Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:24 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Rescmajster
is it a kind of revenge for downgrading each TK flight by giving only 25% status miles?
I would not call it revenge but merely providing a decent home for hard working frequent flyers who had enough of the constant decline (or "enhancements") of Miles&More and LH's idiotic rhetoric blaming everybody else (incl. TK) for their poor performance.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
Originally Posted by starflyergold
I would not call it revenge but merely providing a decent home for hard working frequent flyers who had enough of the constant decline (or "enhancements") of Miles&More and LH's idiotic rhetoric blaming everybody else (incl. TK) for their poor performance.
cannot agree more...
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
+2
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by LH4116
+2
+3 And you can add AC for their continued "enhancements"...
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:43 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by zontar2010
+3 And you can add AC for their continued "enhancements"...
Yes... The reason I abandoned AC Aeroplan. I feel so relieved!!

This may be a first as I have not read anything on the TK match threads... But...

I just got a personal email from the Miles & Smiles people apologising for the delay in my status match request!
In the same email they confirmed my upgrade to the Elite status even though the match was done on 10 January. Wow... All I did was resubmit my card with an updated statement as requested by them.
So far very pleased with them
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by YVR1972
Yes... The reason I abandoned AC Aeroplan. I feel so relieved!!

This may be a first as I have not read anything on the TK match threads... But...

I just got a personal email from the Miles & Smiles people apologising for the delay in my status match request!
In the same email they confirmed my upgrade to the Elite status even though the match was done on 10 January. Wow... All I did was resubmit my card with an updated statement as requested by them.
So far very pleased with them
How long did it take for you to be matched?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
How long did it take for you to be matched?
First applied on 31 Oct 14. Status matched on 10 Jan 15.

So just over two months.

They are so polite!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I got a Email this morning asking me to send the physical copy of the Gold (BA Gold) membership card. I had attached the PDF from BA website with my request, may be they want to see the scanned copy of real card. I will upload it today.

I don't know if it's a good sign or not, but hey, they are atleast talking.

from the email:
In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the physical copy of your Gold membership card by using the link below;
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by YVR1972
First applied on 31 Oct 14. Status matched on 10 Jan 15.

So just over two months.

They are so polite!
Man, was I hoping for a miracle to get everything done in a day or two!!

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I got a Email this morning asking me to send the physical copy of the Gold (BA Gold) membership card. I had attached the PDF from BA website with my request, may be they want to see the scanned copy of real card. I will upload it today.

I don't know if it's a good sign or not, but hey, they are atleast talking.

from the email:
In order to evaluate your request about Gold membership status match, we would like you to send the physical copy of your Gold membership card by using the link below;
When did you first send out your docs?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Man, was I hoping for a miracle to get everything done in a day or two!!

When did you first send out your docs?
I requested for a status match on 1/5/15 and sent a reminder on 1/12/15.

Got this email for card today (1/20/15)
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:49 pm

I fly from Europe to MNL several times a year. With EY, right within my first year of membership, I made it up to Gold. In November I sent a status match request to M&S via their web form, including my EY account movements and a copy of my Gold card. In January I added some additional information. So far I didn't get any reply.

Looks like TK doesn't want me to fly with them. Thus, I will just stay loyal to EY.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:39 pm

Anyone received physical card at their home address after status match?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by long legs
I fly from Europe to MNL several times a year. With EY, right within my first year of membership, I made it up to Gold. In November I sent a status match request to M&S via their web form, including my EY account movements and a copy of my Gold card. In January I added some additional information. So far I didn't get any reply.

Looks like TK doesn't want me to fly with them. Thus, I will just stay loyal to EY.
I will suggest sending a reminder. M&S is (in)famous for their inconsistency in responding. May be there is some internal criteria coz I have seen reports of responses as quick as 24 hours and as slow as 2-3 months.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I requested for a status match on 1/5/15 and sent a reminder on 1/12/15.

Got this email for card today (1/20/15)
I sent my original request one day after you on 1/6/15. I have sent reminders. Based on that I should have received my match yesterday. Which program did you match from?

ZT
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:52 am

Okay a miracle did happen!! They matched my DL PM (ST E+) status to Classic Plus (*S)?? Did anyone ever see that??

EDIT: Matched to TK Elite!!!! In the email, it was written Classic Plus, but when I logged in, SURPRISE SURPRISE, TK Elite it is!!! Wooohhoooooooo!!!

Last edited by AvidFlyer1990; Jan 22, 2015 at 5:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.