Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK A330 aircraft codes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
DEL-IST

I'd be vary of upgrading this flight. When I fly it some weeks ago it was operated by an A330 (TC-JNV) with old seats and non-working IFE & lights.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Airfleents has a nice overview of current A330 aircraft flying with TK tails: http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/T...ctive-a330.htm

Basically the A330-300 with line number 1150 and higher are new and nice, the A330-200 and select -300 are utter crap and better avoided.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Airfleents has a nice overview of current A330 aircraft flying with TK tails: http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/T...ctive-a330.htm

Basically the A330-300 with line number 1150 and higher are new and nice, the A330-200 and select -300 are utter crap and better avoided.
It actually depends on the class you travel in.

If you are travelling in Y then you will be happy with JNA, JNB, JNC, JND, JNE, which are all A330-200 owned by Turkish Airlines.

Same is true for the leased birds from Jet Airways TC-JIN, JIM, JIL, which are even good in J as they are fully lie flat.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
All this creates a terribly inconsistent J experience.

On the same route I got:
- TC-JNG - ex QR 332, horrendous and old seats, 2-2-2. Tape deck IFE. Not even well cleaned.
- TC-JIM - ex 9Y 332, herringbone lie flat, rather nice and spacious
- TC-JNF - ex QR 332, newer cabin in 2-2-2, VOD, but really short seat pitch and hence terrible leg room. Also, 2 seats (including mine) couldn't recline at all. Thankfully there were 2 open seats, but still legs jammed by seat in front of you.

This is one of the challenges of growing quickly and having to source aircraft in the secondary market, but it's not good for the brand nor the experience.

Last edited by extramileage; Nov 12, 2014 at 10:42 pm Reason: added info
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by extramileage
All this creates a terribly inconsistent J experience.

On the same route I got:
- TC-JNG - ex QR 332, horrendous and old seats, 2-2-2. Tape deck IFE. Not even well cleaned.
- TC-JIM - ex 9Y 332, herringbone lie flat, rather nice and spacious
- TC-JNF - ex QR 332, newer cabin in 2-2-2, VOD, but really short seat pitch and hence terrible leg room. Also, 2 seats (including mine) couldn't recline at all. Thankfully there were 2 open seats, but still legs jammed by seat in front of you.

This is one of the challenges of growing quickly and having to source aircraft in the secondary market, but it's not good for the brand nor the experience.
TC-JNG is scheduled for overhaul in December, so the experience will improve massively. It will have the same cabin like JNF
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:07 am

Assigning First Class seats

Originally Posted by shuly
What is TK's policy on assigning these 4 first seats? They seem to be blocked on the flights I'm looking at. Can they be assigned in advance? Is there a priority list?
Answering my own question, it seems that the most consistent thing about TK is its inconsistency.

I was on one of the ex-TAM birds last week. I could not assign first row when I booked; I even called TK and was told they were blocked. I therefore tried as soon as on-line check-in was possible, and got one immediately. Interestingly, only two of the four seats were occupied.

Then I was on another of these aircraft yesterday, but this time, at on-line check-in, all four first-row seats were unavailable. I tried the check-in counter on the morning of the flight, and again the four seats were shown as taken. On board, however, none of them was occupied, so as soon as boarding was completed I moved forward and had the entire mini-cabin for myself.

Shuly
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:12 am

TC JNV, coded as 3GF in the system will leave in a few days. Bird operated the last flight a week ago. New operator will be Azul in Brazil. I am sure not many passengers will miss this bird at all.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ferhat777
I suppose those J seats were comfortable, no? They were lie flat?
Originally Posted by tango3
Herringbone layout in a 1-1-1 configuration. The K side was better since the middle row faced to the "A" seats. Installation quality seemed to be pretty poor with seats and partitions were rattling/shaking; cabin walls didnt seem to be put back properly either.
EY also operates a bunch (four, I think) of dry-leased 9W 332s, with the same 1+1+1 J-class configuration.

Yes, K seats are the best choice for single travelers; and yes, installation quality seems quite poor: in any position other than fully flat the seats slip forwards and backwards a few centimeters every time you move around. I find them comfortable for sleeping, but only OK for everything else. There's a lack of (secure) storage space within arm's reach for small or valuable items, and the tray table cannot be swung out of the way, so at meal times you are imprisoned in your seat until the table is cleared.

The 1+1+1 configuration seems to confuse quite a lot of pax, I've noticed couples in D+K seats, effectively separated by the partition, which is presumably not indicated on the OLCI seat maps.

Johan

Last edited by johan rebel; Dec 18, 2014 at 11:57 am Reason: legibility
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Wauw, my TK CPH-IST-DXB and back in J Class 2 weeks from now has had some equipment changes and developed into a full TK a330 type sampler:

CPH-IST: 3GF
IST-DXB: 330-300
DXB-IST: 33R
IST-CPH: 33A

Wonder if there is some kind of TK A330 bingo I can win ;-)
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by raunow
Wauw, my TK CPH-IST-DXB and back in J Class 2 weeks from now has had some equipment changes and developed into a full TK a330 type sampler:

Ding Dong

Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:22 pm

Are there only 1 type of A333 now?

TK's website shows 1 seat map only
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...l-flight-fleet

My YUL-IST simply says A330-300 also, matching the seat map above
J with Rows 1-5 Left/Right, Middle are Rows 1-4 only, 2-2-2
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:27 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by jerryhung
My YUL-IST simply says A330-300 also, matching the seat map above
J with Rows 1-5 Left/Right, Middle are Rows 1-4 only, 2-2-2
Yes - it is new C - fully flat.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by raunow

How was it? Would be great if you could share some aspects for:
-IFE
-Seat
-Cleanliness

Many thanks in advance
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
A group of us are flying to KTM from several US airports including IAD, BOS, maybe JFK. The overwater aircraft are showing just as A330s, and then 332 from IST-KTM.

Seatguru shows the Business seats in the 332 as 159 degree recline. How are those for overnight flights? Any way to tell what we're likely to get, or if they'll be upgraded by October?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
While the A330-300 are a sure bet to get a nice good seat, the 332 is a very mixed bag, see the 9W/QR report upthread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.