Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Are Turkish rez agents always incompetent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Turkish rez agents always incompetent?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Originally Posted by iahphx
So my travel date is nearing, and I thought I should check to make sure my reservation is still in their system -- along with my seat assignment. But I'm genuinely "afraid" to call again! Is there actually a way to check this basic information on their website? When I go to the "My Bookings" section, I seem to need a Turkish ticket number, which I don't have because it's booked through a partner airline. Is there a workaround?

I'm also interested in using online check-in, but I'm assuming the chances of that working are not terribly high.
I had booked my flights booked through AC. I called AC to get the Turkish Airlines file locator number and then I was able to check my reservation online under the my bookings tab. Like you, I was afraid to call them after my terrible experience on the phone!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chiro1979
I had booked my flights booked through AC. I called AC to get the Turkish Airlines file locator number and then I was able to check my reservation online under the my bookings tab. Like you, I was afraid to call them after my terrible experience on the phone!
OK, I found it! The "incompetent" rez agent did not assign us to the correct seats (he didn't put us together as he said he did). Glad I checked!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cdmca
I mean we are talking about an airline whose CEO recently commented about Ebola in a press conference, stating, “This is not as bad it looks. Of course, God forbid, it kills when it infects. But this happens only in the last stages.” (http://www.todayszaman.com/mobile_de...?newsId=361930)

One step at a time, THY!
Had to share another gem from Mr. Kotil:
On April 16 that Kotil told new pilots of Turkey’s flag carrier that the Germanwings crash showed the importance of pilots’ “lifestyles.”

“That crash happened after the pilot, who caused the accident, broke up with his girlfriend. Hence, my friends, know that we are absolutely encouraging single pilots to marry,” Kotil said, according to the report.

Uhm... divorce?

Sauce: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/pil...&NewsCatID=341
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
I guess I am not the only one ((( I wish I knew about their "wonderful" customer service before.
I spoke to 11 agents at Customer Relations in yesterday. I was on the phone for hours! and the result - useless deparment. What is the point of talking to them if you have to file a complaint online?
You have to repeat the same over and over again. Some of them seem to indeed have very low IQ.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: miles&smiles
They are really hit or miss. I've had some really helpful and curtious ones and some really unhelpful and down right rude ones. And then the funny ones. I tried to rebook an award ticket a few weeks ago and was told that my chosen flight IST-LGW was booked out and was meet with 'I am sorry sir, but can I interest you in a flight to Zurich instead?' What!!! You mean the Zurich just outside London.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: eurobonus, flying blue, a club, hilton hhonors
Originally Posted by ellylex
I guess I am not the only one ((( I wish I knew about their "wonderful" customer service before.
I spoke to 11 agents at Customer Relations in yesterday. I was on the phone for hours! and the result - useless deparment. What is the point of talking to them if you have to file a complaint online?
You have to repeat the same over and over again. Some of them seem to indeed have very low IQ.
what is the purpose? So that they can claim that they have a customer relations department, silly!
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
I once called TK to ask for a date change and an upgrade (using miles) on a long haul flight. The agent was very friendly and polite and did the changes. Some days after, while preparing my trip, I noticed that the new ticket I had been issued was missing the return flight! The agent did not only do what I requested but ALSO cancelled my return flight!
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:43 am

I could tell many amusing stories when dealing with the TK call center. Just unbelievable stuff. Cabin staff have slowly progressed during the years. Last time i flew longhaul, purser came to thank everyone in the business class after the flight and asked what they could do better. Definitely a surprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.