TK status match (2015)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 2, 15, 4:37 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: flolee
Wiki Link
Update March 2015: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is running reasonably smoothly.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

It appears that status matches are only granted once per lifetime, so think carefully before requesting if you might not re-qualify.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website

2/6/2015 new info from TK
We have received your message that you sent to our unit on 20 January 2015. Please be informed that when you claim your first flight with Turkish Airlines or other Star Alliance members to your Miles&Smiles account, your card will be sent to your address automatically.

On the otherhand, we would like to remind you that you can also get your original Miles&Smiles Card from Card Press Desk at Ataturk Airport International Terminal between 07.30 A.M and 09.45 PM. The location of Card Press desk is between A and B Check-in counters.

4/7/2015
Adding this Step-by-Step guide with screenshots to TK Status Match
http://dcta.boardingarea.com/2015/02...-status-match/

26/7/2015 - Jerry
TK asks for Elite card scan AND Account activity within last 2 months, so it's best if you have some activities!!
Timeline can range from few hours to few days, be patient!

21/9/2015 - Neil791
For those reporting successful matches, can you please post your results as follows so others can estimate their wait times, success rates

02/11/2015 - flolee
It looks like TK might also ask you for a scan of your Passport now. So if you are in a hurry better submit it right away in the first place with all the other documents.

Date Requested
Current Airline and Status (i.e. AB TopBonus, AA Plat, etc)
Information submitted (i.e. physical card scan, activity statement, etc)
Any replies received other than confirmation
Date Confirmation Received
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 11, 15, 4:03 am
  #151  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: LHR - London
Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Posts: 135
Originally Posted by sshyg View Post
Ya pretty much, but it looks like the circular plastic tape from TK isn't strong enough to seal the package for me. The Canada post tape actually tapes over the entire envelop opening.

http://imgur.com/XfMwBb0
UPDATE: Received my package yesterday and the envelope was open. Looks like the tape is weak, no signs of customs and they're usually quite good at putting a sticker on if they open it.
zontar2010 is offline  
Old Feb 11, 15, 9:40 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: TYO
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 6,829
Thanks. So they confirm the lost card request via email after some time? You would think that it would generate an automated email or some sort of confirmation.

I got a response with the odd request to send a copy of my passport. This happened about a week after the status match. I had requested that they correct the format of my US address (i.e. not having to select a random city from their stupid drop down list) and that they send the card there.



Originally Posted by aglp2k View Post
They said I need to credit a flight to M&S to get the card. However I received the card via lost card request. I did not credit any miles yet.

Unlike the previous poster (#148), I did not get luggage tags etc. Just got the card in a plain envelope.
gnaget is offline  
Old Feb 15, 15, 9:13 pm
  #153  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere between LHR, ISB and YYZ
Programs: British Airways Blue, A3*G
Posts: 42
Just thought I'd report my experiences: applied only a couple of weeks ago to match my Aegean gold card to Turkish Elite. A few days later I received a message asking for a scan of the card, which I sent, and a few days after that I was confirmed as Elite. So it seems to be working fine for me!

Now a wait to see if the actual card will turn up...
writermatt is offline  
Old Feb 16, 15, 1:58 am
  #154  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between AMS and BRU
Posts: 8,800
A bit strange...... but when asked for a match from LH SEN (*A Gold) I only got matched to Classic Plus, which is rather useless.

Edit: Seems I've fallen victim to the same false e-mail that has been reported earlier. At log-in my status seems to be Elite.
RTW1 is offline  
Old Feb 17, 15, 7:38 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: CNX;PIA;FCO
Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, AAdvantage
Posts: 135
Informed that my A3 (*A Gold) was matched to Elite Plus within 1 week, even though the email also said Classic Plus like so many are having. Address is Thailand, so will update if/when new card makes it!
abebix is offline  
Old Feb 17, 15, 8:00 pm
  #156  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 25
My request to match from EY Gold was denied. That's sad because I fly from Europe to MNL several times a year, and their new route from IST to MNL, in terms of schedule, would have been really interesting for me. This is the reply I got:

Please be informed that only Star Alliance Gold , Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members have an opportunity for Status Match.

Therefore we are sorry that we are unable to meet your demand positively.

Last edited by long legs; Feb 17, 15 at 8:12 pm
long legs is offline  
Old Feb 18, 15, 6:26 am
  #157  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: IST
Programs: TK E+ | HHG
Posts: 271
Originally Posted by abebix View Post
Informed that my A3 (*A Gold) was matched to Elite Plus within 1 week, even though the email also said Classic Plus like so many are having. Address is Thailand, so will update if/when new card makes it!
I think you matched to TK Elite instead of Elite Plus.
pencereamelesi is offline  
Old Feb 19, 15, 10:22 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SDF
Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Posts: 290
I had a card shipped to me with the fancy packaging and a luggage tag shipped to me in the US in case any one wants a data point. Less than a month after matching.
asdf1223 is offline  
Old Feb 19, 15, 12:09 pm
  #159  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BOS
Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 1,214
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
I had a card shipped to me with the fancy packaging and a luggage tag shipped to me in the US in case any one wants a data point. Less than a month after matching.
I was matched from BA Gold on 1/22. I had made a request using lost card option and got my card with a welcome mail yesterday. No baggage tags.

