Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, United/Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm giving up with TK. Sent them pdf of activity (including several flights on TK) and electronic card, front and back. They are obsessed with having a photo of physical card. Of course my United Gold kit has been "processing" for at least the past month with no known ETA. Considering both carriers are Star Alliance, how freaking hard is it to systematically validate status?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by DudeE
Considering both carriers are Star Alliance, how freaking hard is it to systematically validate status?
"Hi United, it's your Star Alliance Buddy Turkish Airlines here.

We'd like to offer a status match to your Elite member DudeE so that he will now be loyal and marketable to us, and we will bill you for all the miles he earns while flying on UA. Would you please be so kind as to validate for us that membership number 123456789 is actually a valid UA Premier account?"
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:07 am

If they really wanted to, there is an easier option - make a dummy booking and add his *G number and see if it shows up correctly.

(Of course, with the usual proviso that this is not a foolproof method since expired status sometimes continues to show, sometimes status doesn't show, etc etc)

But I agree that if TK's rules are plastic cards only, there is no reason to expect them to relax them when it's already a generous offer to begin with.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by Tblack15
Update on my dad's TK status match/x-mas gift..

They matched him immediately. Now submitting a Lost Card Request to see if I can get the card without crediting any flights
Three weeks later, I've just received his "lost card" in the mail. Well, looks like he'll be getting his gift early so he doesn't miss out on any of the fun!

Apologies to those who are consistently having trouble. Just know that it can work!
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by stargold
But I agree that if TK's rules are plastic cards only, there is no reason to expect them to relax them when it's already a generous offer to begin with.
Ah I see. Will be getting my physical card from Delta soon. Do I send TK the photos under a new request, or is it recommended to follow up with the existing request? I sent them a screenshot of my medallion card via the app, got no reply yet.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, United/Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
That would make sense if having a plastic card was the only way you were eligible for Star Alliance or United Gold benefits. I've had zero issues accessing lounges with my electronic card, and Star Alliance carriers seem to "see" my status when I use my UA number when booking. I understand this is most likely an anti-fraud measure rather than TK seeing plastic card holders as inherently better customers.

It doesn't seem outrageous that airlines would share such information. They already do so (and, in fact, TK recognizes me as *A Gold on my bookings). Not to mention, United isn't losing my business on, say, the IST - BKK route mostly because they don't even offer that route.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
For those who have got a match using Aegean Gold, did Turkish ask you for the statement from Aegean showing the transactions for the last two months? If yes, how did you get the statement. I sent the one that I printed from my Aegean online account, but it was rejected by Turkish because the statement did not have my name and Aegean account number on it by default? Thus, how do I get a statement from Aegean with my name, account number and transactions? Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
Originally Posted by bensim
For those who have got a match using Aegean Gold, did Turkish ask you for the statement from Aegean showing the transactions for the last two months? If yes, how did you get the statement. I sent the one that I printed from my Aegean online account, but it was rejected by Turkish because the statement did not have my name and Aegean account number on it by default? Thus, how do I get a statement from Aegean with my name, account number and transactions? Thanks.
I was matched from A3 on the 16/08/2015, I was also wondering about this same thing and all I did was send my account statement (which has the name and account number) and also my transactions statement together. Try this and good luck.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
I too received a Status Match today with physical card scan and printout of the transaction history from the website.

Date Requested: 11/09/2015
Current Airline and Status (A3 Gold)
Information submitted: Scan of physical card, printout (pdf) of account summary and transactions
Any replies received other than confirmation: Automatic acknowledgement
Date Confirmation Received 16/09/2015 (Classic Plus email as well as email advising Elite).

Last edited by HaaZe; Sep 23, 2015 at 1:42 pm Reason: Adding timeline information as per wiki entry 21/09/15
Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:54 am

asked to be matched to TK Gold providing my EK Gold and BR Gold card. Took two days and now I have a gold card valid till September 2017

Dear Alexander,

Referring to your message dated on September 8th, 2015, Elite Card status match has been provided and your membership has been updated as ''Elite Card'' level.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Originally Posted by jimat3c
I was matched from A3 on the 16/08/2015, I was also wondering about this same thing and all I did was send my account statement (which has the name and account number) and also my transactions statement together. Try this and good luck.
Thanks. Where did you get your A3 account statement with your name and account number from? I have tried looking for it in my online Aegean account, but cannot seem to find it. Also, I emailed A3 customer service to get such a statement, but they say they cannot generate one for me. Thanks.

Last edited by bensim; Sep 16, 2015 at 9:55 am Reason: Add additional information
Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
Originally Posted by bensim
Thanks. Where did you get your A3 account statement with your name and account number from? I have tried looking for it in my online Aegean account, but cannot seem to find it. Also, I emailed A3 customer service to get such a statement, but they say they cannot generate one for me. Thanks.
When you log in that is your account page it has your digital card with your name and account number also your total mileage. It's the first page after you log in.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Data point: match to BA Gold requested on 3 September. 10 September, I got an email asking for my BA activity statement. (I thought I /had/ included it, but it wouldn't be the first time I screwed up an attachment.) Resubmitted both statement and card scan with the original reference number, the same day.

Matched to Elite today, 18 September. First I got an email from "Miles and Smiles" saying I was Classic Plus, then ten minutes later one from "Musteri Iletisim Merkezi" saying I was Elite. Yay! (As it happened I had impatiently checked my online status this morning, and it was still Classic, so if the online upgrade precedes the email it wasn't by much.)

ETA: Physical card received today, 30 September, in a lovely hessian(?) card enclosure with bag tag and a slip that promises they planted a tree for me. (Shiny FF card and salved FF conscience, in the same package.) This despite not accruing any M&S activity yet.

Last edited by boutela; Sep 30, 2015 at 7:39 am Reason: More data
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by boutela
Data point: match to BA Gold requested on 3 September. 10 September, I got an email asking for my BA activity statement. (I thought I /had/ included it, but it wouldn't be the first time I screwed up an attachment.) Resubmitted both statement and card scan with the original reference number, the same day.

Matched to Elite today, 18 September. First I got an email from "Miles and Smiles" saying I was Classic Plus, then ten minutes later one from "Musteri Iletisim Merkezi" saying I was Elite. Yay! (As it happened I had impatiently checked my online status this morning, and it was still Classic, so if the online upgrade precedes the email it wasn't by much.)
I had something similar in that i submitted my match request probably around the same time if not before yours. I got the reply asking for my activity as well which i submitted under a new request and to date i've heard nothing, and no updates on the website. Here's hoping i hear something before Xmas!!
Old Sep 19, 2015, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Neil791
I had something similar in that i submitted my match request probably around the same time if not before yours. I got the reply asking for my activity as well which i submitted under a new request and to date i've heard nothing, and no updates on the website. Here's hoping i hear something before Xmas!!
Good luck! The timing might tell us something about how/whether their system handles amended submissions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.