Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Reservation guarantee for elite plus: what exactly is it/does it mean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reservation guarantee for elite plus: what exactly is it/does it mean?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Question Reservation guarantee for elite plus: what exactly is it/does it mean?

Hi,
I tried to figure out what the reservation guarantee for TK elite+ members exactly is/does, and it seems to me like the English version of the website might be an inaccurate translation. Does the 72h in advance reservation for Y/X and 48h for C/I class bookings mean that

a.) If I buy a ticket in C or book an award in I, I will have a guaranteed seat so I cannot be bumped if the flight is oversold or

b.) Up until 48h before departure, I will always be able to buy a paid C class (or I award) ticket even if the flight is sold out?

The English wording seems like a.), but that would not make much sense. If I buy the highest fare class wile it is still available anyway, do this at least 48h before departure AND am the highest elite in TK's own program, I should be the last person to be bumped anyway. a.) would be worthless since I should have a seat anyway.

So is this in fact b.) = a booking guarantee for elite+ even if the flight is sold out, meaning I will still be able to book the highest fare (and someone else will be bumped if there are no no-shows)? That would be like other elite programs (eg. AB, BA, LH) and would make much more sense.

If it is the booking guarantee (b) I would spend some time & money to credit this years flights to TK and do some extra flights to reach elite+....
Thanks,
zap!
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
It's about booking guarantee (b) even if the flight is sold out.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Thumbs up Does it work?

Thanks! That sounds great.

Does it work when you need it?
(for British Airways, some people complain they did not get the guaranteed BA gold booking when they needed it, and Lufthansa has a very lame SEN guarantee that says "with the exception of some flights at some dates"...)

Has anyone here already tried to make use of the TK elite+ booking guarantee for a sold out flight and did it work for you?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
I didn't need it but TK use published IATA fares for (Y)IF/(C)IF fare buckets and prices are ridiculous.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by zap7
Thanks! That sounds great.

Does it work when you need it?
(for British Airways, some people complain they did not get the guaranteed BA gold booking when they needed it, and Lufthansa has a very lame SEN guarantee that says "with the exception of some flights at some dates"...)

Has anyone here already tried to make use of the TK elite+ booking guarantee for a sold out flight and did it work for you?
Used it twice. My travel agent waitlisted the flight. He entered my E+ number and the waitlist returned as confirmed just a few seconds later.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the E+ guarantee, is it for the Member only or also their companions on the same PNR?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's only for the Member. I'm quite surprised given His Excellency's commitment to family that TK don't extend the benefit to companions.

It seems TK is an airline of two faces, like LO not permitting family guesting for SEN despite Poland supposed to be the land where the family is number one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.