Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Date Requested: 13 October

Current Airline and Status
Aegean Gold

Information submitted
card scan, activity statement,first time, added passport after when requested

Any replies received other than confirmation
Add passport!

Nov 9th, status upgraded in account

Note that it seems they are quite flexible with the 2 month requirement. I explained that I was a uni student, and that i flew mostly in the summer. The status match was offered within a week after.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:58 am

Date Requested
Sent initial feedback via (clunky as hell) website form request. No response. This was about 10 days ago. Sent scan of QF Platinum card, statement showing about 4 months of activity.

Facebook messaged, they said they will request the appropriate team to review.

A few days - no response.

Called through and spoke with customer service, said they would ask team to respond.

No response for a day, so I submitted a completely new request on the website feedback form with passport attached this time after reading other comments on here.

11/22/2015 10:30 PST - Email confirmation welcoming to TK Elite - So process took about 10 days. Seems TK is pretty inconsistent in terms of response times from case to case.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
REquested in end of SEP

No reply until 01NOV, when I chased with CS and the line did not connect after 15 minutes, so I hung up.

Re submitted a form on 19NOV with details again.
Got a reply on 20NOV asking for passport and scans again.
Match processed on 21NOV to Elite from A3 Gold
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:37 am

So finally everything done. Picked up the card in IST today. Many thanks to zap7 worked perfectly at the kiosk between 215 and 216 just some seconds and everything was done. ^
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Quick question: On the web form, which feedback option did you choose? I assume New Feedback/Miles&Smiles Programme/Request/Membership processing? Is is correct?

Cheers!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:27 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by totti
I assume New Feedback/Miles&Smiles Programme/Request/Membership processing? Is is correct?
It's what worked for me. Good luck!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by IMH
It's what worked for me. Good luck!
Now worked for me: Matched from BA Gold to TK Elite

I sent:
- copy of card
- printout of statement (last 15 month)
- copy of passport photo page

It took approximately 4 days to process my request.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
Got matched from Delta Gold to TK Elite too.

I sent
- Copy of front / back of Delta Gold card
- Delta Gold statement (Website statement)
- Copy of passport picture page / ID
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:05 pm

Gents, does anybody know how I can close my TK Miles and Smiles account ? Not only leave it and not to connect to it, but definitelly CLOSE it ?

Thanks for the replay,
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I have been sending emails to thy before they asked for passport copies. They have no reason to ask for copies and I'm not comfortable sending it to TK. I got matched to gold on Avianca Brazil. I called TK to change my FF number but they said the computer wouldn't allow it. Does anyone know how to change FF numbers on TK bookings. It's an all-TK booking, no codeshares if that helps.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I have been sending emails to thy before they asked for passport copies. They have no reason to ask for copies and I'm not comfortable sending it to TK. I got matched to gold on Avianca Brazil. I called TK to change my FF number but they said the computer wouldn't allow it. Does anyone know how to change FF numbers on TK bookings. It's an all-TK booking, no codeshares if that helps.
Change it at check-in.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by duvin
Change it at check-in.
That's actually what the call center told me. Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: United, Turkish
Just got DWs confirmation email. took 3 requests over 25 days. Problem seemed to be linking passport with earlier documents. Mine was approved pre passport. requirement.

Still have occasional problems at united clubs. One desk dragon tried to tell me my flight had to be credited to Turkish to use the lounge. Supervisor quickly corrected and showed dragon how to put the TK number in.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: United, Turkish
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
They have no reason to ask for copies and I'm not comfortable sending it to TK. .
Ive been traveling to Europe for 38 years. I'm a dual national. Virtually every hotel needs a copy of your passport. Airlines just read the rfid chip when you check in. etc.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, BW Diamond, TK Elite
I submitted my request about 3 weeks ago, with follow up msg a week before, no reply.
Looking at other's comment, seems it's better for me to submit another one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.