Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I proceeded to send my Alitalia details complete with passport copy. Let's see how long this will take.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:44 pm

How long does the Gold card you are using have to be valid ?

My A3 expires end of January 2016
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:47 am

I got status match from Alitalia (needed to send PP copy as well). This happened on about 2 weeks ago. Question: how long will it usually take to receive the physical card? I'm from northern Europe. I'm just worried if I'm able to access lounges with some LH flights in 2 weeks without the card
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by LAXlocal

My Alitalia status expires 03/2016
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by LAXlocal

Originally Posted by manum
I got status match from Alitalia (needed to send PP copy as well). This happened on about 2 weeks ago. Question: how long will it usually take to receive the physical card? I'm from northern Europe. I'm just worried if I'm able to access lounges with some LH flights in 2 weeks without the card
The card should arrive within 2 weeks. I have heard horror stories of it taking 6 months. You should be fine with just the number and gold status indication on boarding pass.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
The card should arrive within 2 weeks. I have heard horror stories of it taking 6 months. You should be fine with just the number and gold status indication on boarding pass.
Thanks. My problem is that I sometimes write my surname differently (my bad). Sometimes with umlauts and sometimes without. This time my LH ticket is without and M&S account with them. Now for this reason I am unable to add my Frequenr flyer number to my LH ticket - it says surname does not match. I wonder if calling LH would help?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:52 pm

Took some chasing on Facebook, but I received my match from LH today. Looking forward to crediting my first miles to TK!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:36 pm

Thanks. My problem is that I sometimes write my surname differently (my bad). Sometimes with umlauts and sometimes without. This time my LH ticket is without and M&S account with them. Now for this reason I am unable to add my Frequenr flyer number to my LH ticket - it says surname does not match. I wonder if calling LH would help?
In your case the card is necessary Try calling LH and ask about changing minor misspellings. It might cost you if you have a lower cost ticket. Good luck getting your card in time for your trip.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:36 am

I filed in my request over a month ago but no response and no update.... I called to Istambul and bounced between customer relation and miles & more. Told that both of them can't open 'response' to my request and I should get a response soon.

Nothing so far, three days later.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by OngL
I filed in my request over a month ago but no response and no update.... I called to Istambul and bounced between customer relation and miles & more. Told that both of them can't open 'response' to my request and I should get a response soon.

Nothing so far, three days later.
I called as well for the 5th time on Sunday. I got a good rep. who realized that I've been waiting for a long time and she will tell her "department" to execute this "quicker". So far nothing.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:56 am

Stupid question. So I got the Elite level from status match. Do I need to credit one flight to TK before receiving the card by mail? Been waiting 3 weeks now.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:25 pm

Stupid question. So I got the Elite level from status match. Do I need to credit one flight to TK before receiving the card by mail? Been waiting 3 weeks now.
I have heard that they send you a "box". Search Google. There are stories of the kit taking from 2 weeks to 6 months to arrive.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
You dont need to credit a flight just be patient it's T.K.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Unsub
Requested last night, got matched this morning. Took little over 12 hours.. Finnair Platinum (OWE) -> TK Elite.

The email I received states the following: "Your Elite card will be ordered to your address, however, you can use your Miles&Smiles membership number and start to enjoy Elite privileges until you receive your card." and "Your Elite card will be valid for 2 years ..".

Thank you TK!
Took almost 4 weeks, but just received my physical card this morning.

I already contacted TK in Facebook to ask what's the holdup. They said I won't be receiving anything before I score an actual flight with TK. I haven't, so this was a happy surprise!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 5:03 am

It's been a week since I last contacted TK without reply.Should I email them again or call them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.