Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:44 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Sent in my request more than a week ago and still waiting . . .. . .
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:13 am

Put in the request (A3 Gold with scan of card and printout of activity) on Sunday (July 5) and was just upgraded to Elite (July 9). E-Mail said classic plus but login revealed upgrade to Elite.

Last edited by dullerm; Jul 13, 2015 at 5:58 pm Reason: incorrect month specified
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by williamluk
Sent in my request more than a week ago and still waiting . . .. . .
Got a mail back saying they also need 3 mths activity statement. Went back to the website and repeat the whole process again only this time with both the card and the statement. Done in 2 days. Elite level good for 2 years.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by dullerm
Put in the request (A3 Gold with scan of card and printout of activity) on Sunday (August 5) and was just upgraded to Elite (August 9). E-Mail said classic plus but login revealed upgrade to Elite.
I'm sure you meant July but yes, they're quick if you provide sufficient docs
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I'm sure you meant July but yes, they're quick if you provide sufficient docs
Good catch. They are quick but not that quick
Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Here is my experience:

October 2014 - Sent ALL documents. Passport Photo, Elite card, 2 months of activity
November 2014 - Email sent back requesting Passport Photo
December 2014- I send email back with all documents
February 2015 - Email comes back from TK asking to send activity for last 2 months
- Immediately sent back
April 2015 - I had not heard back so I send them an email asking why and what else I need to do
May 2015 - Still nothing so I called, got the run around but was assured the status would be matched
June 2015 - Email form TK requesting Passport photo and account activity. I sent all information including picture of elite card again within minutes and gave them my most recent activity for that time
One week ago July 12 2015 - E-mail from TK asking for copy of elite card. I called and got transferred around to different departments until I got to customer relations who told em they are missing the Passport photo. I told them I sent it several times over the past year. He put me on hold. He came back and said he found ALL documents but it would take 2 more days because Customer Relations doesn't grand status match.
July 18 - Still no status, I call again. Complete waste of time.
July 19 - Email from TK requesting me to send most recent activity.

Now this is just a game. This is the most incompetent airline. They have nice catering and nice lounges but not worth going through this bull crap to fly them. I really think their service is the worst. Why poach new customers to show off how bad your service is?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by aero0729
Here is my experience:

October 2014 - Sent ALL documents. Passport Photo, Elite card, 2 months of activity
November 2014 - Email sent back requesting Passport Photo
December 2014- I send email back with all documents
February 2015 - Email comes back from TK asking to send activity for last 2 months
- Immediately sent back
April 2015 - I had not heard back so I send them an email asking why and what else I need to do
May 2015 - Still nothing so I called, got the run around but was assured the status would be matched
June 2015 - Email form TK requesting Passport photo and account activity. I sent all information including picture of elite card again within minutes and gave them my most recent activity for that time
One week ago July 12 2015 - E-mail from TK asking for copy of elite card. I called and got transferred around to different departments until I got to customer relations who told em they are missing the Passport photo. I told them I sent it several times over the past year. He put me on hold. He came back and said he found ALL documents but it would take 2 more days because Customer Relations doesn't grand status match.
July 18 - Still no status, I call again. Complete waste of time.
July 19 - Email from TK requesting me to send most recent activity.

Now this is just a game. This is the most incompetent airline. They have nice catering and nice lounges but not worth going through this bull crap to fly them. I really think their service is the worst. Why poach new customers to show off how bad your service is?
That's the first extreme case I've heard, it shouldn't be this difficult

I got mine with 1 request (uploaded Aegean gold card and account activity screenshot which has 1 flight in last 2 months). No passport photo needed

Keep re-submitting NEW requests with only 2 files (Card scan + Activity screensoht) until success
You only need to be lucky once to get an agent that didn't look or care much
I hope it works out in the end for you
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Status match from BA Gold (OW Emerald) to Elite done in 24 hours. Email said I had been matched to Classic Plus, but as with dullerm above, when I logged in the account said Elite. Not a direct match to OW Emerald (I presume BA naming their OW Emerald equivalent 'Gold' doesn't help) but fairly happy with Elite nonetheless.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Submitted my request for status match (BA Gold) last week. I didn't get any kind of email communication after submitting the claim (like a ref number for example).

Is this the norm?

Thanks,
A
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by JP1981
Status match from BA Gold (OW Emerald) to Elite done in 24 hours. Email said I had been matched to Classic Plus, but as with dullerm above, when I logged in the account said Elite. Not a direct match to OW Emerald (I presume BA naming their OW Emerald equivalent 'Gold' doesn't help) but fairly happy with Elite nonetheless.
Pretty lucky! I have been trying for a year and All i get is an email back asking to send more documents! ahhh I tok the advice of the person above and sent a new request. I have already invested way too much time
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JP1981
They only match to Elite, regardless of any higher tier. The rule is that they match the highest tier in each alliance, so when it comes to Oneworld only Emerald is matched, whereas Sapphire/BA Silver (equivalent of Star Alliance Gold) is not matched.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
Just applied for my mum for a match from NZ*G,she got an email 40 mins later confirming match to elite which shows up when she logs onto TK site^
Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
So I have requested my status match using the instructions on here. Indeed their call centre is not aware of this and they always sent me the same reply. It seems that online statements are accepted, but not always. Either way, just sent it again and hoping for a swift reply. It seems like a good offer.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 8:52 pm

got my shiny TK Elite kit in mail today, in fancy package/hard box, in Ontario, Canada
1 Card + 1 luggage tag inside

I did request Lost Card, so wasn't sure if it was sent automatically after the match, or because of Lost Card Request
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
They just said that the BA card which is shown in the app is sometimes accepted and sometimes they aren't. In my case, they replied this is not accepted but they sometimes do. They also requested a statement of the past 2 months.

Let's hope they will accept it now, because its a lot of hassle when it's obvious I fly a lot but usually during the winter period

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.