TK Interline

Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, EY E+, UA*G, BA Gold
TK Interline

I have a ticket on TK from SIN - IST - ATH, but I want to break the itinerary at IST (arriving 0610) and then fly on a separate LH itinerary IST - MAN (departing 1700). I no longer require the IST - ATH segment.

Will it be possible to interline my baggage from SIN - MAN, given that IST is not the final destination on the TK itinerary and there is a long connection time?

If I am able to take my mobile bp for both itineraries, can they do this at check-in?

I want to interline the bags so that I can take one of the TK city tours.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
You should be able to interline TK to LH but you need to cancel the IST/ATH sector.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: TK Elite
I'm interested in something similar, can I interline between TK and UA? Doing VIE-IST-SFO on TK and then SFO-SEA on UA. Is this possible? Same question for the return SEA-SFO on UA and then SFO-IST-CDG on TK.

Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
I'm interested in something similar, can I interline between TK and UA? Doing VIE-IST-SFO on TK and then SFO-SEA on UA. Is this possible? Same question for the return SEA-SFO on UA and then SFO-IST-CDG on TK.

Thanks
On the outbound you will have to collect your bags at SFO to clear customs but on the way back you should be able to check them through to CDG.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:21 pm

Related question--I'm booked on a UA award flying IAD-ORD-IST on UA and TK. Will UA interline my bags onto a connecting TKflight from IST-ADB (Izmir, Turkey)? If so, will they do so even with long connection time e.g. 16 hours?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, EY E+, UA*G, BA Gold
Originally Posted by turgutbey
Related question--I'm booked on a UA award flying IAD-ORD-IST on UA and TK. Will UA interline my bags onto a connecting TKflight from IST-ADB (Izmir, Turkey)? If so, will they do so even with long connection time e.g. 16 hours?
From experience, I think this would be possible. I had a 20 hour connection to do so some sightseeing from 1100 to 0700, and LH interlined my bags on to the TK connecting flight to JFK.

I don't know whether there would be any difference for a domestic segment to ADB.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:59 am
Suspended

I only know from experience that UA will NOT interline with TK on separate tickets,since you say your award is IAD to IST,I asume that your ADB is a separate ticket,in that case UA will not interline.However there are luggage facilities at international and domestic in IST,at least the one in international is open 24 hrs,its also closer to the metro station,which now is the best/fastest way to get down town,after they made the conection at Yenikapi for the Taksim area.

BTW : Bags generally gets to the carousel pretty fast in IST,but the imigration wait can be long,unless you have a Turkish passport,so you dont loose so much time.The left luggage is to your right after you exit customs.

Last edited by geirfugl; Nov 29, 2014 at 4:11 am
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
They should interline. TK is Star Alliance.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Not for me,and I have top staus on both,hapend 2 times,told me they did not do this.
Hell,-UA dont even interline with themself on separat tickets,had a EWR-DFW and a separat DFW-IAH 6 hrs later,they would not send my bag to IAH,then they would not check inn my bag 6 hr prior to the flight in DFW,ended up hauling a full size suitcase around (but thats another UA story).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.