Wiki Posts
Search

777 business class seat recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:01 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by italdesign
Thanks. What about order of service, is mini cabin served after the main cabin (or is less attentive) like on some airlines? Don't want to marginalize the famous catering experience

I generally like mini cabins, but not a fan of the "everyone in Y walks past you" thing.
The same F/A's are working from front towards the end of the cabin.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TPJ
The same F/A's are working from front towards the end of the cabin.
Meaning mini cabin is served after main cabin, right? I.e. higher change of food choice running out

Last edited by italdesign; Aug 29, 2017 at 10:13 am
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:48 am

Just took 2 long hall flights on TK recently. The food is disgusting. Many mistakes on order. I think it is about the same as aeromexico now.

The seats aren't so good on the 777.

What a disappointment because my expectations were high based on previous reports
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:44 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Meaning mini cabin is served after main cabin, right? I.e. higher change of food choice running out
Might happen. I have never flown in the second cabin, so cannot really tell.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I was in 7A a few weeks ago, J cabin almost full, and had no issues in that regard.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Just took 2 long hall flights on TK recently. The food is disgusting. Many mistakes on order. I think it is about the same as aeromexico now.

The seats aren't so good on the 777.

What a disappointment because my expectations were high based on previous reports
Were you in J or Y? Strange you ran into this on both flights so I have to ask: (without malice, genuinely curious) Are you especially picky and/or you maybe just don't like their Turkish twist on dishes?

There are plenty of reasons to hate on TK, such as complicated award booking process, call center, website, ground crew at IST, IRROPS and so on, but people generally enjoy the food.

The worst I've run into was köfte in Y that wasn't heated right. They brought me a hot one when I asked. And they ran out of muesli once in J.

I had a weird chilled melon soup in LH F last week that really didn't work for me. Does that mean that the food is bad? I think not.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by gr8pirate
Were you in J or Y? Strange you ran into this on both flights so I have to ask: (without malice, genuinely curious) Are you especially picky and/or you maybe just don't like their Turkish twist on dishes?

There are plenty of reasons to hate on TK, such as complicated award booking process, call center, website, ground crew at IST, IRROPS and so on, but people generally enjoy the food.

The worst I've run into was köfte in Y that wasn't heated right. They brought me a hot one when I asked. And they ran out of muesli once in J.

I had a weird chilled melon soup in LH F last week that really didn't work for me. Does that mean that the food is bad? I think not.
I was in J.
I ordered the salmon tartare and prawn for starter and got the turkish mezze inexplicably.
Breakfast cards were collected shortly after take off but somehow I got wrong breakfast both time.
the main courses, the gnocchi, was like a reheated TV dinner.
I went with another option the second flight, the beef, and it was way over cooked.
The only decent thing was some desserts and the bread with their turkish olive oil and spices.

wine is of the lowest quality. The turkish wine, all 3, were undrinkable. they serve mumms champagne which is another terrible option.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: TK E/*G, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
I was in J.
I ordered the salmon tartare and prawn for starter and got the turkish mezze inexplicably.
Breakfast cards were collected shortly after take off but somehow I got wrong breakfast both time.
the main courses, the gnocchi, was like a reheated TV dinner.
I went with another option the second flight, the beef, and it was way over cooked.
The only decent thing was some desserts and the bread with their turkish olive oil and spices.

wine is of the lowest quality. The turkish wine, all 3, were undrinkable. they serve mumms champagne which is another terrible option.
I flew NYC-IST in J a few weeks ago and had a rather pleasant experience. While I will say the beef was a bit over cooked, my wife had an absolutely delightful fish dish. The Turkish meze was all right, but the soup was fantastic.

As for the wine, I personally enjoy Turkish wine, but had none on the flight. I'm almost certain we had Taittinger as far as champagne was concerned and I liked what was on our flight well enough.

You may have just been a bit unlucky honestly.

As for seats, my wife and I chose 2A and 2B. I wanted to avoid having economy walk through our cabin during boarding, while also being not right near a galley. Those seats worked out well and I would recommend them.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:15 am

baby bassinet behind row 7

Originally Posted by salty749
My flight to Chicago next month is operating on the 777 with the new expanded business class section (no premium economy) - anyone have any experience/recommendations on which section and seat to choose? There is more availability in the second/3 row cabin, but I wondered if it might be noisier due to proximity to the economy class section...

Thanks in advance!
I went with this plane in the front cabin. after about one hour flight two passengers moved from the smaller cabin to the front cabin. One lady was seated beside me. She told me she had been in row 7.In the first row of economy had been fixed three baby bassinets and there was a lot of noise of baby crying, FA talking to parents and parents talking to each other and to their kids.
Her head has been just maybe 50 cm away and the wall did not help to reduce the noise. so she asked for another seat.
Means if you are unlucky row 7 can be not a good choice.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: TK Elite
No, because both cagin are served at the same time. 2 Corridors, 4 trolleys of food.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by gr8pirate

Food / service and everything else is going down and down.
If you fly a lot with TK you will understand : the food is just a pain, same for years, everything taste the same and the wine list is pathetic.
I don't understand why so many people are excited by TK J those days, used to be great, was nice recently and now it's just average and sometimes below average because of the poor service (FA can me from cold to rude those days on TK).
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by frenchft
Food / service and everything else is going down and down.
If you fly a lot with TK you will understand : the food is just a pain, same for years, everything taste the same and the wine list is pathetic.
I don't understand why so many people are excited by TK J those days, used to be great, was nice recently and now it's just average and sometimes below average because of the poor service (FA can me from cold to rude those days on TK).
The Germans have a saying "The way you scream into the forest, it echoes back the same way".

It seems you are nearly the only pax who's not satisfied with TK while the others are.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by axxoo25
The Germans have a saying "The way you scream into the forest, it echoes back the same way".

It seems you are nearly the only pax who's not satisfied with TK while the others are.
I don't say I'm not satisfied.
I fly with them a lot and I'm sorry but :
1. the airport conditions is going down and down at IST.
2. the lounge is worst and worst (noisy, dirty, crowds etc etc).
3. the food selection is the same for years (lounge and in the air)
4. the wine list is average (vs competition).
5. I think the FA are ok, but nothing amazing or personalised.
6. when there is a problem, good luck to deal with TK

But overall I fly with them, because the price / value ratio is good. Of course compare with US airlines they are amazing, but compare with Asian or Middle East airlines... they are far behind and again, I don't see improvements but some cuts.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by axxoo25

+ the new A321 Neo that they use on some 5+ hours route are a fail : not confortable vs the old ones.
Sorry, just report my experience.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: UA MM
A quick question for the TK 777 experts:

In choosing between the front J cabin (rows 1-4) or the rear (rows 5-7), is one considered to have cooler temperatures than the other? I ask as I've seen reports TK keeps their cabin temperatures on the warm side and I generally like it cool. Or, if those reports are all false that would be good to know, too. Any other notable consideration in choosing which cabin? Many thanks and happy flying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.