other data even though I emphasised that the information was required for entry into the USA. I did a dummy booking yesterday on the TK website. It didn't ask for my passport details at any point before I got to the payment page. I'm quite certain that TK don't have this information.
I'll just have to sort it out at the airport.

Palmer
The TK call center is horrible and I can feel your pain. From misleading information to not willing to cooperate, I've heard it all.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:50 am

Apis

Hello
In apis form on Turkish airlines site there is box where it says apis.label.visacity/en. I really dont know what does it mean.
anybody with same problem so far.
just for in i fly to usa.
tnx
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by EfendiCandee
Hello
In apis form on Turkish airlines site there is box where it says apis.label.visacity/en. I really dont know what does it mean.
anybody with same problem so far.
just for in i fly to usa.
tnx
Welcome to FT and the TK forums, EfendiCandee!

To better assist you, would you please post a screenshot of the issue.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:39 am

This is screenshot of APIS form, for Turkish Airlines
Attached Images  
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:41 am

This is screenshot of APIS form, for Turkish Airlines
The first field is to enter in where the visa was issued.

The other one is your home address.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:44 am

Tnx for quick answer, but I still don't get it:
In box VISA INFO, "Valid Country" - I should write here the country where the visa is issued, or country where I go to ( USA )
In box VISA INFO, "apis.label.visacity/en" - What should I write here???? J have no idea by the description.
In box "apis.legend.residenceaddress/en" - Here I should write my personal address from my passport??? But the problem is when I choose my country in field, in the field for "state" it only gives me states in USA.

tnx in advance
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Tnx for quick answer, but I still don't get it:
In box VISA INFO, "Valid Country" - I should write here the country where the visa is issued, or country where I go to ( USA )
In box VISA INFO, "apis.label.visacity/en" - What should I write here???? J have no idea by the description.
In box "apis.legend.residenceaddress/en" - Here I should write my personal address from my passport??? But the problem is when I choose my country in field, in the field for "state" it only gives me states in USA.

tnx in advance
The APIS info page has never worked properly for me (Visa-free travel). they've always entered the passport details at check-in.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
So, has anyone actually decrypted that screenshot above?

I have ESTA. What is visa number? I have my ESTA printout, and the application number isn't accepted here.

What is "apis.label.visacity/en"? I seem to be able to write whatever I want.

What is Valid Country under the Visa Info? USA?

No wonder I've stopped flying with this dysfunctional airline...

Has ANYONE here been able to fill this one in when travelling on ESTA and the Visa Waiver program?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Why don't you let the check-in agent at the airport scan your passport/type in the information needed at check-in? No need for you to do it in advance/yourself. Most likely any information you enter will be overwritten by the agent at check-in.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Why don't you let the check-in agent at the airport scan your passport/type in the information needed at check-in? No need for you to do it in advance/yourself. Most likely any information you enter will be overwritten by the agent at check-in.
Well, I guess I have to. But why have a page to enter this information, if it's impossible to enter it?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by johhenrik
Well, I guess I have to. But why have a page to enter this information, if it's impossible to enter it?
It works a bit better in the app. But principally, there is no need for the page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.