I only care for the card and got it.
vishalgupta22 is offline  
Old Feb 19, 15, 2:39 pm
  #160  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: YYZ
Programs: TK*G, A3*G
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by zontar2010 View Post
UPDATE: Received my package yesterday and the envelope was open. Looks like the tape is weak, no signs of customs and they're usually quite good at putting a sticker on if they open it.
UPDATE: Issued a loss card request on 1/26 after realizing the package is damaged and received a new card today - located in YYZ.
sshyg is offline  
Old Feb 19, 15, 4:23 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: LHR - London
Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Posts: 135
Weird Message

Just received a very "interesting" email message today after receiving my first card in IST during transit 3 weeks ago and receiving my welcome package about ten days ago:

"Dear Zontar,

We have received your e-mail message dated January X. Your Gold Card's expiration date is seen as January/2015. However in order to match your status with Turkish Airlines Elite Card, it needs to be 2 months left to expire date of your card since the date of your request.

Therefore we are sorry that we are unable to meet your demand positively.

Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.
Kind Regards,

TURKISH AIRLINES INC. Customer Contact Center"

My old *A Gold card actually expires end of Feb, I've already flown on TK with my Gold status, putting this down to a glitch like their email stating that you've been matched to Classic Plus. Anyone else get this message? A possible new data point for future reference for others.

ZT
zontar2010 is offline  
Old Feb 19, 15, 4:35 pm
  #162  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: TYO
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 6,829
I think some people there are quite incompetent. Like I received an email a few weeks after the status match request indicating that they could adjust my mailing address if I send a copy of my passport.

Also, in my case my photographed card expired in January, but I indicated in my message that I had flown more than 100k status miles in 2014 as evidenced by my attached statements so therefore retained UA 1K until Jan 2016.

I also want to report that I received a TK gold card at my Scandinavian address maybe 10 days or 2 weeks after the lost card request and I have never credited my account. I also did a lost card request the day before (by mistake) with a US address, but no card yet. The address is a bit messed up with an additional city name.


Originally Posted by zontar2010 View Post
Just received a very "interesting" email message today after receiving my first card in IST during transit 3 weeks ago and receiving my welcome package about ten days ago:

"Dear Zontar,

We have received your e-mail message dated January X. Your Gold Card's expiration date is seen as January/2015. However in order to match your status with Turkish Airlines Elite Card, it needs to be 2 months left to expire date of your card since the date of your request.

Therefore we are sorry that we are unable to meet your demand positively.

Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.
Kind Regards,

TURKISH AIRLINES INC. Customer Contact Center"

My old *A Gold card actually expires end of Feb, I've already flown on TK with my Gold status, putting this down to a glitch like their email stating that you've been matched to Classic Plus. Anyone else get this message? A possible new data point for future reference for others.

ZT
gnaget is offline  
Old Feb 19, 15, 7:02 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Programs: SPG Gold
Posts: 4,602
Originally Posted by zontar2010 View Post
Just received a very "interesting" email message today after receiving my first card in IST during transit 3 weeks ago and receiving my welcome package about ten days ago:

"Dear Zontar,

We have received your e-mail message dated January X. Your Gold Card's expiration date is seen as January/2015. However in order to match your status with Turkish Airlines Elite Card, it needs to be 2 months left to expire date of your card since the date of your request.

Therefore we are sorry that we are unable to meet your demand positively.

Thank you for choosing Turkish Airlines on your flights.
Kind Regards,

TURKISH AIRLINES INC. Customer Contact Center"

My old *A Gold card actually expires end of Feb, I've already flown on TK with my Gold status, putting this down to a glitch like their email stating that you've been matched to Classic Plus. Anyone else get this message? A possible new data point for future reference for others.

ZT
Were you already TK Elite (Gold) when you check online?
Did they actually DOWNGRADE you then?

Otherwise, what status is the card you got at IST?
jerryhung is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 12:46 pm
  #164  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Budapest, Perth, Cape Town
Programs: TK Elite (*G), QF Gold
Posts: 81
I am an A3*G (status expiring Jan, 2016), and since most of my flying is with TK anyway, I decided to do a status match for TK to Elite. I put in a request at 15:45 CET on 22/2 and at 21:45 CET the same day, I received an email saying I've been matched. I got the 'Classic Plus' email, but my profile properly reflects the Elite status. I'm amazed at the only 6 hour response time to process my status match!! TK

Also, I will easily fly the 25000 miles this year to renew my status for the following two years. On my profile it says I need to fly 80000 to upgrade to ElitePlus. Is this true or is it only 40000 miles that I need to fly, since I'm already Elite now? Because I thought that it would be the amount higher from my current status, not from 0.
RudderDucky is offline  
Old Feb 23, 15, 11:44 pm
  #165  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: OTP // BKK // HKG
Programs: BA Gold, AA EXEC PLAT, TK*G
Posts: 74
Status update: Applied for Status match via Online feedback form, uploaded a photo of my BA Gold Card (Oneworld Emerald) and a screenshot from BA Account with the last 10 flights.

10 days later I received an email that my account was upgraded to Elite Card (*A Gold). I had no activity in the account, except 500 miles for filling out some survey a few months ago when I signup for their FFP.

Card is valid for 2 years, until the end of Feb 2017.

LE: seems like the card is *A Gold (Elite Card). The automated message from them stated I was upgraded to "Classic Plus", the account shows *A Gold card and the reply to my ticket also states that I was upgraded to "Elite card".

Last edited by Timbuku; Feb 24, 15 at 7:25 am Reason: fixed the card tier
Timbuku is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread