Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by vijender
I requested status match based on Asiana Diamond submitting card scan and last one year activity on Jan 3. Got upgraded to Elite status within hours.

Not sure about how to get the physical card. I will try to find out more by calling local Turkish Airlines office.
Wow! That is quick. Do you remember what options you used on the web form? Was hoping for the magic 24hrs, but alas this did not happen. I have already accrued miles with TK with my M&S Classic Plus account this year and have a TK booking later this month. Thought that would speed things along.

ZT
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I found I was matched in early Dec, but interestingly, just got an email from them telling about my statusmatch
Haven't got my card though, I guess I have to go through IST and collect
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I requested a status match to my BAEC Gold (OWE) on 01/05/2015. Haven't heard anything yet.

Should I send them a reminder or wait a few more days before doing so.

I attached a pdf of my BA gold card and my last 3 months statement.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I requested a status match to my BAEC Gold (OWE) on 01/05/2015. Haven't heard anything yet.

Should I send them a reminder or wait a few more days before doing so.

I attached a pdf of my BA gold card and my last 3 months statement.
You have waited a few days, it's late in IST now, I would send a reminder or call Monday morning. I sent mine in two days after you, I'm waiting until Wednesday.

Cheers,

ZT
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Turkish Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
Yeah, it took like a week for me to be matched
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
Does this function still exist on their website ? I cannot find anything that leads to a request form
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by pointy
Does this function still exist on their website ? I cannot find anything that leads to a request form
https://www4.thy.com/customercontact/?lang=en

Select "New Feedback" Then I put Miles&Smiles Programme -> Request -> Then it is Membership Processing OR other

Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:59 am
alc

Just got my package in the mail the past week.

Here are my timeline:

- End of Aug -> Request send in with picture of my UA*G and a screen shot of my UA account
- Early Dec -> Rec'd email asking me to re-send the request - never send anything in
- A few days after -> Rec'd email stating I had been matched, exp Nov 16.
- Early Jan -> Rec'd the package
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:30 pm

Just logged into my Miles & Smiles account.
Happy to report my status match was successful as my account shows Gold Elite! Effective yesterday... 10 Jan 2015 and valid through 31 Jan 2017.
I am in the Star Alliance lounge at LAX about to board Air NZ. As soon as I saw I was granted gold I changed my FF number to the TK one and it shows as TK*G on the boarding pass so must be in the system already. Might as well start the requalification process!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Virgin Atlantic denied

After a few months received a reply (for my wife) that Virgin Atlantic is not eligible for a status match.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by YVR1972
Just logged into my Miles & Smiles account.
Happy to report my status match was successful as my account shows Gold Elite! Effective yesterday... 10 Jan 2015 and valid through 31 Jan 2017.
I am in the Star Alliance lounge at LAX about to board Air NZ. As soon as I saw I was granted gold I changed my FF number to the TK one and it shows as TK*G on the boarding pass so must be in the system already. Might as well start the requalification process!
Do you have a timeline for your request processing duration?

ZT
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:47 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Becareful of status miles

Hi,

Requested for a match, it took them forever and finally it came through. However sadly the match was done 2 days after my flights in Business with Swiss.
Now those status miles earned during when I was nothing with TK has not been taken account into the status miles needed for renewal.
I have written to them to ask about this, but it is about 10k status miles of potentially going down the drain

Any one with the same experience? Still awaiting their response.

Cheers!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
i got the matching after over 24.000 miles were credited on TK, so they're technically not valid to renew the status, however they're valid to move to Elite+ as i need less than 56.000 to upgrade the status.
i don't think this is going to be an issue considering my expected travellings, but each case might be different according to the miles you expect to fly this year.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
After many months I received a notice that my status match to AA LT Plat (OWS) was denied (as expected)
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
So the highest level of status match is Elite? Has anyone received Elite Plus?

The United Android ap has an image of the card. Would a screenshot of front and back suffice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.