Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:13 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Miles credited within two days, and there was no problems accessing the lounge despite the BP showing TK*B.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC 75k, IHG Plat, TK Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, HH Gold
I flew yesterday with newly matched Elite status and no problem with AC recognizing TK*G on the AC leg although AC claimed they could print last leg despite giving my colleague all three boarding passes (he was using Altitude FF number).
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: TK E+
I travel with SK at least 15 times a year, and I have not one single time had this issue. My boarding passes always show *G and I can use the automatic doors into the lounges (I'm E+ and not E though).
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
When using the fast track at Riga Airport, it came up green on the screen despite my boarding pass showing TK*B. So I think it's just an issue on SK's end. The status is still showing up in the system, regardless of what the boarding pass says.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: Airpoints Elite
FWIW, UA is not seeing my TK status on domestic flights this week, but it accepts my number and assigns it to the reservation.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gradientdescent
FWIW, UA is not seeing my TK status on domestic flights this week, but it accepts my number and assigns it to the reservation.
I just checked in for my UA DTW-ORD flight with my TK Elite card and it shows *G as well as Premier Access. (But I have an onward Intl flight so maybe that has something to do with it...)
I would call UA to get that fixed.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
status not showing in BP

I have been MS Elite since Oct last year. However I have yet to see *G in my SK or LH boarding passes. In LH flights it shows TK P and in SK it shows TK Basic. Check in agents also havent been able to help either. Any suggestions ?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite | Marriott Platinum | Southwest A-List Preferred | AA Gold
If you booked the ticket before being elite, it could show your old status. This happened to me, but the agent changed it in the computer and gave me a new BP.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by starBora
If you booked the ticket before being elite, it could show your old status. This happened to me, but the agent changed it in the computer and gave me a new BP.
This is not the case, all the bookings have been made after being elite (some of the bookings very recently).
Old Apr 2, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by lento
This is not the case, all the bookings have been made after being elite (some of the bookings very recently).
Remove it from your reservations and add it again! At check-in, if *G doesn't show up, then ask the agent to remove it from the reservation, and add it on her side, and print the 'new' BP with *G. It usually solves most of the problem. Hope it helps!
Old Apr 2, 2016, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Remove it from your reservations and add it again! At check-in, if *G doesn't show up, then ask the agent to remove it from the reservation, and add it on her side, and print the 'new' BP with *G. It usually solves most of the problem. Hope it helps!
Removing and adding again did not help. I have a flight in few hours, I will ask the agent to do as you said. let's see. I will report back.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by lento
Removing and adding again did not help. I have a flight in few hours, I will ask the agent to do as you said. let's see. I will report back.
well....that did not work. Check in agent even tried to mark it as *G but her system rejected it ( that's what she told me). There was no problem in lounge access though as I have plastic with me.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:38 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...tus-g-saa.html

I messaged TK and they said that, after some careful research, there is an underlying issue with Star Alliance Amadeus and Star Alliance PCD hub system. I have no idea what PCD stands for. They hope to have this issue resolved soon apparently.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
There seems to be glitch that some Star Alliance carriers do not recognize each others *G's e.g. this and SQ and TK not recognizing O6*G
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
There seems to be glitch that some Star Alliance carriers do not recognize each others *G's e.g. this and SQ and TK not recognizing O6*G
My trouble is having TK recognize not just my status, but my [UA] FFP # in general. It wouldn't let me add it during booking, nor could the phone agents do anything despite some clever thinking that it may have something to do with how my name is formatted on my ticket versus the way it is formatted with UA MP. I posted on the Newbie thread about this a month ago. I'll see in a few days whether I can get my FFP# added at check-in at the outstation in PRN using my *G card.

It's just strange, because TK is the only *A partner who has trouble pinning my FFP # with my reservation. I book OS flights on the OS website all the time, and they don't have a Middle Name box either (I don't think). So, I put FIRST MIDDLE in the First Name box on OS, and they always take my FFP #.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.