Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:02 am

TK status match (2015)

I requested a status match from AC 50k, provided copy of my gold card and recent statement and received the you have been upgraded to Classic Plus email. Process took about 2 weeks. I was pretty happy at this point however, when I login to my Miles&Smiles account, it still shows me as Classic status. Does it take a few days for the upgrade to take effect or should I contact TK again? It's been over 24 hours since receiving the email.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Iguana0
I requested a status match from AC 50k, provided copy of my gold card and recent statement and received the you have been upgraded to Classic Plus email. Process took about 2 weeks. I was pretty happy at this point however, when I login to my Miles&Smiles account, it still shows me as Classic status. Does it take a few days for the upgrade to take effect or should I contact TK again? It's been over 24 hours since receiving the email.
That is a bit strange, I would give it a day then submit a query. When I received the "Classic Plus" email I was peeved for a minute, released this had been previously mentioned here, logged in and saw my status had been properly upgraded to Elite.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
I've also been matched from BA Gold. Took about two weeks. Unfortunately the message just arrived as I got back from flying Ethiopian Airlines in economy. It would have been nice to have had the status benefits before then.

Need to update my FT profile now.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by zontar2010
That is a bit strange, I would give it a day then submit a query. When I received the "Classic Plus" email I was peeved for a minute, released this had been previously mentioned here, logged in and saw my status had been properly upgraded to Elite.
Good tip, thanks. So oddly enough about an hour after posting my message on FT, I received another identical e-mail informing me that my status was upgraded. This time the proper status was reflected on the website! Now to wait to see if the card arrives in the mail. I'm not super hopeful as my city did not appear in the standard list and my request to update it did not go anywhere..I selected a nearby city and all the other info is correct including postal code so maybe it will work out
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
as my city did not appear in the standard list and my request to update it did not go anywhere..I selected a nearby city and all the other info is correct including postal code so maybe it will work out
Neither did mine - I appended the real city name to the street address + correct postal code and chose the nearest city from the drop down list. Our brave postal workers managed to find me ^
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Exact same thing happened to me. I unfortunately didn't receive the 2nd email that you received. I am giving it another day and then planning to just submit the status match again.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by clockhand
Exact same thing happened to me. I unfortunately didn't receive the 2nd email that you received. I am giving it another day and then planning to just submit the status match again.
Seems like a new issue they are having. (As if they did not have enough problems already)
Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by asdf1223
I had a card shipped to me with the fancy packaging and a luggage tag shipped to me in the US in case any one wants a data point. Less than a month after matching.
Just received my card and bag tag just over a week after receiving the upgrade.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
3 days total to be matched from NZ gold,status showing up as elite on TK website
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Originally Posted by clockhand

Submitted another status match just now. Got an email of Classic Plus match but it didn't change when I logged in. Just decided to submit a new status match request. Let's see..
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
How many bag tags?

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
Just received my card and bag tag just over a week after receiving the upgrade.
How many bag tags did you receive?

I got my welcome kit, and it had the membership card, and one bag tag, with a leather luggage strap. I was wondering if I initially got two tags/straps, and one slipped out on the way, or if we do indeed get just one luggage tag/strap?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nice packaging, but just the card, one bag tag and the strap. But it's the card that counts :-).
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by RTW1
Nice packaging, but just the card, one bag tag and the strap. But it's the card that counts :-).
Thank you RTW1.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
How many bag tags did you receive?

I got my welcome kit, and it had the membership card, and one bag tag, with a leather luggage strap. I was wondering if I initially got two tags/straps, and one slipped out on the way, or if we do indeed get just one luggage tag/strap?
One as well. Not an issue really.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Neither did mine - I appended the real city name to the street address + correct postal code and chose the nearest city from the drop down list. Our brave postal workers managed to find me ^
What happens is that they put all the information from the Address box on one line, so be careful about putting too much here. They seem to ignore the Postal code box so put the post code in the Address box. (You can see this on the bottom of the Lost Card webpage.)

Then there is a space where District would be used for a Turkish address, followed by the city in larger font, followed by country in even larger font.

So a US address of 123 Elm St, Cambridge MA 02138, USA where you are forced to enter a city from the dropdown (e.g. Boston) would look like this on the envelope:

123 Elm St. Cambridge MA 02138

Boston
USA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.