Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: TK Elite
Smile

Originally Posted by zontar2010
Great to hear that your process was so fast! Can you remember the options you set on the webform? I'm plus a week waiting now with a TK trip coming up in less than two.

ZT
Sure Zontar, here's what I did:

Openned: https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/index.tkf?lang=en
- New feedback
- Miles & Smiles Programme
- Request
- Star Alliance and Program Partners
- Kindly asked for a Status Match, I just kept it simple and direct.

Attached a picture of my card (mobile phone photo) and PDF file of my online statement (copy & paste to MS Word and saved as PDF).

Good luck
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by stevespam
Sure Zontar, here's what I did:

Openned: https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/index.tkf?lang=en
- New feedback
- Miles & Smiles Programme
- Request
- Star Alliance and Program Partners
- Kindly asked for a Status Match, I just kept it simple and direct.

Attached a picture of my card (mobile phone photo) and PDF file of my online statement (copy & paste to MS Word and saved as PDF).

Good luck
Thank you for the information stevespam, I had mine in another queue, I have re-submitted mine with all the necessary documentation, hope my turnaround is as quick as yours.

ZT

Last edited by zontar2010; Jan 16, 2015 at 4:38 am
Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:53 am

Thank you for the information stevespam, I had mine in another queue, I have re-submitted mine with all the necessary documentation, hope my turnaround is as quick as yours.

ZT
Hi

FYI for my initial request instead of "Star Alliance and Program Partners" I had selected "Membership Processing."

When I resubmitted after their email request I chose "Previous Feedback" and used the tracking number they provided... Voila!

There seems to be more than one way to get there. So be patient :-)

I already have over 8,000 miles for requalifying already too after 5 days of the status match! Requalifying will be a breeze.

Curious... If one obtains 25,000 miles in the first year, does the card extend for two more years or just one?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
matched within 3 days

Thank`s to this Forum .

requested via website Sunday evening ( but included 2 PDF files with BA gold Card and account activity printout ).
Not got any answer per mail, but when I checked thursday my account already was upgraded to Gold ! ^
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Originally Posted by YVR1972
Hi

FYI for my initial request instead of "Star Alliance and Program Partners" I had selected "Membership Processing."

When I resubmitted after their email request I chose "Previous Feedback" and used the tracking number they provided... Voila!

There seems to be more than one way to get there. So be patient :-)

I already have over 8,000 miles for requalifying already too after 5 days of the status match! Requalifying will be a breeze.

Curious... If one obtains 25,000 miles in the first year, does the card extend for two more years or just one?
I do not know if somebody already requalified after the recent status matches but according to the rules it should extend another 2 years.
I am also thinking on jumping on this ship instead of A3...
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Have you sent you reminder in yet? I did so today, I would have sat back and waited, however I have a long haul TK trip in two weeks.

ZT
Sorry for the late reply.

I sent a reminder on Monday (1/12) but I haven't heard anything so far.

You had any luck?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 4:01 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Sorry for the late reply.

I sent a reminder on Monday (1/12) but I haven't heard anything so far.

You had any luck?
Nothing as of yet sorry to report. Got Gold with WestJet in FIVE HOURS. Don't know what is the issue with TK considering they're one of Europe's best airlines.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: LX SEN
Successful Match but Lengthy Process

Hi All, I successfully matched from LX SEN to TK Gold following the steps described in this thread, however the process took quite some time:

12/10/2014: Sent the online request form, including my latest M&M statement and picture of card
15/12/2014: Received new gold card at home, valid until 12/2016
30/12/2014: Received an email saying that my my card had been issued and membership updated.

Note that I had not collected any miles with TK before and during the process.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: TK Elite *G, AF/KLM FB Elite+, A|Club Platinum, HH G
Got mine matched very quickly: requested 7/01/15, matched 10/01/15.

For anyone who recently got matched (Europe), when did you get your physical card?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
i got matched before Xmas, but still no card and welcome package...will see when arrive...otherwise in early Feb i'm flying to IST and will get one there.

BTW, someone knows if the card number changes depending on the status as in LH M&M or if keep the same?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Originally Posted by dehetoxic
I have UA Gold, and wondering what's the benefits to get the TK Gold since both are *A ?
Anyone can explain ?
Beware TK miles expire after 3 years a absolute NO GO for me!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Anyone know what the approximate processing time of the request is, for the requests submitted from the US? Looks like (from a couple of posts above) requests from members in Europe have a much shorter turnaround time! Is that the case?

EDIT: This is for the FT'ers who had a successful match: There is an option in the web form, asking, if this is related to a particular flight. The answer is NO, I believe?

Last edited by AvidFlyer1990; Jan 18, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:03 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LUGlodo
Hi All, I successfully matched from LX SEN to TK Gold following the steps described in this thread, however the process took quite some time:

12/10/2014: Sent the online request form, including my latest M&M statement and picture of card
15/12/2014: Received new gold card at home, valid until 12/2016
30/12/2014: Received an email saying that my my card had been issued and membership updated.

Note that I had not collected any miles with TK before and during the process.
Same here, LX SEN to TK Gold using the online request form.
No reply, but status upgraded within 3 days, valid until January 2017. Amazing!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vienna-resident
Same here, LX SEN to TK Gold using the online request form.
No reply, but status upgraded within 3 days, valid until January 2017. Amazing!
I am pretty sure that M&M Senators get some sort of priority in the matching game, since TK are specifically looking to win over these customers Lufthansa. No wonder why the kaiser is so pissed :P
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
Originally Posted by LH4116
I am pretty sure that M&M Senators get some sort of priority in the matching game, since TK are specifically looking to win over these customers Lufthansa. No wonder why the kaiser is so pissed :P
is it a kind of revenge for downgrading each TK flight by giving only 25% status miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.