Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flolee
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

TK status match (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Got Elite recently they matched my air India gold card 😇. Happened in a couple of days and no follow ups. Now wondering if pushing my miles to TK will be better in the long run. Not sure if they give op upgrade regularly, I fly them at least thrice a year from India to Istanbul.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Tried to status match my account again that I matched in 2013 but was unsuccessful. I didn't end up using the account but instead credited all to A3 but was considering switching to TK now (already re-qualified A3)

"When we checked your membership it is confirmed that you have status matched in 2013. Please be informed that Elite status match can be provided only for once."

Maybe this may help some others that were considering this!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by Bobdh13
Tried to status match my account again that I matched in 2013 but was unsuccessful. I didn't end up using the account but instead credited all to A3 but was considering switching to TK now (already re-qualified A3)

"When we checked your membership it is confirmed that you have status matched in 2013. Please be informed that Elite status match can be provided only for once."

Maybe this may help some others that were considering this!
The once per lifetime rule is fairly standard for most airline's status match programs. I've added it to the Wiki so hopefully it will help others in your situation.

Perhaps you could qualify for TK Gold the old fashioned way, crediting TK while using your A3 card for benefits? TK Elite isn't terribly hard to reach, since you only need 25K the first year for Classic Plus, and then 40K the year after reaching Classic Plus for Elite.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Originally Posted by State of Trance
The once per lifetime rule is fairly standard for most airline's status match programs. I've added it to the Wiki so hopefully it will help others in your situation.

Perhaps you could qualify for TK Gold the old fashioned way, crediting TK while using your A3 card for benefits? TK Elite isn't terribly hard to reach, since you only need 25K the first year for Classic Plus, and then 40K the year after reaching Classic Plus for Elite.
Yea I think its completely understandable, just saw it written somewhere before and wanted to 'clear the air' to save others the time.

Will do that ^ Shouldn't be a problem to qualify with TK next year but wanted to save the hassle of using the benefits of A3 whilst crediting to TK .
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by State of Trance
With discount UA Y fares only netting 25% to 50%, those flyers will have to fly ~50K-100K BIS miles to qualify at 25K. It honestly might be better off for UA-heavy flyers (e.g. most US based A3/TK *G) to just go for UA status or find a different FFP more generous to those bargain basement fares.
If you live in the US there's also revenue requirement so this is not that simple. IMHO you should only build miles/status toward airlines you truly enjoy flying with, rather than hopping around trying to find loopholes. As I said earlier, 25K/40K within a year for renewal is still easy for E/E+, 1 revenue J trip between America and Asia plus one trip to Turkey/Europe/Middle East redeeming upgrade vouchers will get it done.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA ExecPlat, TK Elite
My current elite card, achieved through actual flying, expires tomorrow.

Now my question is, since I will drop down to Classic Plus, can I still apply for a status match using my current TK account number (Classic Plus status as of tomorrow), from my BA oneworld emerald card from?

I have never before received a status match from TK.

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LX64A332

Now my question is, since I will drop down to Classic Plus, can I still apply for a status match using my current TK account number (Classic Plus status as of tomorrow), from my BA oneworld emerald card from?

Thanks
I don't think they would approve it as the status match is to entice other airline premium members. In your case that is not the case.

I would say, ask for a status match and in the note, remind that you are an existing elite and their 'loyal frequent flier'.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by LX64A332

Thanks
To add to what vishalgupta22 said, it's definitely worth a shot. I would also mention how your flying patterns have shifted to favor *A (and TK specifically) in the future.

You could make Elite from Classic Plus fairly easily too just through flying, but so without *G might be less fun.
Old May 1, 2015, 12:06 pm

no card

Hello,

has anyone gotten a statusmatch without the actual card? For example, just used a copy of an official statement of your status?
Old May 1, 2015, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Viking93
Hello,

has anyone gotten a statusmatch without the actual card? For example, just used a copy of an official statement of your status?
I successfully matched using a statement and a screenshot of my virtual card (I didn't have my physical card at the time). From DL/Skyteam.
Old May 1, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
I successfully matched using a statement and a screenshot of my virtual card (I didn't have my physical card at the time). From DL/Skyteam.
Cool! I'll try to do the same. I'm matching from UA premier gold
Old May 1, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: TK *G Elite, AZ Gold.
Originally Posted by gooselee
TK is so stange I did the same thing but with A3 virtual card and was rejected
saying they needed copy of actual card as was in their rules.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
[QUOTE=jimat3c;24752416
saying they needed copy of actual card as was in their rules.[/QUOTE]

I had my physical card at home should they have asked for it...was just on the road when I was reading up and asking for the match.

It may have helped that my DL statement also included lots of J travel to/within Europe on it, but I can't be sure. I was surprised to get a response the following morning with the match.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Viking93
Hello,

I suggest, give it a shot and see hope it goes through. Good luck!

What program are you matching from?

With TK, the only thing that can be predicted is unpredictability.

In my case I matched from BA and had lots of flights in the 3 month statement mix of LH J, LH PY, US Domestic F and a some domestic Y. They still asked me for my physical card scan.

There are a few cases here on the thread where some people got the match without the physical card.

Same thing applies to time taken which has varied from <1 day to many months.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by jimat3c
saying they needed copy of actual card as was in their rules.
I wonder if they're trying to crack down on the influx of A3 refugees. A lot of the trouble I've seen lately is from A3 matches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.